Barca Transfers and Rumors

Jombi

I don't the the board will be willing to accept such losses on Alcacer and Gomes and would rather keep them

Losses are mounting up every month by simply having to pay them alot of money every month. The wage costs over the course of a contract is just as high if not more than the transfer fee.

sergch

Losses are mounting up every month by simply having to pay them alot of money every month. The wage costs over the course of a contract is just as high if not more than the transfer fee.

Ahhh, that is the key to understanding how the board operates!

They are accountants and use every accountant trick that they can. Regarding transfers this means that they assign expenses along all the years that extend from the player's first contract with the club. This lets them not equate real payments to accounting expenses, which gives room to the business operations and simply helps to equate publicity contracts that run year by year to weird (in the financial sense) expenses such as transfers.

Buuut it also means that if you sell a player for less than what is assigned to cost (salary + transfer amortization) for the remaining years (again, as seen from their initial contract timeline), then you have to note a loss into the clubs books. This accounting loss, as your instinct very well tells you, is not a real loss, but an accounting one, and has taxation and credit servicing consequences to the club, meaning that it well could translate into real losses if the margin is too thin.

Also the board members have to tie a significant amount of their assets to the club in order to be the board, and an accountant shortfall can trigger a legal battle for those assets.

In summary, transfers are valued in a made-up way that has very real consequences, and those consequences can be avoided entirely by pretending that the player is being amortized in the pitch, even if he is a Douglas-lite that never plays.

TitoTata

Banned
mina 30 mil ( up to 40 if man utd join a bidding war with everton )

Alcacer - 15 - 18 mil

Gomes -10 mil

Marlon - probably peanuts

rafinha - 25 mil

Cillesen - 25-30 mil ( I wouldn't sell for that price )

Looks like Gomes will be staying given he's got out for a while with that injury ...

TitoTata

Banned
I would only buy an attacking CM if we were to get one. Coutinho should be enough, but if he gets injured we are going to struggle a bit. We cannot rely on Alena only.

Dembele/ D. Suarez Suarez/ Paco Messi" on paper, personally I would play him as false 9"/ Malcom

Coutinho/ Alena Busuqets/ Samper Rakitic/ Arthur

Alba/ Cucu Umtiti/ Verm Pique/ Lenglet Semedo/ Roberto

Stegen/ Cillessen

I would loan Munir and Marlon unless we receive offers for Verm and Paco. I would loan Gomes too and keep Rafinha if we do not get any decent offer.

Vidal, Lucas, Arnáiz, Mina and Palencia should get us about 65m to 75m.

At this point, I would rule out Pjanic and focus on Thiago or any quality attacking CM. Who do you think we should target? I definitely would not go for anyone who is younger than 27 especially if we are planning on getting De Jong.

I personally like Forsberg, but I have to say that I only watched him in the WC. He is a LW, but I think he could play as an attacking CM. The way he runs reminds me of Kaka. And there is also Fekir, but he is a bit too good to have as a backup and he is an actual number 10 and plays better in 4231 as a CAM. Not sure if he can play as a CM in 433. Juan Mata is a good option, but I am not sure if we can get him for 25m or less. However, I prefer Rafinha if cannot sell him. He has all the needed qualities to play as an attacking CM, but the board seems to be interested in getting one.

Thoughts?
What about getting Milinkovic-Savic who's had his price reduced to under £100 million apparently ..

FC433

^ I have talked about him.

I personally believe that we must not get more than one CM who is 25 or younger. The board seems to be very very interested in FDJ. There is also Tanguy Ndombele and as you said Milinkovic-Savic. I would not mind any of them because I have not watched them enough. But we need only one of them.

FC433

Okay let us see.

For all of you guys, who do you want out of the three: De Jong 21, Tanguy Ndombele 21 or Milinkovic-Savic 23? and why?
I know we have got Alena, but we never know. I still believe that Alena is going to make it, but it would not hurt to have an alternative in the squad.

Givenchy

Okay let us see.

For all of you guys, who do you want out of the three: De Jong 21, Tanguy Ndombele 21 or Milinkovic-Savic 23? and why?
I know we have got Alena, but we never know. I still believe that Alena is going to make it, but it would not hurt to have an alternative in the squad.

De Jong.

Ndombele i havent seen enough of and Savic is worth nowhere near 100mil, wouldn't even pay 60mil for him, hugely overrated.

mc_lovin

De Jong without a doubt... hes more likely to fail, but has a higher ceiling (looks more natural). Thats what Barcelona should be about in my opinion. I believe Savics 1,91m is a severe disadvantage for an attacking/central midfielder.

Joan

Okay let us see.

Question is when. If this transfer window, definitely Ndombele.

De Jong needs at least one more year at Ajax, we can't do the developing here. Ndombele is at the moment more ready as I see it.

Joan

Don't like number 9. 2 more out. But I doubt it anyways.

Romero's not reliable at all imo. Most forumers would give similar answers.

Devils

I assume the Thiago situation means that there are other clubs interested in him and he won't hold out for Barca if they don't come for him soon?

Home of Barca Fans