Barca pre-season 2019

Total-Football

disgusting performance.. we are sutting at the back..a carbon copy of the last two years. only hope is to get neymar and let the players above valverde run things.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The defense has been wild, but the Midfield hasn't exactly been offering to much protection.

Suarez, Busi, Umtiti, and Rakitic all look like fucking corpses out there. And this is the start of the season ffs, they always get worse come spring.

Wague and Firpo need to develop a lot defensively but they definitely have the IQ/physical abilities for it.

BBZ8800

The defense has been wild, but the Midfield hasn't exactly been offering to much protection.

In buildup:
Raki is a usual Raki.
Puig is not getting deep to help in build up at all.
Two fullbacks are useless when we are pressured.

When defending:
Busi slow and caught easily.
Puig usually attacking the opponent's Gk or a Cb and not helping in a true defense in our half.
Two fullbacks were horrible in defending and leaving miles behind their back.

Two only good player was Griezmann.
And Raki and Puig with 2-3 decent forward passes.

Laplacian

If Valverde is really loved by the board, let's get Neymar and return to the old lucho days where the front players ran things through sheer individual brilliance. It's the only hope we have really.

Also, we should have gone for Rodrigo.

PhilS

Well, we won't be seeing most of this first half team after the season begins. That was the worst half of defensive fullback play I have ever seen from a Barca team. Roberto will be playing a lot of fullback again this season, on both sides. Umtitti and Busquets both look like they need about another month of pre-season. I don't even know who that was at CB alongside Umtitti, he did nothing at all in the entire half.

Barca should probably pick up a CB before the season begins. Someone who can back up both Pique and Lenglet.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Really poor performance in the first half...

Valverde aside, I think this has something to do with the fact that we are playing a bunch of players who have not played with each other often (for Firpo it is his first time playing in our shirt) so there is lack of understanding and being in sync, and it looks quite obvious that we are very rusty and lack match fitness, which is concerning me considering La Liga opener is less than 10 days away and we have just one more game left to play. Also since we just got to Miami Monday afternoon and had like what, one full training session only?

Sunny Mir

The issue that i see with busi is his pressing, which leads us into a lot of trouble. I have been looking at it since last season specially. He presses very high up even tho he is supposed to be the DM in the "system" because suarez is busy occupying the opposition CB and he can't track back for shit after 10 mins, which leads to busi doing his kamikaze pressing in turn leaving a huge whole infront of our defense which any half decent team has been exploiting since at least the start of last season.

mc_lovin

Really poor performance in the first half...

Valverde aside, I think this has something to do with the fact that we are playing a bunch of players who have not played with each other often (for Firpo it is his first time playing in our shirt) so there is lack of understanding and being in sync, and it looks quite obvious that we are very rusty and lack match fitness, which is concerning me considering La Liga opener is less than 10 days away and we have just one more game left to play. Also since we just got to Miami Monday afternoon and had like what, one full training session only?

Hopefully we see a glimpse of Valverdes plan for the season on saturday. Generally Real Madrid played a lot stronger lineups in preseason.

Kul_z

Very deserved, Napoli looks better.

Napoli should be like 3 goals ahead. They play beautiful football, something we could only dream of with retardo on the wheel. Even commentators are saying that this barca team is lacking confidence, specially in mf. I hope rakitic and busi are both gone on the halftime, because they are not holding, they are not running, they are not defending. What a fuck are they doing actually?
Umtiti is finished, i hope ev does not have some strange idea that he should start alongside pique, oh my
Firpo = shit so far
Neto= very good
Griezmann= excited
Suarez - a joke
Perez - useless
Puig - trying but terrible
Wague - last 20 minutes were worthy of a promising barca full back
Todibo - okayish, bit clumsy

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hopefully we see a glimpse of Valverdes plan for the season on saturday. Generally Real Madrid played a lot stronger lineups in preseason.

Yes he needs to give the starters Saturday a lot of time and get ready for the game against Athletic. I still think we should played a couple of more preseason games but oh well. We are simply not gelling right now.

Home of Barca Fans