Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohe321

It says +youthplayer, which could work for both parties.

Good post about his injury history and the EPL i_bleed_blaugrana (a joy to read your posts btw, always good!), I agree completely. It would be a dream to get Aguero. He is a top, top striker, certainly one of the best in the world, and he has an awesome relationship with Messi that also is bolstered through playing together in the national team, he is of similar age and pretty much perfect Barca material all around as well - he'd fit in well.

28m + Alexis + 2 friendlies? Or is it pretty much given that Alexis is going to Juventus? If he is, perhaps City could be interested in Tello (but we'd have to pay more naturally).

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
It says +youthplayer, which could work for both parties.

Good post about his injury history and the EPL i_bleed_blaugrana (a joy to read your posts btw, always good!), I agree completely. It would be a dream to get Aguero. He is a top, top striker, certainly one of the best in the world, and he has an awesome relationship with Messi that also is bolstered through playing together in the national team, he is of similar age and pretty much perfect Barca material all around as well - he'd fit in well.

28m + Alexis + 2 friendlies? Or is it pretty much given that Alexis is going to Juventus? If he is, perhaps City could be interested in Tello (but we'd have to pay more naturally).

Remember this was a request list of Tata Martino and somewhat Zubi's recommendations. So might have changed after all this months and Luis Enrique's wishes would be different.

So, back in November Klose rumors were not fake.

Kohe321

But right now I'm feeling that it could be natural for Aguero to want out of England. If City wins the league once again (which they are in route of doing), he'll perhaps get a feeling that he's done with the EPL and want to get back to a warmer country that speaks his native language. The timing is also perfect age-wise for him to start playing with Messi in Barcelona, just after the worldcup in their mid twenties. Being a part of the "rebuilding" of Barcelona together with Messi and Neymar in the front could be an exciting prospect as well, aiming for CL trophies and whatnot post WC...

A frontline of Neymar - Messi - Aguero makes my mouth water - 3 players who can all create huge chances "out of nothing". Alexis and Pedro, while still great, are more bound to how the team is playing - they can elevate to a great level together with the team, but also sink with it and become utterly invisible. They very rarely lift the team by themselves, which is exactly what we need - more players who can lift the level of play, not just follow it.

Just speculation and (wishful)thinking from me, but it doesn't seem like it would be impossible. When does his contract run out with City, and does he have a buyoutclause that is reasonable? How do you guys rate the chances of him moving to Barca this summer?

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Yes, I am not saying it's impossible. He is on our transfer list since October and he is also leo's best friend. But 28M wouldn't secure the deal. That's just too low estimation.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Yes, I am not saying it's impossible. He is on our transfer list since October and he is also leo's best friend. But 28M wouldn't secure the deal. That's just too low estimation.

Perhaps with the UEFA sanctions, City might need to sell a couple players?

Nah, who am I kidding :VdB: , the Saudis got endless pockets.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Bm_OFXOCcAE01tA.jpg

MD says Pogba & Kompany :lol: :lol:

Bm_OcqbCQAEE73I.jpg

Sport talks about Messi suggesting Aguero. :D

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If we're gonna break the bank for Aguero, IMO, then we should just go all in for Luis Suarez instead. He can play anywhere along the frontline, is dynamic, decently tall (compared to the rest of our team minus Pique and Busquets), and isn't injury prone (like Aguero has been recently). We can probably do a deal of Pedro/Alexis + Tello + Cash for Suarez. Of course with that we'd be short a winger, which allows playing time for promising youngsters like Munir, Adama, and Deulo.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
If we're gonna break the bank for Aguero, IMO, then we should just go all in for Luis Suarez instead. He can play anywhere along the frontline, is dynamic, decently tall (compared to the rest of our team minus Pique and Busquets), and isn't injury prone (like Aguero has been recently). We can probably do a deal of Pedro/Alexis + Tello + Cash for Suarez. Of course with that we'd be short a winger, which allows playing time for promising youngsters like Munir, Adama, and Deulo.

That's great, and in an ideal world it would be the smart move, however Luis Suarez has neither shown the inclination of wanting to leave Liverpool, nor is Liverpool even remotely interested in letting go of their star player.

Suarez would be the better choice, but it doesn't seem feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans