Barca pre-season 2016/2017

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I see, so it is like if we bought a MLS club in the US and we Barca fans might want to see that club succeed? I get it.

Precisely. A closer example To Liverpool and the Red Sox in Barca's case, would be like wanting our basketball team and handball team, etc. to do well.

BigBarcaBoy

Ter Stegen, Bravo, Masip, Douglas, Piqué, Rakitic, Sergio, Arda, Iniesta, Suárez, Messi, Mascherano, Munir, Sergi Roberto, Aleix Vidal, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Denis, Samper, Digne, Cámara, Mujica and Alfaro.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Let's see how Estonian Klavan does vs the best players in the world. Hopefully we can see Leo scoring for Barca again today :)

I

instinct

messi v milner could be interesting

Yeah..

UwaRxV.gif

raki

I don't if it is just me or that we seem to focus our pre-seasons strictly or mostly on training and playing the pre-season games whereas many other elite European clubs spent a great deal of their time during these pre-season tours on commercial/business activities to expand their teams' fanbase, propping up their image and striking business deals.

For example, KHR/Wacker touted that Bayern's fan clubs in the US had grown from a mere 9 to 102 in 3 years and they have made three long-term deals with three American companies during this summer's tour alone, on top of 10m plus they are making from the tour. In contrast, even when we were on a prolonged overseas tour (compared to what we had this summer where we pretty much were based in Barcelona and St. George's Park in England), for example I remember our itinerary of our tour in the US last summer, we spent very little time outside training and playing. I am a bit conflicted, while I appreciate the emphasis the club places on training/grooming our form to get ready for the new season and I absolutely agree this is the most important thing to do as footballing is our bread-butter business after all; but I couldn't help thinking whether we have some missed opportunities commercially to expand our influence and bring in more deals and revenues, especially in newer markets like the US and Asia.

Your thoughts?

Because of the Euro and Copa America it´s wiser to stay in Europe. We already have 680M revenues and growing each year. We already went to the US last year.
That´s why we lost the Spanish Supercup and almost the European. We were not prepared.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We stayed in Europe this year, but we're reportedly planning a tour to Australia next Summer.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We should go to the U.S. next summer, that is where most of the money is. Australia is a much smaller market and it takes too long to get there.

Home of Barca Fans