Barca renews Valverde's contract

FCBfan22

President Bartomeu has decided to organise a meeting on Tuesday the 28th of May to address, in depth, the crisis in which the club is immersed since the elimination against Liverpool in the Champions League.One of the main topics of the meeting will be about the club's general manager Pep Segura, whom Bartomeu continues to defend. Some people within the board want him to get sacked.Another topic that will be discussed in the meeting is the increase in voices who think Valverde should go. [sport]

And the club already denied that.

Potroh

I don't know what any other coach could do today, against Valencia.

Any other coach with imagination, inspiration, tactical and strategic knowledge would have realized that the starting 4-4-2 is a certain entry for fiasco.
But Valverde only likes that type of something, which is not even a system as such.

Valencia played a very defense-oriented 4-4-2 in the first half, hoping to counter-attack.
Against a team like that:
- you try to be as offensive as possible, regardless the missing players, so Malcom should have started.
- you try to bait their midfield out, so long balls are the only chance to create some chances.
- you should realize that mere possession leads nowhere in this situation, so speeding up the game is the solution.
- after conceding the first goal the wise coach should have IMMEDIATELY brake the 4-4-2, because the first aim should have been: to score the soonest.
- after the second conceded, Busquets should have been taken out for Vidal.
- as there were only 3 shots on target in the first half, so nothing really worked, ANY tactical change would have been better than nothing.

you have almost no choice. 4-4-2 system was his only chance today with Messi and Coutinho in the attack.

No. For this team Messi needs to come back to create something and Coutinho is anything but a real attacker.
That virtually meant to be left without any attacker.
When Coutinho often tried to cross to the right, it was a good kind of change, but it didn't work.
Roberto's role was highly undefined in the first half and he played in the possible worst space, filled with opposition defenders.

LABarcaFan

You can not forget about the price tag. Yes, he is a good player, but if you are the manager of Barca, would you pay 120 mil. for 28 y.o.? And think for a moment. You may be crazy enough to do that, but then, there will be not much money left to sign other good players. You know, that the governing board approve a certain amount for selection, each year. And the team need major rebuild this summer.

Gari

barcacentre
Barcelona will announce today that Valverde won't be coaching the team next season. Valverde will leave. This is a fact. But it may not necessarily be announced today.[rac1]
??????
The club has communicated that the decision will not be official today but that Valverde would be well on the start. (Alfredo Martinez)

Last edited:

nw1989

Neil Lennon would be great replacement. He just did the Treble with Celtic or Roy Hodgson, who has a lot of experience andwould get the best out of Coutinho.

Messigician

You have some nerve to say that after the garbage you been spewing recently. There's as reason i don't reply to you anymore. Please grant me the same courtesy.

I've been one of the few to take a balanced view point, hence the high amount of support my posts have gotten by various users not named Cule4life and George

Cule4life

The Culest
I've been one of the few to take a balanced view point, hence the high amount of support my posts have gotten by various users not named Cule4life and George

There's a difference between a balanced viewpoint and straight up BS which you have been peddling.

High amount of support? You are a joke on this forum and nobody takes you seriously except a few of your fellow Valgreen cuckboys like Havesaks.

Messigician

There's a difference between a balanced viewpoint and straight up BS which you have been peddling.

High amount of support? You are a joke on this forum and nobody takes you seriously except a few of your fellow Valgreen cuckboys like Havesaks.

From my point of view no one takes you seriously except for your delusional Valgreen club

Home of Barca Fans