Barça Travel Guide

W

woobie

The Boqueria and Santa Caterina were both full of stuff on Saturday, if that's any help (Santa Caterina is the smaller market just off from the Cathedral).

Tomchin

On my first visit to Barcelona, we stayed at a hotel close to the Ramblas. That was nice, because it was close to all the scenic spots. However, next time I go to Barcelona (hopefully in the coming months), I'd like to find a hotel close to the Camp Nou, because I just want to stay in Barcelona for a very short time, and the only purpose is to attend the game in the Camp Nou; don't want to visit the city again (according to googlemaps, the Camp Nou is about 15mins away (by car) from El Prat airport)

Could anyone recommend a decent hotel close to the Camp Nou? I know there're not too many hotels in that area, but hopefully someone could recommend one anyway :thumbsup:

W

woobie

There's one that's quite near Camp Nou -- I walked past it on the way to the stadium from the metro. Think it was a Hesperia? One of the spanish chains, I'm pretty sure.

Tomchin

Does anyone have experience with flights to Reus airport? Apparently the low-cost airline Ryanair also offers flight to there (instead of to Barcelona or to Girona). I saw that the airport in Reus is about 1h15 minutes away from the Camp Nou. About the bus from Reus airport to Barcelona (Barcelona center, or preferably Camp Nou), what's the price, and how many buses are there per day?

Same question for Girona :)

Tomchin

Does anyone know how many season-ticket holders there're in the Camp Nou (for La Liga). Are there 99354 (full-capacity) season-ticket holders, or are there considerably less? I read that the average La Liga attendance this season was 79390. Does that mean that on average 20.000 season-ticket holders are not attending the game (and don't free up their seat through Seient Lliure)?

Tomchin

From next season onwards, the club will introduce an "area of atmosphere" ("grada de animacion" in Spanish): about 1400 seats close to the Gol North, at the place where the Boixos Nois previously were located (see http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/camp-nou-contara-grada-animacion/20110601dasdasftb_15/Tes)

Very good initiative from Rosell and co, 'cause since the expulsion of the Boixos Nois, all the atmosphere in the Camp Nou is generated from one side of the stadium (Gol South, where the Almogavers are located). This surely will enhance the atmosphere in the stadium, especially during the "lower-profile" games.

The only thing that worries me about this rule is that there'll become less seats available for sporadic visitors of the Camp Nou (like me and lots of other non-Catalans). Does anyone know what the impact of those 1400 fixed seats will be?

Barcafan 2304

http://www.barcelona30.com/

Check this site out mate. Also, if you want to save money, check some of the hostels out. You have to be careful because some are real dives (i fell for one nd still shudder now) but some decent deals there and none to shabby at all.

From next season onwards, the club will introduce an "area of atmosphere" ("grada de animacion" in Spanish): about 1400 seats close to the Gol North, at the place where the Boixos Nois previously were located (see http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/camp-nou-contara-grada-animacion/20110601dasdasftb_15/Tes)

Very good initiative from Rosell and co, 'cause since the expulsion of the Boixos Nois, all the atmosphere in the Camp Nou is generated from one side of the stadium (Gol South, where the Almogavers are located). This surely will enhance the atmosphere in the stadium, especially during the "lower-profile" games.

The only thing that worries me about this rule is that there'll become less seats available for sporadic visitors of the Camp Nou (like me and lots of other non-Catalans). Does anyone know what the impact of those 1400 fixed seats will be?

Sheer maths dictate it should not be a problem for the vast majority of games. The average attendance last season was 79,000 so 1,400 seats out of a 98,600 seater Camp Nou should not be to much of a barrier at all for punters to find a ticket.

Tomchin

Sheer maths dictate it should not be a problem for the vast majority of games. The average attendance last season was 79,000 so 1,400 seats out of a 98,600 seater Camp Nou should not be to much of a barrier at all for punters to find a ticket.
Not really, it's true that on average 20.000 seats are not used for each La Liga game; but that doesn't mean that those 20.000 tickets are up for sale. No, I think the majority of those 20.000 seats belongs to season-ticket holders who don't come to this particular game AND do not free up their ticket (through Seient Lliure) for this game. It's a shame really; I hope that in the future Seient Lliure will be used even better than it is now.

Barcafan 2304

Not really, it's true that on average 20.000 seats are not used for each La Liga game; but that doesn't mean that those 20.000 tickets are up for sale. No, I think the majority of those 20.000 seats belongs to season-ticket holders who don't come to this particular game AND do not free up their ticket (through Seient Lliure) for this game. It's a shame really; I hope that in the future Seient Lliure will be used even better than it is now.

Fair enough. Hopefully though, getting a ticket for most games will still be relatively straight-forward......bloody hope so any way

E

ellipse

Got accepted into UAB (campus is in Bellaterra, but I'd live somewhere in Eixample and commute), so I have to decide in the next few weeks whether I'll be spending the next few years living in Bcn. I'll have to take out a 1,000 euro loan specifically for FCB, Camp Nou and Mini Estadi every second weekend. That's the life. :)

viper76

Planning to visit Barcelona from UK next September with my family ( 3 kids & wife ) and I want to attend one of the game at Camp Nou ether Osasuna or Atletico game

I need same advice on hotels with reasonable prices.

Anyone please.

nffc

Trevor Bird
Hi guys, sorry i dont speak spanish, can anyone help please. my bro and me are coming from nottingham england to watch barca v racing in oct. we are staying in santa susanna. the game is scheduled for sunday 5pm ko, does anybody know of any fan club coaches or train times ect, if the game is moved to a later ko do the trains or buses go back to santa susanna late on sundays. we would love to get a lift with a local and share travel cost, thanks trev

Home of Barca Fans