Barca Transfers and Rumors

Porque

The reality is that we are looking to get every penny we can get since the wage heavyweights (Ansu, Ferran) refuse to go.

So the low wage players enter the market. Pablo Torre, Nico Gonzalez, Julian Araujo, Abde. Guys that may have a future but we don't have the time or money to allow it.

Now in the case of Araujo, he looks a bit shit so if he goes and we get back what we spent. Fantastic.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Julian Araujo was by most reports signed specifically on Jordi Cruyff's insistence and recommendation.

Messigician

🚨🚨💣| BREAKING: FC Barcelona & Paris Saint-Germain have reached an agreement to sign Neymar, he will be a blaugrana @khaledwaleed99

montero19

This. Why the fuck would we go for someone like him?
I'd rather see Roberto or Christensen in the role. We should be playing double pivot anyway. 433 doesn't suit this squad . Barring Lewa and Dembele the other forwards are mediocre at best.
Do u really know Romeu? He's not at Zubi or Rodri's level but he's dependable. He has sweet long passes, marks excellently & he's a Canterano. Pls, let's cool down & give him the benefit of doubt.. Thanks.

BJJ

Do u really know Romeu? He's not at Zubi or Rodri's level but he's dependable. He has sweet long passes, marks excellently & he's a Canterano. Pls, let's cool down & give him the benefit of doubt.. Thanks.
Yes, I know him and watched a couple of Girona matches last season. I also remember him playing for us back in the day. He's Girona level,not Barca level. He can be a back up pivot playing crappy farmer sides but he's not cl level.

mc_lovin

Xavi wants a positional DM. Romeu is one, but I am pretty sure Xavi merely thinks of him as a squad option. Would be surprised if he becomes a starter.

Co0ter

Xavi wants a positional DM. Romeu is one, but I am pretty sure Xavi merely thinks of him as a squad option. Would be surprised if he becomes a starter.
We dont have the money to be wasting on squad options though, that's a luxury we don't have.

It's a dead end signing. Not what we need. Impossible to sell next season when Xavi realizes, again, he bought a player for a position he doesn't play or isn't good enough for. Then the player refuses to leave.

khaled_a_d

Romeu feels like the Braithwaite of midfielders tbh.
I don't care much if he on a loan or short term contract (2 + 1 years, with last 1 as a team option) but anything more then we will be stuck with him and paying someone to take him in a year or more.

xXKonan

Think Xavi is hoping that he'll be a stop-gap for a season and next year when or if our situation improves he'll get his preferred target such as Zubimendi.

But I think the Zubimendi dream is dead either way. Even if we have the cash He's clearly not interested in a move any time soon which is not all that surprising since Basque players have a strong attachment to the region.

soul24rage

The fact that we have to pay $ to buy Romeu should be an automatic no. I'd rather play Bob in the pivot position. Plus, Bob is the official captain anyways so chance for him to start is high under Xavi.

fergus90

Financial situation so bad that Romeu has to return. Be better off giving someone from La Masia a chance.

Club will be struggling to get rid of him next season .

Home of Barca Fans