Barca Transfers and Rumors

Ritchie

Busquets needs competition for his place and also rotated a lot more. He's been ran into the ground for years and it's starting to show.

PhilS

No to all the ideas for adding a midfielder.

None of the the proposed midfielders would be as good in midfield for this team as Roberto and Arthur.

The squad is slim at FB, especially if Digne does leave. Lenglet has to be a candidate to play other positions in addition to CB, I don't know if that would be FB or DM. Even for a Barca CB his skills with the ball are extraordinary.

Jombi

Arthur and De Jong are both 21 years old (De Jong is 2 months older). I can understand why Abidal is trying to secure FDJ's signing. If both live up to their potential we'd be set in the midfield for the next decade

De Jong is younger than Arthur. Arthur will be 22 in some days. De Jong is almost a year younger.

Givenchy

I know its early days and only 1 preseason game in but i would be pretty sad if we did buy Thiago/a world class midfielder that would bench Arthur

100% on the Frankie de Jong train

vuji_31

I would buy midfielder but leave it at the loan.I think there is no need for young midfielder maybe only Busqets replacment or someone who can score goals from headers.

jairzinho

I would buy midfielder but leave it at the loan.I think there is no need for young midfielder maybe only Busqets replacment or someone who can score goals from headers.

This is the only thing missing right now. Someone who can give us something different. A direct player who can get in the box, give the opposing team something different to think about.

Ascom

I know its early days and only 1 preseason game in but i would be pretty sad if we did buy Thiago/a world class midfielder that would bench Arthur

100% on the Frankie de Jong train

THIS.

Really, i'm positevely surprised by the level of our midfield. We have Busquets, Rakitic, Alena, Arthur , Sergi Roberto and Coutinho will also have to play there sometimes to open the LW position to Malcom or Dembele. In games with weaker opponents this will have to happen. So, to sign another player is to relegate Arthur, Sergi Roberto or Aleña to long periods in the bench. It's going to be very difficult for them to evolve and show their real potential.

Just sign a decent RB, to alternate with Semedo. One with more attributes defensively so we have to diferente types of RB.

raki

THIS.

Really, i'm positevely surprised by the level of our midfield. We have Busquets, Rakitic, Alena, Arthur , Sergi Roberto and Coutinho will also have to play there sometimes to open the LW position to Malcom or Dembele. In games with weaker opponents this will have to happen. So, to sign another player is to relegate Arthur, Sergi Roberto or Aleña to long periods in the bench. It's going to be very difficult for them to evolve and show their real potential.

Just sign a decent RB, to alternate with Semedo. One with more attributes defensively so we have to diferente types of RB.

Plus Samper, Denis and Rafinha. Maybe sell one of these 3. Although i see Rafinha has a LW/RW.
If Valverde sees Coutinho as the Iniesta replacement the above theory is ok.

Messi, Rafinha, Suarez, Munir, Dembélé and Malcolm is the attack.

FCBfan22

The example given is like rotating Paco with Messi !
Guess it was YOU that missed the point ;)

Rakitić is great at DM. The best in our squad not named Sergio Busquets. He is also clearly better as a DM than a CM in Barca. You clearly didn't watch the games where Busi wasn't playing last season. Rakitić bossed the DM. Busi is also getting old and needs rotation. Of course, we would play Busi in the biggest games, I'm not stupid. But you clearly have some issues understanding people, or you simply don't watch Barca.

Zincubus, stop lying to yourself.

Trickykid

Raki looked a liability in most of the matches he played a sole DM for us. His ball retention, jukes and fakes just aren't good enough for that position, and him trying to mimic Busi just looked awkward. I have nightmares of him playing coy on the edge of our penalty area, Busi style.
He would probably work perfectly in a dual DM setup, though.

Home of Barca Fans