Barca Transfers and Rumors

El Guaje

No, the club went after players who would make rotation of the squad more effective. They were never considered to be in the starting eleven, forget the next Xavi, Puyol or Suarez. Obviously the rotation thing failed this season - Messi, Suarez and Iniesta are totally exhausted right now, because they had to play in almost every game to cover for Digne, Gomes, Arda, Aleix and Alcacer mistakes.

They werent bought to play from start right away. They were meant to be the long term solution, to be phased in but it failed because they sucked and that is why the next couple of buys must be players like Coutinho, Özil, Kroos, Koke etc and not another hot prospect with potential like Andre Gomes.

edit: not all of them ofc. Paco and Digne were bought to be good substitutes. Umtiti, Gomes and Denis were bought as these so called hot prospects. Umtiti and Digne were the only ones who succeeded in doing what they were supposed to do, rest of the guys failed.

Last edited:

Windhook

edit: not all of them ofc. Paco and Digne were bought to be good substitutes. Umtiti, Gomes and Denis were bought as these so called hot prospects. Umtiti and Digne were the only ones who succeeded in doing what they were supposed to do, rest of the guys failed.

All signings made last summer were born around 1993-1994, they are the same age, so they are all supposed to be good substitutes and were expected to deliver in league games against weaker teams. That didn't happen. Nevertheless I consider Samuel Umtiti to be the best transfer Barca made since Suarez arrival. But the rest of them... loaning out is the less painful way to deal with them or zillion dollar transfer to China.

JerseyAddict

No, actually Khaled is right. Barcelona being one of the big clubs in football, the prices get multiplied by x3 times even x4 times. Example: if we send a scout to, let say, Paraguay and he finds one amazing talent there, what the price would be? For Barca - 10 million. For Shakhtar Donetsk - 2,5 million. That's the way it goes, I'm afraid.

you are both right. That is what I am saying to all this lets buy bunch... Barça can afford max one suoersigning cause A) doesn't have extra cash B) is,streched in FIFA fairplay paycheck limit C) ehrn Barça asks price skyrockets

And just look what happens when Barça sells

Jombi

No, actually Khaled is right. Barcelona being one of the big clubs in football, the prices get multiplied by x3 times even x4 times. Example: if we send a scout to, let say, Paraguay and he finds one amazing talent there, what the price would be? For Barca - 10 million. For Shakhtar Donetsk - 2,5 million. That's the way it goes, I'm afraid.

Thats not what we are talking about though. The question is whether young players (younger than 25) from smaller clubs are more expensive than superstars and starters for rich clubs.

Umtiti was 25m euros. Some superstar CB from a rich club would be valued much higher. Same with other superstars from Bayern, PSG, RM etc. They are not available anyway.

We have to go for players like Naby Keita, Thomas Lemar, Fabinho etc. Players who fans will classify as world class as soon as they start performing for us, but who currently dont have the hype surrounding them like starters for rich clubs. Thinking we can get Verratti, Thiago, Kroos etc is just delusion. Just like our hopeless and laughable Thiago Silva chase a few years back.

Dembele and Mbappe will obviously be super expensive. They are attacking gems who make things happen whenever they get the ball and already two of the best players in the world.

Last edited:

Windhook

We have to go for players like Naby Keita, Thomas Lemar, Fabinho etc. Players who fans will classify as world class as soon as they start performing for us, but who currently dont have the hype surrounding them like starters for rich clubs. Thinking we can get Verratti, Thiago, Kroos etc is just delusion. Just like our hopeless and laughable Thiago Silva chase a few years back.

My thoughts exactly! Barcelona's scouting needs an overhaul. Of what use are you if you spot Alexandre Lacazatte after scoring 20+ goals in Ligue 1? All those football websites are doing better job finding talents than our own staff.

1993Kaan1993

Why Would you even want Sanches?

agreed. Average player. when l first watched him in Euro, he was dubbed as next Seedorf. Nothing was smiliar with Seedorf. Seedorf was damn good player. he was great presser, sublime tecnique, dribbling skills, good passer.

Renato is weak defensively. weak shooter, lacks long passing skills. Nothing special.

F

FlaFCB

[Tw]855128851650883585[/tw]

Sport making fun of Barça, saying Verm is the first reinforcement :lol:

Why not? Young talent who promise a lot and I think he is what we need and who's better available solution?

From what I've seen (mainly limited bayern minutes and Euro 2016)

sanches would be a terrible fit for barcelona.

Tactically and technically not up to par for a barcelona midfielder.

Think about it. Bayern played last week with fing VIDAL AND THIAGO playing 90 full minutes when their second leg was a few days later. Sanches made a bad move to Bayern with Carlo, however, coming here would be a even more crazier move. He's not ideal for barcelona, or at least not yet.

Honestly, Renato should of went to United with Jose.

Home of Barca Fans