Barca pre-season 2016/2017

F

Flavia

Workrate is over rated.. their players are far more talented and technically gifted than ours.. yes im being sarcastic
EPL starts next week, they are ahead in fitness. Some of our starters played their first minutes today.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Douglas. It's probably his false birthday.

False birthday of a false benchwarmer.

Take that false nines. Douglas is twice as false as you.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To hell with those fans (especially Real Madrid fans) and their schadenfreude, it is not an excuse that we are not as prepared as some other teams (especially Liverpool who played a lot more games than us in this pre-season), but we should be genuinely concerned about our defense and midfield. Some say Busquets is still in vacation mode, however personally he has been underpar for me for a great while. Arda has some nice spurts of moments offensively but defensively he is just too slow and is getting us exposed when others come to cover for his spot. Our defense just can't handle any team with a decent speed who plays on the wings, that is very worrying.

I hope this is a wake-up call for Luis Enrique and his trainers, perhaps it is time to up the training intensity to get us ready before the start of the season.

stb_1

Once again the difference between English and Spanish teams is staggering. Leicester were nowhere apart from 15-20 minutes in the second half. Even when all the B-players entered the pitch they couldn't create anything.
Well played by Barça considering it is only a preseason match. Denis was amazing and I really liked Roberto and Marlon too. Didn't understand Lucho's decision to take Marlon off in favor of Mathieu, since the latter was not that great to say the least, and Masche always plays LCB, not RCB.
Anyway, saturday should be a good game, looking forward to it.

I bet the Las Palmas would rip apart 50% of PL clubs.

No use of explaning how better La Liga is.. BPL fans will never get it, no matter how spanish teams dominate Europe.. They'll still claim PL is the best.. But at least we have something to laugh about.. :lol:

It's amazing how delusional they are.

They were saying how fantastic Leicester wereand some were actually going to bet money on their team winning the cl

u was saying?

akaranzo

Did the score line really demonstrate how poor we were today or did we just switch off after that own goal?

We were very poor... Rakitic was interviewed after the game and was asked if there were any positives to take from the match at all, and he responded with something along the lines of: ''It was a good run... but not much else'' :lol: I think that sums up our performance in this game perfectly. Liverpool were great though.

barcanuck

Pre season in England is over at least. Time to forget the heavy metal Klopp threw down on us and focus on debuting our squad at the Nou Camp.

Barcilliant

4-0 suckers ;)

Don't worry. Europa league spot 8s the best Liverpool can do. Like all Klopp sides they will run out of steam pretty soon. Fitness wise Liverpool are way ahead.
I'm not surprised by this result. In fact I predicted it. It will be a slow start to the season and Lucho is going to take some time in finding our best 11.

Pablo Escobar

I only watched a few minutes, more focused on the Olympics, but I get it, everybody looked like they couldn't give a shit, similar to Bilbao @ Supercup, in a way, it's ideal it happened now and not on Pizjuan like last year on Mames.

Kuchi

Omg..it's a preparation match..hats off to them, move on. Stop bashing, it's only pre season

Devils

I hope this is a wake-up call for Luis Enrique and his trainers, perhaps it is time to up the training intensity to get us ready before the start of the season.

I disagree with you that this should be a wake-up call.

Pre-season is just to regain fitness levels it shouldn't be about high intensity fitness or games.

Yes, Liverpool played brilliantly and yes they were playing at 20x the intensity we were playing at. But I'm not so sure that I want our players doing that...Half of Klopp's teams ends up in the hospital through the course of the actual season. And it's not hard to see why.

I trust Lucho when it comes to fitness regimens, he has kept our team in fantastic shape for two season. That's not something I would credit Klopp with.

Home of Barca Fans