Barca Transfers and Rumors

Joan

lol only person in barca b that has any business as third or second options to starters is alena, the rest are either trash or way too young to be determined and need to spend more time in the B team like miranda
They need time with the B team, who's denying that? Or loans, if they are promising.
cucu can barely play second division football what makes you think he'll do anything against the real madrids, bayerns or manchesters he isn't even an upgrade to digne
Who's talking about them playing vs. likes of Madrid or Atletico? Not to mention CL teams. I talk about Copa games and some Primera matches.

Why would he need to be an upgrade to Digne? If he can do the job as good or even close, it's worth it. We paid like 15 m for him.

Never cried for Palencia so I'll skip that part.
real madrid's starting 11 consists of a grand total of 1 youth products (their weakest link lucas vazquez)
and they are not introuble, this crap that la masia NEEDS to work for a club to thrive is total bullshit.
Carvajal? They also got Casemiro and Asensio for cheap. Not youth products but good scouting. I'd give credit to this board if any of the youngsters they bought ever comes close to the first team.

Yes, but while Madrid gets Modric for 30m, we pay 50 for Gomes and similar. God help us.

khaled_a_d

Yes, but while Madrid gets Modric for 30m, we pay 50 for Gomes and similar. God help us.

We paid 35M for Gomes in addition to 2M add on (for now) so if he is sold this summer it will be 37M total. RM paid 40M for Modric 4 years earlier

Who's talking about them playing vs. likes of Madrid or Atletico? Not to mention CL teams. I talk about Copa games and some Primera matches.

Why would he need to be an upgrade to Digne? If he can do the job as good or even close, it's worth it. We paid like 15 m for him.

Anyone who wants him to be back up is basically talking about him playing against RM & AM. That is what back up should be good for. We had same though with Pinto until VV got injured, same happened with Bayern until Neuer got injured. ALba himself has history of injuries, his back up need to hold his own against top teams.
Digne is a player the club already want to upgrade, Cucu being close (and probably he isn't) is probably not close enough to level we need.
Will be better if Cucu is getting sold with buyback option

FCBfan22

Anyone who wants him to be back up is basically talking about him playing against RM & AM. That is what back up should be good for. We had same though with Pinto until VV got injured, same happened with Bayern until Neuer got injured. ALba himself has history of injuries, his back up need to hold his own against top teams.
Digne is a player the club already want to upgrade, Cucu being close (and probably he isn't) is probably not close enough to level we need.

The problem is that no player who is on that level will want to play under a manager that plays the first string of players 95% of the time. So, with EV, we are not interesting to those, unless we overpay them.

MTL_Barca

That's the mindset that led to the current squad. Instead of trusting talents or getting real class we just bought one mediocre 30-40M la liga player after the other. We could've saved so much money, looking at our signings the past years is just depressing. Arda, Gomes, Paulinho, Digne, Paco, Vidal that was what? 170-180M? And good salaries as well. How many of them are anywhere near the starting 11 or even have a realistic chance to fight for a spot? None of them, they all were brought in to spend their time on the bench. Funnily enough Gomes might be the exception here because if he wasn't so awful he could take Iniestas spot now.

Just because a player is more proven and a bit better than our talents we shouldn't instantly burn all of our money. 30M here, 40M there that all adds up to a huge mess and we cant even get rid of them after we realized how bad they are because of how much we overpay them. It was the same with the CBs some years ago where we were desperately hunting Silva and then just brought in Song and later Mathieu and Vermaelen. Wasn't as much money but still a waste after all.

Now i think there is nothing wrong with bringing in talents for 20-30M and of course no club is without mistakes but the list above cant be a coincidence. We made a good deal with Rakitic in 2014, but just look at how much we spent in the meantime and he is still our best CM and all the players we bought ended up on the bench and not even because our midfield was that strong but because all the new players are too bad to play important games.

If we went for at least 1-2 real world class player instead of all the fillers the squad would've been much stronger all that time and if you have a strong core of players you can play a la masia player from time to time. CM/AM number 4/5 can be Alena, it doesn't need to be a 30-40M player. The important part is having a strong starting line up and some quality players you can play in important games too. Who comes past that isn't that important.

We did the right thing with Cou and Dambouz, but that was only because of Neymar. We got robbed super hard for it too by Liverpool and Dortmund, but at least we added real quality. Well unless Ernesto "the coward" Valverde destroys Dembeles Barca career of course lol

Last edited:

Joan

We paid 35M for Gomes in addition to 2M add on (for now) so if he is sold this summer it will be 37M total. RM paid 40M for Modric 4 years earlier

Here it says Real paid 35 m for Modrić. Transfermarkt says transfer fee was 30m.

You are right about Gomes, mea culpa. Don't know why I thought we paid 50m for him.

But the point stands, I wanted to point out that our squad management is below average. We need to pay abysmal amounts of money for quality players.

True that. I was talking about other players, who'd be 3rd in a picking order. Now I see Nothanks was talking about Cucu as well.

eaman

I wouldn't mind having Eriksen in the squad but would much prefer thiago to or verrati. They get on the ball and dictate the play more often than Eriksen and we need more of that again. Anyone to fight with rakitic for that midfield spot. Maybe the reason he hasn't played well consistently since 2015 is coz he doesn't have anyone challenging him for his place

raki

I wouldn't mind having Eriksen in the squad but would much prefer thiago to or verrati. They get on the ball and dictate the play more often than Eriksen and we need more of that again. Anyone to fight with rakitic for that midfield spot. Maybe the reason he hasn't played well consistently since 2015 is coz he doesn't have anyone challenging him for his place

Verratti?That lazy overrated prick? Never. Ever. Thiago is impossible.
Eriksen is too expensive. We have to chose Griezzman or a midfielder.

Givenchy

Verratti agreed. Thiago isn't impossible, if he wanted out i dont think Bayern are the type of club to be assholes about it like PSG.
Eriksen has 2 years left at a club with a wage cap (this will cause an issue soon regarding Kane, Ali etc aswell)

eaman

What makes you think he's lazy. I've seen him have plenty of hardworking performances. He dictates play more than Eriksen and he's also pretty good defensively and a tough tackler for that type of player

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What makes you think he's lazy. I've seen him have plenty of hardworking performances. He dictates play more than Eriksen and he's also pretty good defensively and a tough tackler for that type of player

Not lazy, but very undisciplined. We're not getting him anyway. Had a lot of PSG drama with Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Verratti already. Only way we should try to sign a PSG player is if that player is good enough and for sale.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
But he is locked in a long contract at a club who hates us and would never sell him to us.

mia7007

Still see Veratti one of the top midfielders in the world. Eriksen is great but we need someone who has the power to play as CM and rotate with Busi and Raki (both will be 30 next season)
I see Kante is first option, then Veratti and Thiago

Home of Barca Fans