Barca Transfers and Rumors

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Is Jorge Mendes Rodrigo’s agent? Transfermarkt lists relatives as his agency.

ESPN is reporting Mendes is the one who has helped convince Bruno on this complicated maneuver.

Bruno is managed by PositioNumber, which is owned by This Guy and his father.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Of course, this has Mendes written all over it - he's connected with all those involved, apart from Bartomeu (That we know of)

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Of course, this has Mendes written all over it - he's connected with all those involved, apart from Bartomeu (That we know of)

True. So if he manages Rodrigo, then it is starting to make sense. He manages a lot of City players, Bernardo, Ederson, Cancelo, Otamendi. He is also Semedo’s agent.

He could also have a grudge against United, I think he was managing Di Maria at his time over there.

MTL_Barca

Mendes (like Raiola) is probably involved in a lot of deals even if he isn't the official agent of the player(s) so that wouldn't be that surprising.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised as soon as PositioNumber get their cut on this deal, Bruno would switch to Mendes when he joins a bigger club.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
True. So if he manages Rodrigo, then it is starting to make sense. He manages a lot of City players, Bernardo, Ederson, Cancelo, Otamendi. He is also Semedo’s agent.

He could also have a grudge against United, I think he was managing Di Maria at his time over there.

I read something along the lines of Mendes wanting to call United's bluff since they wouldn't meet their valuation - a good 6 month spell at Los Che would presumably change that. Yet, we're to believe then that Bruno is merely a stopgap to fund a purchase of Lautaro or Neymar in summer?

That's predicated on a lot of things falling into place. Will Bruno do well at Valencia? What if he is injured? Where's the leverage, even with United if everyone knows Barcelona are merely waiting to go after a player like Neymar or Lautaro? Seems like amateur hour

FC B

Pretty certain club couldn't have been undermined more from a sporting perspective if Florentino was in charge

Florentino excells in other ways, just look how convenient rm's refereeing was in CL 2016-2018 and in La Liga 2012 and 2017, Barto on the other hand is absolutely null in each and every aspect.

Andresito

Staff member
Surely there must be better strikers than Rodrigo we can loan short term with Bruno going the other way? Or is the club 100% committed to Liga players?

gregorrin10

So what is this deal exactly? We sign Bruno and loan Rodrigo for 6 months, without buying him now or in the summer. So Bruno spends 6 months at Valencia to acclimate to La Liga, then comes in the summer and signs with us until 2025 in the summer, and Rodrigo goes back the other way, back to Valencia after the completion of the loan? If that's the case, it's not a horrendous deal, I was always content with any solid attacker, even Rodrigo, just coming in for a 6 month loan deal, as a stop gap. And it seems with this deal we're also getting the Rakitic replacement in place before the summer already wrapped up, so we can focus on defense and attack in the summer.

Vilarrubi

So what is this deal exactly? We sign Bruno and loan Rodrigo for 6 months, without buying him now or in the summer. So Bruno spends 6 months at Valencia to acclimate to La Liga, then comes in the summer and signs with us until 2025 in the summer, and Rodrigo goes back the other way, back to Valencia after the completion of the loan? If that's the case, it's not a horrendous deal, I was always content with any solid attacker, even Rodrigo, just coming in for a 6 month loan deal, as a stop gap. And it seems with this deal we're also getting the Rakitic replacement in place before the summer already wrapped up, so we can focus on defense and attack in the summer.

Looks that way, 10x better than the original 60m for Rodrigo rumours :lol:

Tackle

[tw]1222202262119829505[/tw]

Get it done.

Auba should be a good enough stopgap for next season as well. Go for Neymar this summer.

Home of Barca Fans