Barca Forum Hall of Fame

Tembbi

I just can't see Sheva fit in any HoF. To me he was always "just another" world-class finisher. He hasn't contributed that much, and is already rated as highly as he should be.
I feel this thread is more about players who deserve more credit than they have received, at least by looking at the nominations.

Tembbi

Another highly unrated player is Garrincha. He was so unlucky to play at the same time with Pele. He is probably in the top 5 of all time attackers, at least to me it's clear.
Yet he was always just the guy "worse than Pele". Between 1955-1966 when he played for the Brazil national team, the team lost only ONE match Garrincha played in.

View attachment 5894

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I just can't see Sheva fit in any HoF. To me he was always "just another" world-class finisher. He hasn't contributed that much, and is already rated as highly as he should be.
I feel this thread is more about players who deserve more credit than they have received, at least by looking at the nominations.

No, this is not a charity in which we remember the efforts of those who were forgotten. It is a Hall of Fame thread, simple as. And Sheva is not just another world class finisher, really? He was a second striker as far as I am concerned, a well rounded one at that, in fact spectacular too. I think I will add him for his European number of goals.

Tembbi

No, this is not a charity in which we remember the efforts of those who were forgotten. It is a Hall of Fame thread, simple as. And Sheva is not just another world class finisher, really? He was a second striker as far as I am concerned, a well rounded one at that, in fact spectacular too. I think I will add him for his European number of goals.

Fair enough. Obviously I just fail to understand the requirements to make it in this Hall of Fame. Like what kind of contributions are we looking for?
Why aren't we mentioning the obvious ones? Pele, Maradona, Platini etc. a neverending list of players who are still topics of daily football conversations.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Mention them, it is purely discussion based. The reason I am not adding players is because I am not able to engage the forum into a discussion.

Tembbi

Ok, I got it. I would still go for Garrincha and Litmanen (if you consider him retired) though. :)

Tembbi

northern irish lol he was probably one of the ultimate footballers

Umph.. I know he's from Northern Ireland.
I meant only British (+Irish +Northern Irish) rate George as "the ultimate footballer".

So, by obviously British I meant you're probably from one of those islands. ;)

Tembbi

Crespo, Batistuta, Kahn, Maldini etc etc.

Crespo has not retired. At the moment he is without a contract though. However, perhaps the only attacker that never had to look at the goal
after getting the ball to his feet. He always found the net even if he was back towards the goal. Nevertheless, not in the Classic players yet because he will probably continue playing somewhere.
Kahn was so amazing for the last few years of his career. Amazing career. The first goalkeeper to win the Golden Ball in a World Cup.
Batigol is probably my all time favourite player. I would add him into any Hall of Fame. Viola idol. Simply amazing.
Maldini was his own class, a true leader of defense. Milan and Italy have him to thank for so many titles.

nebeer

Love is All
I wanted to nominate Batistuta as well, he would make it to any hall of fame to be honest.

Dunga: I veto his selection. I just think he didn't to enough to be on a hall of fame. There are many players like him.

Shevchenko: I veto again. He's just a world class finisher and then he could not sustain his form as well.

Paulo Maldini: A legend in his own right and will make it to my all time best eleven. So I vote a big yes for him.

Crespo: Not hall of fame material.

Kahn: I vote yes. He's one of the most iconic goalkeepers of all time.

Home of Barca Fans