Barca Transfers and Rumors

FC433

^ That is perfect. We do not need anymore CMs. I do not know about Lozano though, have not watched him. I would get Martial, but would not really mind Lozano.

Joan

All I know about Lozano comes from WC matches. Not in good position to comment the transfer, but wasn't impressive, wouldn't say.

FCBfan22

So, calm your horses...

Gerard Romero says Raiola only talked to José Bakero, Barça's head of youth academy, today to possibly offer his portfolio of youth clients. So far there is no talk about any player for the first team.

gregorrin10

I'm just praying that we avoid buying players like Lozano, Rabiot and Willian. If we can't get a WC player like Eriksen (and put Coutinho up front) or i would go for De Jong this year already and just give him, Arthur and Alena a lot of minutes (especially if Coutinho will play LW anyway) along with putting Roberto back into midfield more often, hoping that at least one of them makes it and becomes our new starting midfielder for years to come. But under Valverde having so many young players is a worry, if he's not going to get better at playing and developing youth. But in any case he would have no choice but to give them a lot of minutes, and that's why i don't want someone like Rabiot here, because he's a little more experienced, but quality-wise he's not that much more special than Arthur, Alena and possibly De Jong, but he would give Valverde the perfect excuse to treat our youngsters like crap again. And i'm saying EV would have no choice but to play our youngsters is because Rakitic and Busquets are gonna need a lot more rest starting this season because they're getting older, but even more so because they won't have proper rest this summer because of the World Cup, Raki even more so, since Croatia will be playing the max. number of matches in the tournament. That's why it's so important that Arthur is coming now, really hoping for him to play a lot from the start, stay fit and do well in the preseason, where he will get a lot of chances for sure, and then start the season strong too. Alena is coming off that long term injury unfortunately, and now with Paulinho also gone it's crucial to bring in another midfielder. I suspect we'll maybe keep Samper after all, and the thing is, i do think he deserves at least one season to prove himself, if he's capable of being a quality rotation for Busquets. If not, here comes Oriol next. One more midfielder is a must, i would go for at least one of Eriksen or De Jong. My dream scenario would be to get Eriksen this summer, and sign De Jong too, but send him back to Ajax until next summer, same goes for De Ligt, but that's another area of our squad, so i won't get into that right here.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with Valverde benching Alena, if it was for a proven WC player like Eriksen, who would inject immediate quality into our midfield every time he would be on the pitch, but if it's for someone like Rabiot, who doesn't bring as much quality into our midfield, then we got a problem, because EV would have an excuse to keep ignoring our younger players, but our starting lineup would still be no better for it with Rabiot. And yeah, i know that Rabiot isn't THAT much older than Arthur, Alena and De Jong, but i still value him less than those three, not to mention he brings an unhealthy attitude and he could stirr up a lot of trouble, if he starts to get benched for any of them. And i just don't think he's worth it for us to be dealing and for sure overpaying with PSG again, the only PSG player i see that worthy of is Mbappe, but i don't think we have a realistic chance of getting him until 2020 at least, if ever.

I just hope that the swift return of Abidal and Segura from the meeting about Rabiot means that Nasser flat our rejected them. Providing of course, that we don't go after an even more stupid target like Willian. I would still prefer Rabiot if it came down between the two, but i don't want either of them, neither Lozano, who just screams World Cup one hit wonder, even though he was solid for PSV last season too.

Just go big for Eriksen, right now we're flat out in terms of buying and selling (40+35 for Arthur and soon to be Lenglet, and 50+13+12 for Paulinho, Deulofeu and soon to be Marlon). So we in theory we still have that 60M of the yearly budget and 100M saved from Griezmann. Sell Gomes, Rafinha, Vidal, and possibly Paco and Mina, that's extra cca. 100M right there, if we're being optimistic. That's 260M altogether. And it's enough to get first option for De Jong and possibly De Ligt for next year at the latest, and at least put in a serious bid for Eriksen. Anyway, that's my look on deals we should do this summer.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Why do people here keep talking about Erikson as if he is for sale? Even if he was, Levy will not sell for anything less than 150m+.

Pogba and Thiago are more realistic targets.

gregorrin10

Why do people here keep talking about Erikson as if he is for sale? Even if he was, Levy will not sell for anything less than 150m+.

Pogba and Thiago are more realistic targets.

Okay, then put in a 150M bid. He's worth it, at least for me. And with the scenario i've written above (like i said, put in a serious bid, and 150M would certainly make them think twice, especially if we do it before the extension, since Eriksen still hasn't extended his contract and only has 2 more years on his current deal), he's also certainly possible to get, even if it is for a 150M. And yes, we would be overpaying, but in this market we'll overpay for basically anyone we choose to buy. At least Eriksen would bring immediate world class quality into our midfield. As for Pogba, even though he would bring the same, you really think we'd get him for less? Not a chance, especially when you're dealing with the richest club in the world and the biggest dick, who hates us, as their manager. And even though i like Pogba too, especially if he keeps playing as mature and focusing on football rather than his haircut, like he is right now in this World Cup, i guess it still comes down to me just prefering Eriksen anyway, and i would rather see us pay 150M for him than Pogba. While Thiago would be more attainable yes, but he also comes with major injury prone issues, and i'm not sure we can afford a player like that now that Paulinho is also gone (which i'm thrilled about, don't get me wrong), not just Iniesta.

Last edited:

Judoman

Eriksen is not worth 150 mil for God s sake, specialy with 2 years left on his contract. He is an awesome player, but this numbers above 100 mil for every player that makes some sort of impact are ridiculous.
De Jong option is better, even though he is not WC yet, but he is an investment. It s time we start to operate like a bussines and not just throw money at other clubs. Didn t we learn nothing last summer?

Home of Barca Fans