Barca Transfers and Rumors

Jombi

Where does this idea of Rabiot come from? Is it our usual PSG obsession or is there any indications whatsoever that PSG wants to sell him??

Houssem Aouar should be the priority if we want a realistic midfielder with great upside potential. We are already linked to Frenkie De Jong so thats good.

Joan

We don't need potential right now, we need a class midfielder. Rabiot much closer to that than Aouar.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like us to sign him but we should have priorities.

Judoman

So are you guys convinced we will be getting at least one BIG name player ??

I've always liked the look of Leicester's Mahrez who'd flourish even more in our league but the talk over here is that he will sign for ManCity in the next day or so ( £75 million )

Isn t he off to City for about 70 mil ?

mia7007

Rabiot’s contract ends 2019, which makes it easy to get this year for cheap or next year for free if we can arrange it with him
This guy is very good, high potential with good level currently

Jombi

We don't need potential right now, we need a class midfielder. Rabiot much closer to that than Aouar.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like us to sign him but we should have priorities.

Actually, Aouar was better than Rabiot this season. Aouar just got named in the Team of the Season in Ligue 1 by L'Equipe. Not Rabiot. But if Rabiot is available for a decent price, I do agree that he's worth pursuing.

Devils

Rabiot's contract expires next year and he has indicated that he's open to change.

Wouldn't have to worry about him getting tired or injured on international duty either. :bartomeu:

Joan

Actually, Aouar was better than Rabiot this season. Aouar just got named in the Team of the Season in Ligue 1 by L'Equipe. Not Rabiot. But if Rabiot is available for a decent price, I do agree that he's worth pursuing.

Not that easy. You'd first need to see if they directly to back up that argument. Nevertheless, one good season doesn't vouch for anything.

Look at the comparison. It's clear they are different players.

Jombi

Not that easy. You'd first need to see if they directly to back up that argument. Nevertheless, one good season doesn't vouch for anything.

Look at the comparison. It's clear they are different players.

I havent said they are the same players. Simply that Aouar was better than Rabiot. And Aouar actually has more Barca DNA than Rabiot. He's an intelligent and composed midfield player. Its too simple to dismiss him because of his age. He's already dominating the French league.

Joan

I havent said they are the same players. Simply that Aouar was better than Rabiot. And Aouar actually has more Barca DNA than Rabiot. He's an intelligent and composed midfield player. Its too simple to dismiss him because of his age. He's already dominating the French league.

Never discarded him, in fact, argued for his signing in this very thread. I like Aouar and have followed this season, same as Ndombele. But, IMO, Rabiot is a safer bet.

Jombi

Never discarded him, in fact, argued for his signing in this very thread. I like Aouar and have followed this season, same as Ndombele. But, IMO, Rabiot is a safer bet.

Maybe safer, but whether he is better is questionable. I certainly dont think its appropriate to say that Aouar is just potential and cant improve our midfield right now. He was Lyon's best player in his debut season together with Fekir. His style of play is also far more similar to Barca greats like Iniesta than someone like Rabiot. If Aouar bulks up abit, I think he can prove to be an excellent fit for us.

Joan

Maybe safer, but whether he is better is questionable. I certainly dont think its appropriate to say that Aouar is just potential and cant improve our midfield right now. He was Lyon's best player in his debut season together with Fekir. His style of play is also far more similar to Barca greats like Iniesta than someone like Rabiot. If Aouar bulks up abit, I think he can prove to be an excellent fit for us.

He can, but it's a bet. He might fail next season. I'd rather trust Alenya and keep an eye on Aouar to see if he can keep it up.

TitoTata

Banned
Sooo if we don't get Griezmann and the front three is Coutinho on left , Suarez through middle and Dembele on the right...

Guess the perfect player to accompany Messi and Busqs in midfield is Chelsea's Kante ..

Jombi

He can, but it's a bet. He might fail next season. I'd rather trust Alenya and keep an eye on Aouar to see if he can keep it up.

All signings are bets, just look at the signings we've made. The question is how they'll fit into our team. The longer we wait, the smaller the chance are that we get the players we need. Mbappe was also seen as a bet last year. Worked out well for PSG. We have to be proactive and not just monitor.

Joan

All signings are bets, just look at the signings we've made. The question is how they'll fit into our team. The longer we wait, the smaller the chance are that we get the players we need. Mbappe was also seen as a bet last year. Worked out well for PSG. We have to be proactive and not just monitor.

We are taking the bet on Alenya and possibly Puig which seems a right thing to do, IMO.

Givenchy

Sooo if we don't get Griezmann and the front three is Coutinho on left , Suarez through middle and Dembele on the right...

Guess the perfect player to accompany Messi and Busqs in midfield is Chelsea's Kante ..

doubt it, more likely EV will deploy the same 442. Messi won't be playing midfield, hes our only reliable goal threat with Suarez in this form

Home of Barca Fans