Barca Transfers and Rumors

springfield

Barca's chances of signing top players have to be minimal with the uncertainty about whether they will be able to stay in La Liga, or be in any top league. If it ends up with Barca in a Catalan league, many current players will leave.

Even IF Catalonia becomes independent. Everyone wants Barcelona in their League. It's all about business, and Barcelona generates money. La Liga was crying when Neymar was leaving to PSG. What will they do if Barcelona leaves and there are no clasico's anymore? La Liga will for sure try to keep Barcelona in La Liga.

Ozil, like Di Maria is a Madrista.

Who says they are Madridista? I don't want both at Barcelona btw.

Riordon

Its pretty clear we need to strengthen our squad as we have a lot of mediocore players and some of our star players are on the decline. We must hope that our board learnt from last summer and already are planning for the next summer. Some young quality players like Gimenez and Goretzka only have a year left on their contracts. Would be solid additions in the same line of Umtiti and Semedo.

Last edited:

Messi983

[tw]915288943612108800[/tw]

Says we want to pay the 8 million euro buyout clause for Valencia Mestalla winger Ferrán Torres García. very likely if he joins it will be for the B team.

RM apparently also want him.

8 million!

He better be at least an Asensio level talent then.

I have no idea about how good/talented he is but from the past experience I think it will be something like this.

- If he'll go to RM he'll turn out the next Asensio.

- If he'll come to us he'll probably be the next Halilović.

Also, I haven't found any highlights of him on youtube. Don't think that's a good sign since usually every talented youngster has a lot of videos. :)

M

MessiCam

Who says they are Madridista? I don't want both at Barcelona btw.
They’ve both played for Madrid.

Di Maria once said that the only way to shut up Barça supporters would be to drop a bomb on Camp Nou.

Anyway, both are on the wane already... I’d much rather they sign some young talents.

JerseyAddict

Ozil is way out of form. Di Maria is injury prone as hell. There surely have to better players. Mediocre players are already waisting half of our squad.

SeloBarca

Ozil and Di Maria is way out of their prime.
We have bought way to many old players and rejects from other clubs already.

But it will be very hard.
1. Players dont know what will happen now with Catalonia and might be hesitant to join us.
2. Barcelona is not the club every player dreams of playing for anymore.
3. Maybe, just maybe, Bartomeu will realize that after getting his pants pulled down this transfer window. He and the board seems to live in a bubble and think that we have the same power we did 5+ years ago

MD reporting we won't go for Maxime Lopez as 'he is not phisical enough'

Physical players have never been our style. Gomes has turned out such a huge success...
Xavi and Iniesta, our best midfielders ever, are both 1,7m

Last edited:

Ritchie

Ozil is way out of form. Di Maria is injury prone as hell. There surely have to better players. Mediocre players are already waisting half of our squad.

We need to stop signing players approaching 30 who are after a last big contract and then you're stuck with them until they're mid 30s. You never know when the decline starts either, look at Suarez. And if they're not good enough in the first place (Paulinho, Arda) then it's even worse.

aaron101

We need to stop signing players approaching 30 who are after a last big contract and then you're stuck with them until they're mid 30s. You never know when the decline starts either, look at Suarez. And if they're not good enough in the first place (Paulinho, Arda) then it's even worse.

I don't know why you mentioned Suarez there. Suarez is different. If you have a chance to sign a player like Suarez who was at that time the best striker in the EPL and the world, you would sign him. This only applies to world class players like him and not to players like Arda whom we don't even know why he's here.

BarçaBarça

I don't know why you mentioned Suarez there. Suarez is different. If you have a chance to sign a player like Suarez who was at that time the best striker in the EPL and the world, you would sign him. This only applies to world class players like him and not to players like Arda whom we don't even know why he's here.

Suarez was worth buying no matter what. If only to prove that a player could surpass Messi and Ronaldo as the best player in Spain (albeit only for a season), some thought that would never happen (if we were Madrid the media would have made more a fuss about it too, tbh).

Ritchie

Agree we should but that's assuming you've got a sensible balance in terms of a squad age. We already had too many players in their late 20s and early 30s and Suarez along with Rakitic and Arda (and now Paulinho) increased that. We've been forced to address this with the likes of Umtiti, MATS, Dembele, Semedo and Gomes. And the ultimate signing of the present and the future Neymar left.

The Suarez signing was worth it for the treble but it's unfortunate he hasn't lived up to the billing since and now at 30 it's proved a very short term signing with no re sale value. If we had a Mbappe then that could be the striker position sewn up for a decade and at the least huge re sale (i.e. Neymar).Now to get a talent like that it's going to cost us money we don't have.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans