Barca draws Man City

Unbiased United

cd2b4793950aee02cab6808d9592838c1f6da982a783eb71b0f4eadfe529a639.jpg

Well, if I was a Manchester City fan and was going to read some of the comments in here I was going to be sure City will win this tie too!

City, except Kompany has nothing over Barcelona in any position. They have strong and tall players??! So what??! Real Madrid had 'em too and who won the last Clasico??! They have David Silva?! And Barca have what? Sulley Muntari???!! :facepalm:

I'm not really sure if some of you guys are serious or just trolling.

You are seriously underestimating City here. They scored six against Arsenal, six against Tottenham and four against United and beat Bayern away from home. They are a dangerous team for anyone at the minute.

tough draw for both teams.

neither is a clear favourite, it really can go either way.

This.

Last edited:

Elite-BkD

You are seriously underestimating City here. They scored six against Arsenal, six against Tottenham and four against United and beat Bayern away from home. They are a dangerous team for anyone at the minute.

This.

In fairness, Bayern beat them soundly at their home stadium at a time when the match actually mattered. They're a good side, but never on Bayern's level.

ahoyhoy

We lost to Bayern but due to inexperience at this level. The perfect example of that was when we were leading at Madrid with 5 minutes to go & let the game flow when we should just have killed the game.
I think both games are going to be fantastic to watch. Can't see either game being 0-0

Ghosting

In fairness, Bayern beat them soundly at their home stadium at a time when the match actually mattered. They're a good side, but never on Bayern's level.

But then neither are we right now. Hopefully for the game we are at our best, closing down and hassling them is important they don't have the skill at the back or in midfield to keep the ball under pressure, which is what Bayern did really well. We can't let Yaya run up steam otherwise he will over power our midfield, which is why we probably can't play both Xavi and Iniesta together.

dakeb_MCFC

Believe it or not, apparently the players were oblivious to that. From both teams, everyone thought the score'd have to be 5-2 for that to happen.

Then footballers really are stupid. It's not rocket science. I can't believe they didn't know in a head to head with a level aggregate score the team with most goals scored away from home goes through. It's your basic away goals rule.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

serghei

I think we will be fine. City is no more powerful than Madrid and we beat Madrid pretty convincingly given the fact that we had the chance to make 3-0 in the end of the match. We looked sharp in the clasico and that means the team fights hard to win again in big matches. We have now what we missed last season and that is the right attitude to win.

Xavi and Iniesta have both stepped up a gear in recent matches and at moments we press really intense, like we used to. We play a lot better than last year IMO. Pedro is sharp, Alexis is a star at the moment, Nemar looks good too and Messi is Messi. Busi plays as good as he's ever played for us, Iniesta is gradually comming back to form, Dani Alves is on his way up since last season and Pique is starting to show this season why he was once called one of the best centre-backs in the world.

We're looking good physically too. Players seem to enjoy football at the moment, I'm looking confident to every game. I think we are the best team in the league, slightly ahead of Madrid and Atletico and we should expect the City tie with maximum confidence, because we are still the team everyone wants to beat. They're great, we are better, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Chainsaw

Killahead

Not really. The only team I would be afraid of to face right now is Bayern Munchen and not even that is gonna make me shitting bricks like some of the guys doing here about facing City. I never said City is shit or anything like that. I'm just saying some people are too overestimating them and at the same time too underestimating Barca.

And it's more weird reading such stuffs from the ones who call themselves Barca fans!

gazza

I think we will be fine. City is no more powerful than Madrid and we beat Madrid pretty convincingly given the fact that we had the chance to make 3-0 in the end of the match. We looked sharp in the clasico and that means the team fights hard to win again in big matches. We have now what we missed last season and that is the right attitude to win.

Xavi and Iniesta have both stepped up a gear in recent matches and at moments we press really intense, like we used to. We play a lot better than last year IMO. Pedro is sharp, Alexis is a star at the moment, Nemar looks good too and Messi is Messi. Busi plays as good as he's ever played for us, Iniesta is gradually comming back to form, Dani Alves is on his way up since last season and Pique is starting to show this season why he was once called one of the best centre-backs in the world.

We're looking good physically too. Players seem to enjoy football at the moment, I'm looking confident to every game. I think we are the best team in the league, slightly ahead of Madrid and Atletico and we should expect the City tie with maximum confidence, because we are still the team everyone wants to beat. They're great, we are better, we'll see what happens.

Excellent post and positive about our chances,i feel the same way.

suckabov

Lemon curry?

To be fair, Arsenal still managed to score 3 against them and could have scored a few more if it weren't for strange refereeing, and that with a striker who missed loads of chances and isn't half as clinical as either of our attacking players. Also, one of City's goals was a penalty. As for Bayern, they stopped caring after 2-0. City did deserve the win in both of these games but the results are much too flattering.
Their defense isn't great and while they have a scary attack, we do too, and even more so than them.

Last edited:

dakeb_MCFC

Latest from City medics is Aguero injury not as bad feared and he will be playing again January.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
City look like the best attacking side in the Premiership, for me....Still am partial to Everton's play but Manchester City can play at a level better than anyone in the league...They are not the finished product but then neither are we...They have moments where their midfield & attacking options are excellent at shredding through just about any defense...Perhaps more so than we've enjoyed thus far this season but I wouldn't say it's a better attack overall - just very lethal

It is amusing to watch them play though, they look like a La Liga side - coached & manned by a number of La Liga players, of course...In terms of the squad, I think we are better than they are at every position...I don't think they are better than us in transition or defense so possession will determine who has the advantage along with how well our CBs deal with Kun & Negredo...There's experience there in terms of how to match up against them although Bartra might be a new factor so perhaps Tata will opt with experience by using Mascherano - we'll see

I do enjoy watching Yaya play again, will be a pleasure to see him vs Busquets...I still see us as clear favorites but it will require a performance where the team is sharp & playing fast/fluid...Should be some beautiful football

serghei

City look like the best attacking side in the Premiership, for me....Still am partial to Everton's play but Manchester City can play at a level better than anyone in the league...They are not the finished product but then neither are we...They have moments where their midfield & attacking options are excellent at shredding through just about any defense...Perhaps more so than we've enjoyed thus far this season but I wouldn't say it's a better attack overall - just very lethal

It is amusing to watch them play though, they look like a La Liga side - coached & manned by a number of La Liga players, of course...In terms of the squad, I think we are better than they are at every position...I don't think they are better than us in transition or defense so possession will determine who has the advantage along with how well our CBs deal with Kun & Negredo...There's experience there in terms of how to match up against them although Bartra might be a new factor so perhaps Tata will opt with experience by using Mascherano - we'll see

I do enjoy watching Yaya play again, will be a pleasure to see him vs Busquets...I still see us as clear favorites but it will require a performance where the team is sharp & playing fast/fluid...Should be some beautiful football

Excellent analysis and I would add that the City tie will be one that will allow us to draw some conclusions, the main one being whether we're desperate to become the best in the world again or we need a breath of fresh air in the squad. Right now, we have Neymar, that has brought something new so far, and Alexis, who is not new to our team, but, by some miracle, looks rejuvenated to a degree that he almost seems like a different player. There are some signs which suggest a new high will possibly arrive sometimes soon. And let's not forget that Messi is set to come back with restored strenght and ready to get back to what he does best: scoring goal after goal.

Last edited:

PacoBJuarez

Great post, I just wanted to make one comment: we are not better than they are at EVERY position. Kompany is by far the best central defender of the two squads. The rest I pretty much agree with.

Home of Barca Fans