Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

J. Araujo can be back up RB, I don't think he is good enough but he is 23 who is good enough as a starter for midtable Liga club. That is better than what we have for a back up RB (S.Roberto & Fort) who isn't a CB (Araujo & Kounde).
Regarding playing time and development, he will be 23 next summer, has played 4 seasons in MLS, has 1 season in Liga along dozen of NT games. He should be ready to fight for his place here, especially considering his contract ends in 2026 (as usual) so 1 more year loan means he will get back with one year left in contract.

Valle otoh has no Liga experience, is less thana year younger than Balde. I just don't think it is a smart idea to have too very young LB

What is the source of Hermoso rumours? Matteo Morette already said we have zero interest and he is reliable journalists to Barca and very reliable to Atletico

Porque

What is the source of Hermoso rumours? Matteo Morette already said we have zero interest and he is reliable journalists to Barca and very reliable to Atletico

It's an article in MD today by Ferran Martinez and Gabriel Sans.

I'd be in favour of Hermoso provided we could ship Inigo to Saudi and replace him with Hermoso. 9/10m would be very a competitive wages to say the least.

Messi983

I don't like Hermoso.

skysports-luis-rubiales-spain_6262512.jpg

vuji_31

Getting rid of Roberto and Alonso is a dream.

Hermoso is on 8mil per season while Kounde is on 14mil per season. Christensen is on 10mil.
it makes more sense to sell Christensen then Kounde because of plusvalenza, but I think Kounde is on on the list.

Also we can get back Dest plus Araujo on right back position so we are covered there with Cancelo and one of those two.

But still we will need to get LB.

To bad Xavi is idiot and didn't want Grimaldo.
Balde/Grimaldo and Cancelo/J.AraujoDest is not so bad. Araujo, Christensen, Inigo, Hermoso and Cubarsi as CBs.

We need real destroyer in midfied. We are linked with Onana from Everton. Looks like exactly what we need.
Maybe cheap option is getting back Nico from Porto.

Also even more important is LW and whole attack. I don't know who we can get but it is not looking good considering the market.
We are linked with Mitoma, Leao and Martinelli, but that is not happening. Only hope is Mendes do some trick.

Hope so it looks something like this:
----Leao/Ferran---Lewa/Roque---Yamal/Rapinha
----------Pedri/Gavi----Gundo/Fermin-------------
------------De Jong/Romeu/Nico-------------------
Balde/?----Araujo/Inigo----Kounde/Hermoso/Cubarsi----Cancelo/J.Araujo

Messi983

Folk need to get the idea that Xavi is the idiot who didn't want to sign Grimaldo out of their heads, lol. We couldn't afford him at the time he signed with Bayer, we had other priorities and he also didn't want to return. Also, he's playing in Xabi's system that can get the best out of him (and Frimpong on the other side) but would very likely struggle here in our setup and people would again call Xavi an idiot for only signing overrated Spanish players. :ROFLMAO: But hindsight is always 20/20.

also, @Porque your boy Marcos Leonardo already scored 4 goals off the bench for Benfica in a total of 100 minutes. Will ofc have to wait and see how he'll do if/when he'll start games but couldn't ask for a better start of his European adventure.

Porque

@Porque your boy Marcos Leonardo already scored 4 goals off the bench for Benfica in a total of 100 minutes. Will ofc have to wait and see how he'll do if/when he'll start games but couldn't ask for a better start of his European adventure.

Think it's key too that we look at that example and have patience with Roque. Leonardo is older and in an easier league, and Benfica are taking it slow with his adaption.

3 of the 4 goals have come when the game was solved against 15+ sides. But hey, atleast they are bringing him on as a forward.

TheStig

Folk need to get the idea that Xavi is the idiot who didn't want to sign Grimaldo out of their heads, lol. We couldn't afford him at the time he signed with Bayer, we had other priorities

If we didn't sign and even renew Alonso this wouldn't be true, that's the point. I don't think Grimaldo earns a lot more than Alonso so if we didn't renex this bum we could have Grimaldo for the same (or even lesser) salary as Alonso.

Your point is relevant only if Grimaldo is on a much higher wage than Alonso which I doubt.

Porque

If we didn't sign and even renew Alonso this wouldn't be true, that's the point. I don't think Grimaldo earns a lot more than Alonso so if we didn't renex this bum we could have Grimaldo for the same (or even lesser) salary as Alonso.

Your point is relevant only if Grimaldo is on a much higher wage than Alonso which I doubt.

It has always been a bit odd that Grimaldo never got a shot here.

Hindsight and all that, but not renewing Alonso, loaning Cancelo (and looking to sign) and THEN Cancelo becoming our LB while we again search for a RB all suggest that- yes, could have brought Grimaldo back.

Cancelo is basically playing wingback too, so no systematic issues either.

There can only be one reason for all this, somebody shit in Luis Enrique's football boot and Xavi knows who did it.

jamrock

At the end of last season everyone thought/knew Balde was our starting LB.

We weren't looking for another starter.

So all this Grimaldo talk, is just some hindsight Jesus type thing.

He wasn't coming to be a back up and we already had our starter.

Maybe we could have signed him a few seasons back, but that's it.

Home of Barca Fans