Barca Transfers and Rumors

Jombi

We don't need to replace Iniesta while the CM position-controller type is in shambles
We still haven't replaced Xavi

BTW Denis Suarez, Rafinha, Alena are all CAM-Iniesta role kind of players

Of course we do need to replace Iniesta. His legs are gone and has been gone for quite a while now. The players you talk about are nowhere near the level of Thomas Lemar. We are not getting another Xavi, forget about that nonsense. Xavi is Xavi. And no, Verratti will not arrive.

gasgas

Of course we do need to replace Iniesta. His legs are gone and has been gone for quite a while now. The players you talk about are nowhere near the level of Thomas Lemar. We are not getting another Xavi, forget about that nonsense. Xavi is Xavi. And no, Verratti will not arrive.

Verratti is no Xavi but he has characteristics of both Xavi and Iniesta.
And he has the defensive skills of a DM.

Who are the players i suggested?

Messi983

We are not obsessed with Xavi :facepalm:

Every top team plays with a tempo setting, controller midfielder except us

Madrid have Kroos, Modric,
Bayern have Thiago
Juventus have Pjanic

We have NONE
and then we wonder why we can't control midfield and get constantly overrun

Saul can not control a midfield, he is box to box
We don't need that
Kovacic is nowhere close to Verratti

Yes, you are. We don't need a controling midfielder if Valverde will just make our lines to play closer together that will be a big improvement over what we had last season.

gasgas

Yes, you are. We don't need a controling midfielder if Valverde will just make our lines to play closer together that will be a big improvement over what we had last season.

I disagree. Barca is the type of team that is based on midfield control, that's the Barca I know.
You can have all the 10 players in a horizontal line and it would make no sense if there is no control midfielder. Infact for Barca to thrive we need to have if possible all 3 midfielders who can control

vuji_31

This was case when Thiago and Fabregas leaved Barcelona...I think Verratti as biggest star at PSG should be at banner.
This is really good sign.verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrž.jpg

Giginho75

We are not obsessed with Xavi :facepalm:

Every top team plays with a tempo setting, controller midfielder except us

Madrid have Kroos, Modric,
Bayern have Thiago
Juventus have Pjanic

We have NONE
and then we wonder why we can't control midfield and get constantly overrun

what!?
last season we played with raki-busq-iniesta...
each of these players knows the "playing time" e is able to control of the ball in the middle, everyone in a different way...

unfortunately one of these played worst season since he signed with FCB (rakitic) and another (don andres) is beginning slowly to lose the best shape of some years ago...and clearly no one of these is like xavi (best playmaker of history), but certainly our problem has not been the ball control in the middle.

Last edited:

gasgas

what!?
last season we played with raki-busq-iniesta...
each of these players knows the "playing time" e is able to control of the ball in the middle, everyone in a different way...

unfortunately one of these played worst season since he signed with FCB (rakitic) and another (don andres) is beginning slowly to lose the best shape of some years ago...and clearly no one of these is like xavi (best playmaker of history), but certainly our problem has not been the ball control in the middle.
No and No

We don't control the ball in midfield at all. Let me repeat AT ALL!!!

We just by-pass the midfield and send the ball to Neymar and Messi for them to dribble 6 defenders

Giginho75

No and No

We don't control the ball in midfield at all. Let me repeat AT ALL!!!

We just by-pass the midfield and send the ball to Neymar and Messi for them to dribble 6 defenders

i respect you opinion, but i disagree...
with the same midfielders we dominated and won CL 2015 with great possession and control of the ball in the middle.

Last edited:

fergus90

i respect you opinion, but i disagree...
with the same midfielders we dominated and won CL 2015 with great possession e control of the ball in the middle.

We still had Xavi around the squad then. His play time was reduced but for large parts of the season was performing better than Iniesta.

Giginho75

We still had Xavi around the squad then. His play time was reduced but for large parts of the season was performing better than Iniesta.

the starting midfield was raki-busi-donandres...
clearly xavi was still important and clearly he gave his contribution.

Giginho75

Iniesta was three years younger, that's all that needs to be said.

sure! but isn't the point of debate...

the point is, younger or older, the three midfielders are all able to play the ball and to control the middle...

indeed the problem of the last two season (mostly 16/17) has been the dynamicity and defense attitude.

vuji_31

It is just tactic.

This year all what our midfielders where trying is pass the ball to MSN and hope for best.
Verratti is coming I am really optimitic about it.

Home of Barca Fans