Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

If they play him, it is because he is either performing better than the players the team currently have, or there is a litany of injuries. In both cases, having him is better than not. There are still 3 players that can play RB in the team. The idea was to find upgrade not depth, depth they have.

He's not an upgrade, Sumlit. And it'd be much better to turn into the b team in a injury crisis, than relying on douglas. Having him is not better in any possible case, unless you miss Oleguer. He'd be just a waste of space and wages.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Dat Fantastic Five upfront.

Alejandro-Sabella-Faint.gif

Also Reus looks damn handsome in Blaugrana.

Bvj1xPZCcAAvFZ8.jpg:large

Jadentheman

Yes KingMessi. The Fantastic Five Era. If it happens I believe we are in for quite a treat, even if it doesn't come close to Golden Era of 09-11 it will still be a sight to behold and write into the history books of Barca.

F

Flavia

So you all want Barça to have their own galacticos? To be a squad full of stars, instead of a team? No, thank you. And I love Reus. But too much is too much. There's no need for more attackers.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So you all want Barça to have their own galacticos? To be a squad full of stars, instead of a team? No, thank you. And I love Reus. But too much is too much. There's no need for more attackers.

You know, there's a reason why I'm not in charge of the club. :D

I love Reus and the thought of seeing him in Bayern, Chelsea, or Real Madrid colors would make me sick. I just hope Reus renews his contract and retires at Dortmund. Borussia Dortmund certainly have the money due to new investments.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He's not an upgrade, Sumlit. And it'd be much better to turn into the b team in a injury crisis, than relying on douglas. Having him is not better in any possible case, unless you miss Oleguer. He'd be just a waste of space and wages.

I never said he's an upgrade. Everyone pretty much seems to think the guy is the plague and I certainly don't have enough knowledge of the player to contradict that opinion.

Barca needed a RB starter upgrade. They failed to get that, but they do still have nice depth at the position. Douglas is likely the 4th RB behind Alves, Montoya and Adriano. 4th RB is pretty inconsequential is all I'm saying.

Only way he plays is if Adriano's hart condition does not improve or worsens (hope he recuperates), if Montoya gets injured or regresses badly, and if Alves gets injured or declines into a vegetable. That's a lot of disaster for him to play. That would cripple any team because I doubt any team has 4 RB depth.

Or he could prove wrong everyone who seems to think he is the anti-christ at RB. That's the updside.

Jadentheman

Can't we just have our Galacticos moment just this once? :D

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If Godswill, Campins, Patric, Montoya, etc. are better than Douglas then they will bench him. So you don't have to worry about playing a mediocre Douglas in big games, because if he is indeed as mediocre as everyone suggests then he will find himself on the bench or in the stands.

F

Flavia

I never said he's an upgrade. Everyone pretty much seems to think the guy is the plague and I certainly don't have enough knowledge of the player to contradict that opinion.

Barca needed a RB starter upgrade. They failed to get that, but they do still have nice depth at the position. Douglas is likely the 4th RB behind Alves, Montoya and Adriano. 4th RB is pretty inconsequential is all I'm saying.

Only way he plays is if Adriano's hart condition does not improve or worsens (hope he recuperates), if Montoya gets injured or regresses badly, and if Alves gets injured or declines into a vegetable. That's a lot of disaster for him to play. That would cripple any team because I doubt any team has 4 RB depth.

Or he could prove wrong everyone who seems to think he is the anti-christ at RB. That's the updside.

You're considering things from this season pov, I guess. Adriano is made of glass, and Alves is not getting any younger. Who knows if Montoya will become good enough to be a starter. Wasting time and money on douglas now, with the impeding ban is stupid. If Alves declines even more, and Montoya doesn't step up, there's a huge problem next season. Now is the time to get someone capable. Cuadrado is a better defender than douglas, to give an idea. Sign him, not douglas. Or pay 20+m for darmian/de sciglio/walker.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You're considering things from this season pov, I guess. Adriano is made of glass, and Alves is not getting any younger. Who knows if Montoya will become good enough to be a starter. Wasting time and money on douglas now, with the impeding ban is stupid. If Alves declines even more, and Montoya doesn't step up, there's a huge problem next season. Now is the time to get someone capable. Cuadrado is a better defender than douglas, to give an idea. Sign him, not douglas. Or pay 20+m for darmian/de sciglio/walker.

They clearly failed to get an upgrade for the spot, that is the real issue. Though of all the names you mentioned, only Darmian would have been gotten at a reasonable price, and IMO he is not a clear upgrade to the current depth at RB for the team.

The Douglas buy pretty much tells me they have fully settled on going through the ban with Alves and Montoya. Douglas is just the project.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
And just to add comedic relief to the thread, here is Francois Gallardo still insisting Messi will be sold sometime in the next week or 2.

In Spanish

Alarcón

Not really. If you read it closely, they are just recycling the rumor from Sport, and actually the Bild BVB reporter Heiko Niedderer dismissed the whole thing as "nonsense" and that BVB will never allow that to happen.

His answer was quite stupid though and it seems to me that he didn't quite get the idea. Buying him now and loaning him back is the same as buying him in 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans