Barca Transfers and Rumors

Sneer

Banned
Chelsea plays with two wingbacks.
I don't see any wingback in your formation

Coutinho is not a wingback
Mahrez is not a wingback

News Flash Victor Moses isn't A wingback.
This is his first season ever, playing that position.
The point is Mahrez and Coutinho get to run a whole wing, almost similar to what Cuadrado does.

gasgas

News Flash Victor Moses isn't A wingback.
This is his first season ever, playing that position.
The point is Mahrez and Coutinho get to run a whole wing, almost similar to what Cuadrado does.

Moses was always very very good defensively.
I remember how Chelsea fans used to talk about how well he could defend when they signed him from Wigan.

On the other hand Mahrez and Coutinho can barely complete a tackle per game.
And what makes you think they are capable or even willing to become wingbacks.

Nothing so far has shown them to be workhorses of any form

gasgas

By the way [MENTION=21874]Sneer[/MENTION]
Who in the world buys Coutinho and Mahrez for a combined fee of 120 M to play them as wingbacks?

Sneer

Banned
Moses was always very very good defensively.
I remember how Chelsea fans used to talk about how well he could defend when they signed him from Wigan.

On the other hand Mahrez and Coutinho can barely complete a tackle per game.
And what makes you think they are capable or even willing to become wingbacks.

Nothing so far has shown them to be workhorses of any form

Just how well do you know Moses, cause I can brag about watching almost all his games club/country.
And if there is something I know, it is that he is very similar to Coutinho. . . Mahrez not so much.

gasgas

Well some here want to sign a certain CM for 120 M so. . .
Well at least he is a worldclass CM, top 3 in his position signed to play as a CM in a team that needs a top 3 CM

But for you Coutinho is a CAM, Mahrez is a RW. They will cost 120 M and you want to turn both of them into workhorse wingbacks

One of these two is preposterous, guess which one :D

I take it comprehension is really hard. . . Offensive means attack.

Yeah we will be attacked so well in that formation

Just how well do you know Moses, cause I can brag about watching almost all his games club/country.
And if there is something I know, it is that he is very similar to Coutinho. . . Mahrez not so much.

Very well.
Those days when he played for Wigan and joined Chelsea, I used to watch him a lot under Benitezs IIRC and the next coaches.
He played as a winger but with very good defensive side. It wasn't a surprise when he moved to Wingback.

He's not similar to Coutinho AT ALL

Sneer

Banned
Well at least he is a worldclass CM, top 3 in his position signed to play as a CM in a team that needs a top 3 CM

But for you Coutinho is a CAM, Mahrez is a RW. They will cost 120 M and you want to turn both of them into workhorse wingbacks

One of these two is preposterous, guess which one :D

Yeah we will be attacked so well in that formation

Very well.
Those days when he played for Wigan and joined Chelsea, I used to watch him a lot under Benitezs IIRC and the next coaches.
He played as a winger but with very good defensive side. It wasn't a surprise when he moved to Wingback.

He's not similar to Coutinho AT ALL

Same way Cuadrado was top 3 in his position at a time but ended up playing wing back for Mourinho and Conte at some point in time.
Not to mention that he was bought for a lot of money too, hence Barcelona opting out of the deal at that point. With that said, your idea seems the preposterous one.
Sergi Roberto, Belerin, Vidal, Kolarov, B.Perez,have never been great defensively. I am surprised they have done well as RB/LB in their careers.
Song was a DM/CM with terrible defensive abilities yet he was turned CB over here
John Mikel was tagged the next best CM after coming second to Messi in the FIFA World Youth Championships. . . Turned to a sitting DM by Mourinho
Point is any player can be transformed in accordance with a system. Cavani played as a Winger when Ibra was at PSG, same with Eto and Milito.
If we play 3 at the back with a 5 man midfield that has 2 of the 3 attacking midfielders (wingers) falling back to help the defense when under pressure then automatically we should have 2 wingers + 2 DM's + 3 defenders = 7 players in defense.
Contrary to what you believe and based on what I saw Mahrez do against Atletico, I think he can play that way perfectly, if not we could use Vidal.
BTW, what suggests that Mahrez + Coutinho would cost 120?
Sorry to burst your bubble,but bar Coutinho's superior ball control and passing abilities, he is very similar to Moses in the sense that they like to run with the ball and work very hard too .
Watch Brazil NT games Coutinho always starts the attack running from deep in the midfield, when he does.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I take it comprehension is really hard. . . Offensive means attack.

Yeah lets play 1-1-8! It's even more attacking! Some people don't understand a thing about balance in the squad. For you obviously midfield is something not needed at all...

gasgas

Same way Cuadrado was top 3 in his position at a time but ended up playing wing back for Mourinho and Conte at some point in time.
Not to mention that he was bought for a lot of money too, hence Barcelona opting out of the deal at that point. With that said, your idea seems the preposterous one.
Sergi Roberto, Belerin, Vidal, Kolarov, B.Perez,have never been great defensively. I am surprised they have done well as RB/LB in their careers.
Song was a DM/CM with terrible defensive abilities yet he was turned CB over here
John Mikel was tagged the next best CM after coming second to Messi in the FIFA World Youth Championships. . . Turned to a sitting DM by Mourinho
Point is any player can be transformed in accordance with a system. Cavani played as a Winger when Ibra was at PSG, same with Eto and Milito.
If we play 3 at the back with a 5 man midfield that has 2 of the 3 attacking midfielders (wingers) falling back to help the defense when under pressure then automatically we should have 2 wingers + 2 DM's + 3 defenders = 7 players in defense.
Contrary to what you believe and based on what I saw Mahrez do against Atletico, I think he can play that way perfectly, if not we could use Vidal.
BTW, what suggests that Mahrez + Coutinho would cost 120?

Man you're tripping
Cuadrado was a RWB since when he played at Fiorentina in their 3-5-2. Long before he moved to Chelsea then Juve
That's even why we considered getting him as an Alves replacement.

Bad bad example

So you want a Wingback who has no clue on defence?
And throw away 120+ M on them and try to transform them? :roll eyes:
How long are Roberto's, Vidal's career's as RB?

Those examples you gave don't make sense and are quite irrelevant to the topic

Home of Barca Fans