Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi should be our striker again. He's much more clinical than Suarez

False 9 stopped working in 2013.

Tata tried Messi as a pure 9, that didn't work either.

There was that interesting tactic we used way back in the Milan game at Camp Nou in 2013 where Messi started at false 9, Villa at RW but then Alves came up and pushed Villa to striker who pushed Messi back to CAM. Basically a 4-3-3/3-4-3 hybrid. Replace Villa with Suarez and Alves with Bellerin. Bellerin has the pace to run up and down the pitch if nothing else.

I still think 3-4-3 might work with better CMs behind Messi. It's always been the best Messi at CAM formation for us. Puts enough bodies in midfield to cover Messi's lack of defensive workrate without having to stick 2 pure DMs behind Messi (and thus relying entirely on Messi for all non-defensive midfield duties).

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

I haven't read much this forum a while, but one thing i get while lurking is that ''we need a RB''. This is BS. Both Roberto and Vidal can fill these roles. Messi isn't deprived of the ball against good defensive teams because of the lack of good RB. He is because of absolute vacuum in our middle field. And we don't even need a ''Xavi replacement ''. Xavi was something out of this world when it comes to controlling the midfield, but it would be enough to have someone who can actually act as a playmaker for Messi to have more freedom. In current team we have none. Absolutely none. Just get a decent playmaker an we can have Messi scoring a lot more goals, because he can't, when he makes most of our creative plays in midfield. Oh and Iniesta, as much as i love him, should retire. He didn't age well.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Both are an issue man. Losing Alves created a void that Rakitic can't fill and Iniesta aging created another similar void on the left. Which is why both Neymar and Messi are dropping so deep. Messi more so than Neymar. This also causes Suarez to get marked out of the game by better defenses.

Last edited:

Giginho75

who you want for RB?
let's do some name...

anyway we have already two players for this role and will decide valverde.

BBZ8800

who you want for RB?
let's do some name...

anyway we have already two players for this role and will decide valverde.

We have one average RB, Vidal.
We don't have a 2nd RB, not to mention a world class RB.

A guy who played as a RB was the weakest link in majority of matches after a New Year when the opponents have figured out his flaws.

Scientist

Bellerin is the best option. He is a homegrown player with barca dna. Would fit the system perfectly.

giphy.gif

Rather have Douglas as the starting RB.

Raketa10

It seams Bellerin is coming whether we like it or not. Let's look on the bright side at least it's not Cancelo. :D

Home of Barca Fans