Barca pre-season 2017/2018

Centauri B

How isn't there more here on Ortola?! His passing was RIDICULOUS! Haha, I don't think he misplaced even ONE pass? Even his long kicks went straight to Barca players! For all the Ter Stegen fanatics, this one half of passing was better than anything I've seen ever from MATS :lol:

Other than that, the drop in quality in the second half pretty much exemplifies what we've known all along that our squad is very poor. Still too early to judge, but I didn't see anything different with respect to shape and ideas in possession. Even in the first half, if was more Neymar and Messi's individual brilliance that got us the goals; didn't see much by way of a dynamic midfield presence. However it's early days, will wait to see more before judging the coach.

Why do you expect any improvement from our midfield when we have brought in zero new midfielders?

Arda was a negative from this match

I also don't like Denis very much

Arda has clearly been a total flop since his first few months in the team. This is long-established and I am amazed we haven't gotten rid of him. Probably nobody is willing to take on his wages.

gasgas

Why do you expect any improvement from our midfield when we have brought in zero new midfielders?

Arda has clearly been a total flop since his first few months in the team. This is long-established and I am amazed we haven't gotten rid of him. Probably nobody is willing to take on his wages.
[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] said that with improved the tactics the same midfielders we have can become worldbeaters

serghei

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] said that with improved the tactics the same midfielders we have can become worldbeaters

You're a master at taking things out of context and presenting them like standalone statements.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't get to watch the match so can someone tell me how we were tactically? Did Messi stick to the wing? Did our midfield create rather than pass to MSN ASAP?

Messi played only one half (just as everyone else) and he started in the wing but moved in centrally later as he always does. Midfield looked more compact and closer together.

Hard to make conclusions based on one half and a friendly against Italians who don't take these games seriously but we did see some positives: More pressing and no more disjointed midfield.

GoodKid

Hey guys, first time posting :wave:

A lot of positives to take from this game. Our pressing was much improved, even Messi worked hard. Our posession play looked similar to last season although there seemed to be a bigger focus on positional play and more movement, e.g. Rakitic would occupy the right Wing when messi moved more centrally or vidal would stay higher. No more empty right wing. Also, the youngsters were really good imo, especially samper impressed me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, first time posting :wave:

A lot of positives to take from this game. Our pressing was much improved, even Messi worked hard. Our posession play looked similar to last season although there seemed to be a bigger focus on positional play and more movement, e.g. Rakitic would occupy the right Wing when messi moved more centrally or vidal would stay higher. No more empty right wing. Also, the youngsters were really good imo, especially samper impressed me.

Welcome!

Agreed. We saw some positives. Who knows how much better we'll be when super-Gomes returns ;)

Zebulun

i know its been said but turan is way worse than we thought, the guy literally tackled semedo for the ball in the 2nd half lol.
if only we could get video of that moment

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How did ManUtd play in their last match? Did Mou start strong lineup or took it easier?

FC433

Or change the squad. I would prefer:

Cillessen

Vidal Marlon Mascherano Digne

Busquets
Rakitic Alena

Turan Suarez Neymar

Ortola

Semedo Pique Umtiti Alba

Samper
Roberto Iniesta

Messi Paco Suarez

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Or change the squad. I would prefer:

Cillessen

Vidal Marlon Mascherano Digne

Busquets
Rakitic Alena

Turan Suarez Neymar

Ortola

Semedo Pique Umtiti Alba

Samper
Roberto Iniesta

Messi Paco Suarez

Agreed. Valverde should mix it up a bit. See how Semedo works with Messi and let Marlon have an experienced guy beside him. Both teams look balanced.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
i know its been said but turan is way worse than we thought, the guy literally tackled semedo for the ball in the 2nd half lol.
if only we could get video of that moment
Does he still think Semedo is at Benfica? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans