Barca Transfers and Rumors

TheStig

Dybala cannot play wide in this Xavi team.
Neither can Raphinha and Felix but we still play them. I am sure Dybala would be better and we shouldn't assume Xavi will be here next season anymore. He would basically be a cheap version of Messi as an inverted RW. Not ideal but what other better choice do we have?

JamDav1982

Neither can Raphinha and Felix but we still play them. I am sure Dybala would be better and we shouldn't assume Xavi will be here next season anymore. He would basically be a cheap version of Messi as an inverted RW. Not ideal but what other better choice do we have?

Pointing to other players that also struggle to play wide is no argument for him.

Barca need more pace out wide and Dybala would be more of same that doesnt fit there but would be useful in middle.

'Cheap version of Messi' yet can barely think of any time in recent years he has been regularly played out wide.

TheStig

Pointing to other players that also sruggle to play wide is no argument for him.

Barca need more pace out wide and Dybala would be more of same that doesnt fit there but would be useful in middle.

'Cheap version of Messi' yet can barely think of any time in recent years he has been regularly played out wide.

Messi didn't play out wide, that's why he's a cheap version od Messi.

I agree that I would rather have a real winger with pace but we don't have that and we can't afford it while we could afford Dybala. I know I would rather have Dybala + some money for other positions than Raphinha who has the same problems but is a level bellow Dybala in pure quality. Who is a better realistic option for RW for next season?

soul24rage

With Vitor upfront, Cancelo as a RB overlapping and if we do get an actual true LW with pace, then I would be in for him.

FFP is another major headache as well though.

JamDav1982

Messi didn't play out wide, that's why he's a cheap version od Messi.

I agree that I would rather have a real winger with pace but we don't have that and we can't afford it while we could afford Dybala. I know I would rather have Dybala + some money for other positions than Raphinha who has the same problems but is a level bellow Dybala in pure quality. Who is a better realistic option for RW for next season?

Messi was completely different player who played 'wide' majority of career.... Messi ability allowed him a free role from wide... Dybala wouldnt get that as isnt same up side.

When is last time Dybala played there?

Not remotely similar players and would be another player failing in this system and another player bought to play out of position.

Wont happen and rightfully so.

Again.. pointing to other players failing is not strong argument and it is not Dybalas position hence why he doesnt play there.

He would be a better SS than likes of Fermin/Pedri/Ferran who are played there though and that would be reason to move for him.

Need pace in front line not another player without pace playing out of position.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barca press saying we're going to sign Estevao.

How long before Real Madrid snap him up just like they did with Vinicius, Rodrygo and Endrick lol?

JamDav1982

He would be a lunatic to sign for Real who have Guler, Rodrygo, Diaz etc who all play on the right and on other side worse with Vini etc. They may even start trying Vini on right if got Mbappe.

I am sure Real have some other young RW who they rate highly also.

Estevao by all accounts can play either wing and even moves similar to Musiala a bit so could probably play centrally also if has the final pass. Another position potentially there at Barca and not at Real.

But can never tell.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes, and I really do hope we sign him. He looks like the real deal and by some rated to be an even bigger talent than Vinicius and Endrick.

jamrock

I'm done listening to the Barca press as it relates to signing young players for south America.

I was really excited about that Argentinian kid, he looks genuinely special.

JamDav1982

Yes, and I really do hope we sign him. He looks like the real deal and by some rated to be an even bigger talent than Vinicius and Endrick.
yeah he looks class on the clips and driving at teams with pace is what need.

Wouldnt have to start having him on books until summer 2025 when back in Camp Nou also so wouldnt impact this summer coming up.

The inevitable is 'agreed with Barca' and now is the time other teams throw money at him. Need to get past that point.

mc_lovin

Makes more sense for him to sign for Madrid if you ask me. Güler, Rodrygo and co are rather easy competiton at RW. Lamine or him is a coinflip. For us it obviously makes sense to sign him, but would be even better if he was right-footed.

Home of Barca Fans