Barca Transfers and Rumors

FCBfan22

If he's prepared to sit (Ernie won't bench Suarez next season) Lacazette wouldn't be a bad option if other transfers fail IMO.

Basically, everything is better than Boateng.

soul24rage

If Girona goes down, I wonder how much Stuani would cost. (he signed a new contract earlier this year and he said there is no relegation clause in his new contract)

He scored 13 non-penalty La Liga goals this season, 16 non-penalty La Liga goals last season.

Doesn't take a non-eu spot and I think at his age (he'll be 33 in Oct), he would want to win trophies.

If he doesn't cost much and he is willing to be a back up striker, I would love to have him in the team.

Vilarrubi

If Girona goes down, I wonder how much Stuani would cost.

He scored 13 non-penalty La Liga goals this season, 16 non-penalty La Liga goals last season.

Doesn't take a non-eu spot and I think at his age (he'll be 33 in Oct), he would want to win trophies.

If he doesn't cost much and he is willing to be a back up striker, I would love to have him in the team.

Would be quality backup striker.. fights hard off the ball too. The amount in January was rumoured to be 15m when we were interested, not sure what it would be if they went down but he signed a new contract in February.

BarçaBarça

If he's prepared to sit (Ernie won't bench Suarez next season) Lacazette wouldn't be a bad option if other transfers fail IMO.

Basically, everything is better than Boateng.

He would bench him/rotate him heavily for the right guy (he has never had someone he liked as a backup).
I hope we get Griezmann and that Valverde likes him. If that is the case, we will have a much better attack next season than this one, imo.

Joan

If Suarez kept this level for another season, he shouldn't be benched either. Extremely useful player.

If we got Griezmann, it would likely be Griezmann Suarez Messi.

FCBfan22

If Suarez kept this level for another season, he shouldn't be benched either. Extremely useful player.

If we got Griezmann, it would likely be Griezmann Suarez Messi.

But that's a big IF. The problem is that the last couple of years Suarez has those hot and cold streaks. The beginning of 17/18 in particular stands out. Also this year before he went off at the first Clasico.

I would like to have a quality backups for those cold streaks Suarez goes on. But, I have the feeling that despite having a great backup, the staff would go by the fact that they think he is a "diesel" striker as Barto said (he needs time to start scoring) and play him no matter what.

On the matter of Antoine... Isn't he left footed? Why would he play as a LW then?

vuji_31

Stuani is not bad option.
We can have him for less money.There is no way he will play second division.
So it means nothing from Griezmann.I am sure that Suarez can play one top season at least in Barca.

So it looks it is better to not buy ST this season or not?
Next year Griezmann could easily be in other club.

Question is...Is better to sell Coutinho and buy some striker or pure winger?

Possible scenario is nobody is going, we are buying De Ligt and cheap backup striker...
Maybe selling Malcom and buying some more talented player would be good.
I would prefer someone really fast who can counter like Liverpool with Salah and Mane.
This is good idea since Valverde likes to wait sometimes for counter.

I saw in media that Valverde want Di Maria or Willian...I would like someone younger , but now price of young players is sick.Even after two good games.

FCBfan22

Stuani is not bad option.
We can have him for less money.There is no way he will play second division.
So it means nothing from Griezmann.I am sure that Suarez can play one top season at least in Barca.

So it looks it is better to not buy ST this season or not?
Next year Griezmann could easily be in other club.

Question is...Is better to sell Coutinho and buy some striker or pure winger?

Possible scenario is nobody is going, we are buying De Ligt and cheap backup striker...
Maybe selling Malcom and buying some more talented player would be good.
I would prefer someone really fast who can counter like Liverpool with Salah and Mane.
This is good idea since Valverde likes to wait sometimes for counter.

I saw in media that Valverde want Di Maria or Willian...I would like someone younger , but now price of young players is sick.Even after two good games.

Willian, Di Maria and Parejo... Valverde's holy trinity.

Joan

On the matter of Antoine... Isn't he left footed? Why would he play as a LW then?
He's used to it. Was his position with La Real. But he wouldn't play as winger here, more of an inside left, I presume.

Suarez offers a lot even if he's in bad form. Has great understanding with Messi, helps create a lot with his off the ball movement. Team's dynamics is heavily influenced by Suarez. I can see why they persist with him.

Hope we get a good backup, though. Could help extend his career at the top. Plays too much.

vuji_31

True.

But we are safe from Parejo beacuse we signed De Jong.
I can bet Messi would like Di Maria and Willian is Valverdes idea.

Is there nay good young winger that Barca could be instead Malcom?
Chuckaweze seems decent and he have 40 milliona clause.
Ambidexterity could be problem.

Zidane82

Soooo how do you guys feel about PSG’s Angel Di Maria ??

Di Maria can still command a considerable fee given that he is under contract at PSG until 2021 and both Atlético Madrid and Barcelona have been credited with an interest in the former Real Madrid man by LÈquipe.

Home of Barca Fans