Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

Potential isn't always about age, some players really only start to flourish when they get a bit older. Doesn't Pereira want to play as a winger anyway?

I would like to know how you arrived to the conclusion that Semedo has higher potential than Pereira despite Pereira performing better in a tougher league with both of them at the same age

Albo

I would like to know how you arrived to the conclusion that Semedo has higher potential than Pereira despite Pereira performing better in a tougher league with both of them at the same age

By watching them play and seeing that Semedo is much better technically. His link up play is far better than Pereira's which is the most essential part of playing in Barca. Why didn't you answer my question, I heard Pereira wants to play as a winger which is why Nice didn't buy him. We already got a good winger who can play as a right back, why on earth we would want another one?

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I decided to watch them more... from what I've seen Semedo is the better defender, stronger, but also good in attack; crosses, link up play, very good passing..its all good. Pereira is lanky, agile and as a result seems to lack in the strength department which he makes up with his acceleration when defending, I think he edges him in pace though both have great pace, his passing and crossing are very good, he delivers potent sharp low crosses and he seems to utlize available space better than semedo, who I find is a little clumsy utitlizing space and runs into players often; Pereira is great at this, very clean, doesn't let players near him he knows he lacks strength so he always keeps distance, uses his agility, pace and finishes with great crosses. Dribbling I also like him more, like I said seems to be a cleaner dribbler.

Pereira edges him going forward, at least for my taste, whereas Semedo is the better rounded player overall. Both are acceptable choices, to say the least. Just my take so far.

By watching them play and seeing that Semedo is much better technically. His link up play is far better than Pereira's which is the most essential part of playing in Barca. Why didn't you answer my question, I heard Pereira wants to play as a winger which is why Nice didn't buy him. We already got a good winger who can play as a right back, why on earth we would want another one?

That's not why they didn't buy him, they don't have the dough. I didn't know he wanted to play as a winger, where di you see that ? Be that as it may, if a club of barca's standings comes for him at RB he'd jump on the opportunity, no doubt. Don't know about attitude problems either.

I'm just puzzled that we have been linked with Mendy (amazing freaking fullback, but LB where the need is not urgent -i'd buy him though-), Sidibe, Fabinho, even Aurier but not Ricardo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not Semedo or no one for me.

I'm happy as long as we get someone with great potential and a good current level. Someone whose dribbling, passing and link-up play is good enough for this level.

GetIn

DCJ3IQhXkAM2_eH.jpg:large

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing new this morning. Will be a along June methinks as I don't think Barca has a budget to announce new signings before July 1.

Sorin

Why the fuck are we even entertaining signing Bellerin for silly money when Semedo and Perreira are going to be cheaper and are already better than him in almost every aspect? Why are we so fecking stupid wasting time on an overrated smug cunt? I mean, i understand the whole "Barca dna" bullshit, as stupid as it is, but when we are after a worse player, who is going to be an even more burden on our dodgy finances, is simply sabotaging our own club. The only argument going for him, as a player strictly, is that he is fast.

Zincubus

Banned
Why the fuck are we even entertaining signing Bellerin for silly money when Semedo and Perreira are going to be cheaper and are already better than him in almost every aspect? Why are we so fecking stupid wasting time on an overrated smug cunt? I mean, i understand the whole "Barca dna" bullshit, as stupid as it is, but when we are after a worse player, who is going to be an even more burden on our dodgy finances, is simply sabotaging our own club. The only argument going for him, as a player strictly, is that he is fast.

To be fair Bellerin is far more than just a speed merchant .

video=youtube;ns48SFzu4MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns48SFzu4MM[/http://www.youtube.com/v/ns48SFzu4MM

http://www.youtube.com/v/ns48SFzu4MM

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

1-We don't know if we even after him. The player denied it,Roberto said before he isn't a fan of bringing players who left La Masia.
Remember last year when we were linked with Mustafi? even when everyone knew we are after Umtiti Catalan media kept saying Lucho want Mustafi and Roberto is trying to convince him with Umtiti. Bellerin is typically the guy the media would link to Barca. Position of need,Arsenal player and former La Masia

2-I think Bellerin has gone from being an overrated player to an underrated one,he is still a good RB and one of the top young talents in the position atm,younger than any other options btw.
I am not entertaining signing him,but I don't get the attitude of anyone but Bellerin.

3-While many players we signed from Arsenal didn't work out ,the truth is that most of them was signed for a reasonable fees considering their market value. From Henry (24M) to Vermaelen (10M + add-ons we were never gonna pay)
Porto and Benfica on the other hand are well known to sell with way over the market value. If -which as I said above I don't think it is true- we are after Bellerin I won't be surprised if the board think we can get him for same price as the others. Benfica is rumored to be asking for 50M for Semedo for example.

Giginho75

on google everywhere write semedo near fcb, a deal of about 50 ml...

anyway: excluding bernardo/man city, no real deal so far...
i think we can wait, certainly we will build a great team...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans