Barca Transfers and Rumors

Riordon

Lot to like about the player but does not really play like an outright winger but an attacking midfielder. Love how he plays with his head up all the time and is constantly looking/finding the right outlet, terrific dribbler but no pace really. Has a deal with Watford but Pozzo family willing to sell ahead for 20M

Yeah, seems a bit slow. I think he is an center forward but plays other positions due to his main position is occupied. Lets see if he can keep this up. Would love us to find a Gabriel Jesus/Vinicius-talent for quite cheap money. But he seems a bit slow yes. He is just 17 though, seems very brave.

SeloBarca

Rakitic
Suarez x 2
Coutinho
Vidal
Lenglet (or be backup)
Malcom
Busquetes (or be backup)
Roberto
Umtiti (unless he miraculously find his old form)
Cillesen
Boateng
Murillo
Rafinha
Vermaelen
Cucurella
Gomes

Shitloads of players we could just aswell do without, and should have gotten rid of over the last 5 years.
Now were stuck with atleast half of them becouse we cant make that big of an overhaul.

Zidane82

Rakitic
Suarez x 2
Coutinho
Vidal
Lenglet (or be backup)
Malcom
Busquetes (or be backup)
Roberto
Umtiti (unless he miraculously find his old form)
Cillesen
Boateng
Murillo
Rafinha
Vermaelen
Cucurella
Gomes

Shitloads of players we could just aswell do without, and should have gotten rid of over the last 5 years.
Now were stuck with atleast half of them becouse we cant make that big of an overhaul.
Good work !

I love Busqs and even Coutinho but they’ve suffered like Malcom under the ‘guidance’ of Valverde .. I’d also keep Vidal for the squad but the rest can go for me .

SeloBarca

Good work !

I love Busqs and even Coutinho but they’ve suffered like Malcom under the ‘guidance’ of Valverde .. I’d also keep Vidal for the squad but the rest can go for me .

Coutinho SHOULD have been better. I mean, he checks all the marks we are looking for in a player.
Im not sure if its him, or just Valverdes extremly bad player management and tactics considering pretty much every player has gotten worse under him.

BarçaBarça

Coutinho SHOULD have been better. I mean, he checks all the marks we are looking for in a player.
Im not sure if its him, or just Valverdes extremly bad player management and tactics considering pretty much every player has gotten worse under him.

To me, Coutinho seems like a mentality thing. He is so incredibly sulk/emo/unhappy/disheartened that he can't play at his best. Valverde tried everything to make him work, but he just can't turn it around. He will be good again at another club with less pressure, but he should have clicked here already with 1,5 seasons of trust.

About "pretty much every player has gotten worse under him", that is hyperbole. Unless everyone who gets better "magically" gets better on their own and everyone getting worse gets worse because of bad management. Lenglet, Arthur (first season in Europe), Alena, Vidal, Dembele, Messi has all been better during the time Valverde has been here. I think we need a new coach now, but everyone hasn't become worse during his stay.

henias

To me, Coutinho seems like a mentality thing. He is so incredibly sulk/emo/unhappy/disheartened that he can't play at his best. Valverde tried everything to make him work, but he just can't turn it around. He will be good again at another club with less pressure, but he should have clicked here already with 1,5 seasons of trust.

About "pretty much every player has gotten worse under him", that is hyperbole. Unless everyone who gets better "magically" gets better on their own and everyone getting worse gets worse because of bad management. Lenglet, Arthur (first season in Europe), Alena, Vidal, Dembele, Messi has all been better during the time Valverde has been here. I think we need a new coach now, but everyone hasn't become worse during his stay.

They haven't been much better. None of them has reached their potential. Valverde has never experimented enough and only stuck with core players. The rest had to accomodate due to the lack of opportunities or roles in this team.

Most were playing out of position or had no guidance in working towards being effective. They are just there to put their best they can but clearly has no clear directions when taking on a game.

Zidane82

It’s only a year or so ago when Coutinho was the best midfielder in the EPL then he had a good World Cup and then ... Valverde

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
It’s only a year or so ago when Coutinho was the best midfielder in the EPL then he had a good World Cup and then ... Valverde

Fucking delusional. You and your hard on for anything Liverpool is perplexing. Stupid comments don't deserve respectful answers. Guys fucking trash always was always will be fucking over rated cunt.

Zidane82

Fucking delusional. You and your hard on for anything Liverpool is perplexing. Stupid comments don't deserve respectful answers. Guys fucking trash always was always will be fucking over rated cunt.

I’d suggest you seek treatment .. maybe come back when you’re better

Zidane82

You are clearly the one who needs help in your eyes Coutinho >De Bruyne>Silva etc etc hahahahahahahahaahah

Maybe , just maybe I could have inserted ‘arguably’ into my statement..

That said ...

n 2015/16 Coutinho was outstanding, scoring twelve goals in all competitions. They included a stunning strike from outside the box at Stoke City in the opening game, the equaliser in the League Cup final and a brilliant solo goal against Manchester United at Old Trafford in the last sixteen of the Champions League. He won four end of season awards and was called up by Brazil or the Copa America which was held in the USA. Coutinho was the club's star performer in 2016-17, scoring thirteen goals in 31 games. He opened the campaign with a stunning free kick at Arsenal and finished it with one at Anfield that helped secure the Reds a place in the Champions League qualifying round. In January 2017 he signed a five year deal reported at £150,000 a week, but on 11th August, while still recovering from a back injury, he stunned the club by submitting a transfer request, hours after a statement was released saying he would not be leaving that transfer window. Coutinho had scored seven goals in his last eight appearances when the unavoidable happened in January 2018; he

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Maybe , just maybe I could have inserted ‘arguably’ into my statement..

That said ...

n 2015/16 Coutinho was outstanding, scoring twelve goals in all competitions. They included a stunning strike from outside the box at Stoke City in the opening game, the equaliser in the League Cup final and a brilliant solo goal against Manchester United at Old Trafford in the last sixteen of the Champions League. He won four end of season awards and was called up by Brazil or the Copa America which was held in the USA. Coutinho was the club's star performer in 2016-17, scoring thirteen goals in 31 games. He opened the campaign with a stunning free kick at Arsenal and finished it with one at Anfield that helped secure the Reds a place in the Champions League qualifying round. In January 2017 he signed a five year deal reported at £150,000 a week, but on 11th August, while still recovering from a back injury, he stunned the club by submitting a transfer request, hours after a statement was released saying he would not be leaving that transfer window. Coutinho had scored seven goals in his last eight appearances when the unavoidable happened in January 2018; he

Translation: had a purple patch (about a year) and everything before and everything after he was/is the coutinho we have today.

FCBfan22

Coutinho is probably one of the weakest players mentally I have ever seen and needs a good coach... Add to that the sky high price, playing out of position and a shot of concentrated complacency given to him by seniors and we are here.

Really hope that he has a good Copa America, so we can sell for decent money (take 110 million and run). I don't think this situation is solveable at this point, unless we sell all of the seniors (his closest friends here) and get a world class man-managing coach.

FCBfan22

Get Lacazette and stop with this Griezmann nonsense.

Barto is now in Griezmann and nothing more or nothing less mode at all costs to cover the embarrasments, while potentially losing one of the 2 true full-backs we have at the club.

Sporting direction is as prominent at Barca at the moment as Malcom's playtime.

Home of Barca Fans