Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CM

• RW

• Total voters

Andresito

Staff member
With season as good as over we can start planning for the next.

Current squad as it stands:

1 ter Stegen
3 Balde
4 Araujo
5 Iñigo Martinez
6 Gavi
7 Ferran
8 Pedri
9 Lewandowski
11 Raphinha
13 Peña
15 Christensen
16 Fermin
17 Alonso
18 Romeu
19 Roque
20 Roberto
21 Frenkie
22 Gündogan
23 Kounde
Yamal
Cubarsi
Fort
Guiu
Faye
Ansu
Lenglet
Dest
Eric Garcia
Julian Araujo
Pablo Torre
Alex Valle

How would you build next season's squad?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Sell Ferran!

I would even consider to sell Pedri if we get a good offer, guy is too injury-prone.

Otherwise ofc Romeu out.

I like Raphi but if we buy a LW, where will he play? On RW Yamal starts. Also he is one of the highest earner in this team.

I like also Inigo but guy is already 32 and i dont know if he would be a good sub player.

Sell Alonso.

Considering we need more guys who can score a goal we could give Ansu a season to prove us wrong.

Keep: Cancelo, Cubarsi, Lewa, Felix, Frenkie, Gundo, Balde, Araujo, Gavi, Mats, Roque, Fermin, Roberto, Guiu, Fort

Loki

In a perfect world - sell:

- Ferran (doesn't suit)
- Pena (too bad)
- Alonso (too bad)
- Romeu (way too bad)
- Lenglet (too bad, to high wages)
- Dest (too bad)
- Garcia (simply don't need him)
- Julian Araujo (don't need him)
- Torre (too bad)

loan:
- Ansu (to get back in a shape where the club can generate some money)

Keep:

---------------------------------MAtS / X
Kounde/Fort - Araujo/Christensen - Cubarsi/Martinez/Faye - Cancelo/Balde
---------------------------------X/Christensen/Gundo/Sergi
Gundo/Pedri/Fermin/Sergi - Gavi/Frenkie/Sergi
Yamal/X - Lewy/Roque - Rapha/Felix

Priorities starter DM, 2nd goali, RW who can play in midfield (Silva), maybe a LB if Balde doesn't improve.

That would be my team to go for next season.

khaled_a_d

With season as good as over we can start planning for the next.

Current squad as it stands:

5 Iñigo Martinez
6 Gavi
16 Fermin
17 Alonso
19 Roque
20 Roberto

As it stands, none of those are registered in 1st team squad next year.
Roberto & Alonso are free agents, re-signing them means registering their contracts in similar way of new players.
Roque and Fermin were temporarily registrations, due to injuries.
Inigo are said to have only one year registered in his contract, needs to be registered again. Not sure about Gavi but there are rumours that his registration agreement with Liga is only for this year.
Roberto and Alonso shouldn't be renewed tbh

16 Fermin

Yamal
Cubarsi
Fort
Guiu
Faye
Julian Araujo
Pablo Torre
Alex Valle

All of those are currently registered as youth team players, and iirc we can't play more than 3 of those at same time. This is a massive task to have tbh. Again not sure about Gavi status but he might be joining the list
We need to at least register 2 of Cubarsi, Fermin and Lamine again.

13 Peña

18 Romeu
Ansu
Lenglet
Dest
Eric Garcia
Pablo Torre

None of those should be in 1st team next season under any circumstances tbh.
Dest injury is a big blow to us, he was a sure sale.
Fati need a loan deal to Portugal or something, which means we will cover most of his salary.
Lenglet is another loan thing, Romeu seems to have the decency to accept leaving, Garcia should get us some sale fee, Pena might have a market in Turkish league, Torre should get us some cash or a sale for free with 50% ownership.

Technically, Chadi Riad is ours too, but Betis are going to buy him.

How would you build next season's squad?

I would be happy if we have the same squad with just Guido and Stole Dimitrievski to replace Romeu & Pena. While we get another dry loan of Cancelo and Felix. With improving the physio department as rumoured.

That is under the condition we register the rest of the squad normally.
Get J.Araujo to replace Roberto in 1st team, get Fermin, Inigo, Lamine, Cubarsi registered as first team players.

Maybe manage to sell one of Pedri/Frenkie and add a LW too, not sure who is available though.

serghei

Don't think Pedri can be sold. Those 80-100m offers exist only in the head of Barca fans. And De Jong doesn't want to leave and can't blame him tbh, his life is great in Barcelona.

Araujo is the one the club has to think a lot about keeping or selling. I'm fine with either decision, arguments for both really.

Raphinha has to be kept, since it is doubtful someone is gonna pay a sum that is much bigger than the 60m the club paid for him.

serghei

As for signings, a good defensive midfielder and a good fullback for sure. Bernardo could improve the midfield and offense by a lot if he comes. Basically the top class version of Pedri.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't think Pedri can be sold. Those 80-100m offers exist only in the head of Barca fans. And De Jong doesn't want to leave and can't blame him tbh, his life is great in Barcelona.

Araujo is the one the club has to think a lot about keeping or selling. I'm fine with either decision, arguments for both really.

Raphinha has to be kept, since it is doubtful someone is gonna pay a sum that is much bigger than the 60m the club paid for him.
Raphinha will be worth 35m on the books, so not that hard to make a profit on.

serghei

Raphinha will be worth 35m on the books, so not that hard to make a profit on.

Then even more reason a sale is not enticing. If the club signs someone like Bernardo, this could benefit players like him that make runs off the ball constantly the most.

jamrock

Sell
De jong

Buy
DM,LF

Loan
Cancelo (versatility).

A LF like thuram would have been perfect, could rotate with lewa.

serghei

Sell
De jong

Buy
DM,LF

Loan
Cancelo (versatility).

A LF like thuram would have been perfect, could rotate with lewa.

We can loan Cancelo because he is ok in La Liga vs teams that have limited firepower, but if we start him in a serious CL game against a top winger... he'll fold like a lawn-chair again.

Still, I'd prefer we pass and find a better fullback.

soul24rage

I'm just going to assume all the folks who don't have their contract ending this summer will stay and folks who have contracts ending this summer will leave.

In
De Roon (free) - 2 year contract
Dimitrievski (free)
Hermoso (free)
Fati (loan)
Julian Araujo (loan)

Out
Sergi Roberto
Marcos Alonso
Joao Felix
Joao Cancelo
Riad (Send on loan to Betis again, if possible)
Roque (Send on loan)

Squad of 24/25
GK: MATS, Dimitrievski

RB: Kounde, J. Araujo
RCB: Araujo, Hermoso
LCB: Cubarsi, Inigo
LB: Balde, Fort

CDM: Christensen, De Roon, Romeu
CM: FDJ, Gavi, Pedri
CAM: Gundogan, Fermin

RW: Yamal, Torres
CF: Lewy, Guiu
LW: Raphinha, Fati

Hopefully by summer 2025, our financial situation is better and we can do some serious investment in the squad.

draconifire

No renewals next season, even if a player's contract is expiring in 2025. We wait till 2025 as our financial situation should improve and then we can spend money wisely. Till then we should prioritise spending little to no money. We should focus on the promising youths and bring some more prospects in to develop. Buy cheap.
If there is a DM available who is good enough and is not costing a lot, we buy. And we try to off load all the bums, ie; FDJ, Araujo, Lewy, and the benchers. I know most won't want to leave but showing them you are not welcome in the club anymore should help.
I don't think we will be competing next season anyways without spending money on the squad, and we don't have that. So why not save, rebuild the youth, and wait till 2025 when we will get a new coach and have money to spend on the players that the coach wants? It's better to sacrifice for a long-term goal. Buying now doesn't guarantee the player will be suited for the next coach.

Home of Barca Fans