Barca Transfers and Rumors

Nothanks

releasing as in selling,
turan, mascherano, vermalean, gomes.
we could even sell iniesta for big money apparently to china if we wanted to, and they would multiply his wages.
clubs are interested in these players (for whatever reasons) we aren't paying to get rid of them lol

Jombi

releasing as in selling,
turan, mascherano, vermalean, gomes.
we could even sell iniesta for big money apparently to china if we wanted to, and they would multiply his wages.
clubs are interested in these players (for whatever reasons) we aren't paying to get rid of them lol

I have seen no proof of that. Lots of talk, nothing concrete. We have never gotten any money for players past 30. So we can forget about that. What we should worry about is whether we have to pay the remainder of the wages of these players' contract.

Nothanks

Well of course there's no proof this is the transfer and RUMORS thread if we only discussed facts this thread would only be 10 pages long

Jombi

Well of course there's no proof this is the transfer and RUMORS thread if we only discussed facts this thread would only be 10 pages long

Proof would be credible sources. We cant just claim that we can sell lots of old players for fantasy sums or that garbage players are sought after, when we never get any money for players past 30. We have to live in the real world and in the real world, our players value hit rock bottom once they pass 30.

SeloBarca

I hope we can add this Arthur guy and Mina in january. With Dembele also back we get a much needed quality boost.
I would still like to see coutinho and Griezmann join in the summer.

That would be my dream winter/summer. We can only use Cou and Griez for the league so better to make predeals for summer. Im ok with gambling with 50m for Arthur. CMs are extremly hard to find, even more so deep playing ones.

Didno

Can we even afford 300m+ for superstar signings while at the same time keeping high wage garbage players? Could we heading for bankruptcy with this strategy?

No kid should be signed. 17 year olds are for Barca B. The players who should be prioritized should perform at a high level from early on. Like the signings of Umtiti, Gabriel Jesus, Neymar, De Bruyne, Sane etc.

Hi guys, first post :)

Firstly I think Griezmann and Coutinho would be around 220m, not 300m.

I agree with you that we should buy those type of players but I dont think the market offers any option like that. Who is performing like De Bruyne did in 2015? Or who is dominating the brazilian league like the young Gabriel Jesus and Neymar? Who even play like Sane did when at Schalke, destroying Madrid at Bernabeu? Or Mbappe run last year?

These players pop out every few years but right now I can't think of any. Plenty of young defenders with quality but can't think of any midfield or attack options that perform like those you mentioned right now.

So just interested to know: if you where given 300m which it seems like we have right now, who would you sign? If you can mention names maybe because I can't really think of any with the quality and talent you mentioned. :)

raskolnikov

That would be my dream winter/summer. We can only use Cou and Griez for the league so better to make predeals for summer. Im ok with gambling with 50m for Arthur. CMs are extremly hard to find, even more so deep playing ones.
Mine too at this point. We never properly replaced Xavi. Im just wondering how it will end up looking if it all goes down.
Iniesta wont be a starter if Coutinho comes. Arthur instead of Rakitic if he turns out solid.
There is no possibility fir Suarez to be a starter if both Coutinho and Griezmann comes. He either be a benchplayer or would be sold.
Im fine with either despite always rating him highly.
If we keep Suarez as a striker and play 4231 type line up then only coutinho or griezmann can join.

Zincubus

Banned
Fuaarck.

Both Griezmaan and Coutinho will be short term buys. One is 26 and the other 27. We should be looking at players between 22-25 years old.

Short term at 26 !?!

Couthino has got at least ten years left and 6 or 7 of those will be at the very , very top .

Anyways we just tried your suggestion last time .... didn't we get about 5 players each were 22 years old ..

How did that go ???

BBZ8800

Fuaarck.

Both Griezmaan and Coutinho will be short term buys. One is 26 and the other 27. We should be looking at players between 22-25 years old.

Sergi Roberto is 26 and people whine: let's give him chances as a CM and see how he will develop.

So, developing a 26 years old La Masia boy is a good thing, but buying proven world class players aged 26-27 who will perform good right away, is a short-term solution.
Hmm...

Messi983

I've expected another long [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] post after reading that [MENTION=1838]Barcilliant[/MENTION] post above.

Disappointed.

SeloBarca

Mine too at this point. We never properly replaced Xavi. Im just wondering how it will end up looking if it all goes down.
Iniesta wont be a starter if Coutinho comes. Arthur instead of Rakitic if he turns out solid.
There is no possibility fir Suarez to be a starter if both Coutinho and Griezmann comes. He either be a benchplayer or would be sold.
Im fine with either despite always rating him highly.
If we keep Suarez as a striker and play 4231 type line up then only coutinho or griezmann can join.

Suarez wont be sold, we can forget that.

Zincubus

Banned
Sergi Roberto is 26 and people whine: let's give him chances as a CM and see how he will develop.

So, developing a 26 years old La Masia boy is a good thing, but buying proven world class players aged 26-27 who will perform good right away, is a short-term solution.
Hmm...

I don't mind S.Roberto but we've apparently just extended his contract by 5 years and put him on 10 million a year ... 200,000 a week !!

Jombi

Hi guys, first post :)

Firstly I think Griezmann and Coutinho would be around 220m, not 300m.

I agree with you that we should buy those type of players but I dont think the market offers any option like that. Who is performing like De Bruyne did in 2015? Or who is dominating the brazilian league like the young Gabriel Jesus and Neymar? Who even play like Sane did when at Schalke, destroying Madrid at Bernabeu? Or Mbappe run last year?

These players pop out every few years but right now I can't think of any. Plenty of young defenders with quality but can't think of any midfield or attack options that perform like those you mentioned right now.

So just interested to know: if you where given 300m which it seems like we have right now, who would you sign? If you can mention names maybe because I can't really think of any with the quality and talent you mentioned. :)

Hi, there are always great quality players younger than 25 who dominate various leagues. What I am saying is that we shouldnt buy into the idea that if a player is younger than 25, he needs several years before he can perform at a high level. We only have to look at how Cesc, Arda and Ibra performed for us to know that age is no guarantee for quality or success.

Home of Barca Fans