Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

Best news I have heard in days!
This would mean we can sell Andre Gomes and some how play Matic and Busi in the same midfield or use Matic as a DM if Busi gets injured.

Matic is nowhere near good enough for Barca.

Sign him and it is sure sign they dont know what is wrong in the midfield.

F

FlaFCB

Good thing you aren't the coach then.
Defensively he is a beast, can play defense too and is above average going forward.
Matic is not the player we should be after. He's not Barça quality either. He'd be as bad as Gomes here. Barça is not an epl team.

JamDav1982

Good thing you aren't the coach then.
Defensively he is a beast, can play defense too and is above average going forward.

Nah good job you are not if thinking likes of Matic is Barcelona standard.

He is decent defensively and average going forward.

Chelsea have looked better recently with Cesc in team than Matic.

Messi983

Catalan press lost it. One has Thiago and other Mbappe as their main Barca rumors stories.

They've lost it a long long time ago. Don't even click on those articles linking us to ten new players every day anymore.

But it's understandable, especially in a week like this when we don't have a midweek game. And they will go crazy during NT break.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I can understand lack of news (there's only so much you can get on Barca on a given day) but entire level of journalism is low.
I don't remember the last time I saw good tactical analysis there. Good interviews are very rare too.

Messi983

Sad but true. Mostly because of 2 reasons IMO...

1. People are starving for news about new players. They want us to buy shinny new toys every year. As much as I dislike most of sport journalists these days they are smart enough to know what sells newspapers or get clicks in todays world.

2. It takes a lot less time and effort from the journalists to write some bullshit rumours (sometimes they don't even do that, they just denied what their competition is reporting - let's say MD is reporting we are interested in player X and then one hour later Sport said we are absolutely not interested in that player or viceversa) than to do a good tactical analysis or interesting interview.

Just the world we live in. Most people prefer quantity of news over their quality and they also want to get "breaking news" even if in the end turns out those news were not correct. Don't like it but can't do much more about that than to ignore them as much as possible and don't give them the attention they want.

Of course there are still some good and respected journalists but overall I agree with you that entire journalism level is low these days. And it probably won't get better in the future.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
MD and Sport aren't really the place to go for any analysis. ARA and La Vanguardia are, whenever they have some pieces like that.

MD had this Ousmane Dembele story a couple of days ago, and then SPORT published an unsigned report that was ridiculous claiming we don't want Dembele because he doesn't fit us and got character issues, issues no one in France or Germany have ever talked about.

So blatant lying is nothing new for these two papers.

BBZ8800

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/the-war-begins-between-barcelona-and-real-madrid-for-vinicius-5901495

The war begins between Barcelona and Real Madrid for Vinicius Jr

As was expected, the battle between Real Madrid and Barcelona for Vinicius Jr has begun—and it could stretch until summer 2018, when the Flamengo hot prospect turns 18 and can be signed by one of the big European sides.

For the moment, the technical secretaries of the strongest clubs have, as is usual, their scouts at the Sub 17 South American championship, where Vinicius is playing.

Barcelona and Madrid have monitored the youngster for a while at youth level, while the Blaugrana have taken some discreet steps to contact his people.

Currently 16 years old, he already he has a professional contract as well as a release fee clause of 30 million euros.

Some speak of a new Neymar, because he plays on the left, although he could also be an attacking midfielder—with others calling him the new Ronaldinho. He has technique, speed and is physically able.

Just like in the battle for Neymar, Madrid and Barcelona are set to lock horns again.

Home of Barca Fans