Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

It's better than playing with a monumental gap at RW.
Let's not pretend Messi loves playing RW.
He did that for 6 months and went back centrally

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Or you get a competent RB that can link up with Messi and cover for him on the wing when Messi goes central. There's never just one fix to any problem like this. It's up to Valverde to find the best fit.

JamDav1982

The issue is not four attacking players the issue is having Messi in midfield who wont defend.

Personally dont like it as dont think Messi will play the AM role the way it needs to be played to get the best out of the team. Think he will play it more as a second striker who goes for heart of opposition defence too much and doesnt defend as much as needs to.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
So instead of a 4-2-3-1, it'd be more of a 4-4-2 with Messi playing off of Suarez.

And we don't really have the players to accommodate something like that.

gasgas

Or you get a competent RB that can link up with Messi and cover for him on the wing when Messi goes central. There's never just one fix to any problem like this. It's up to Valverde to find the best fit.

Last season Messi played predominanly more central even with Alves on the team,
It is not the lack of RB that's causing Messi to play central, it is who he is. Messi is the kind of player that thrives in a free role, where he can go central, left, right, up or down especially now that he is aging and can't run as much as a winger should. That's why he hardly stays at RW, even in the treble season he would go central more often trying to link up.
BTW many guys make it as though it is that easy to get that super uber RB who will cause Messi to want to play RW, be Messi's best pal, as though there are many Dani Alveses out there who have that understanding with Messi. I don't think so. None of the RBs out there can cover the whole right side on their own, attackwise and even less defensively. None!!! None have that workrate to cover for the defensive passenger in Messi. Even Alves himself needed babysitter Rakitic to sacrifice his midfield role to help out. It's a fact we have to get used to.

gasgas

The issue is not four attacking players the issue is having Messi in midfield who wont defend.

Personally dont like it as dont think Messi will play the AM role the way it needs to be played to get the best out of the team. Think he will play it more as a second striker who goes for heart of opposition defence too much and doesnt defend as much as needs to.

Let's take the Juve formation as an example. How much defensive work does Dybala do?

gasgas

Dont need me to answer it. Can go find out for yourself in that case.

As for Messi I dont think he will play as an attacking mid in that system unless he drastically changes his game.

I just asked for your opinion, how you see Dybala's defensive game nothing more, nothing less. Anyways whatever..........

Where did you learn to debate? Fucking lol.

I have been reading your posts

Devils

How is it that we cannot seem to sign a world class player? Bellerin, Seri, Mina...it drives me fucking nuts.

Its been three years since we've last signed a world class player, yet other teams Bayern, Juve, Real, City, United have no problem signing world class players every summer.

Makes no fucking sense.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans