Barca draws Man City

i_bleed_blaugrana

The tie I wanted personally.

I think City are the perfect team for us in the 16s: challenging enough to force us to raise our game but very beatable.

They struggled against Bayern without the ball and that was only 60-40. If we can hit 70s, game over. They aren't nearly solid enough to shut us out for 120 mins and since they are more offensive, they won't like chasing the ball which is what they are gonna do.

Would really like a more defensive MF in the away clash though. As long as we can score and either win, tie or only lose by 1 with an away goal, we are through. We just gotta sit deeper, keep the ball and limit the service to Navas and Aguero.

I'd play:

VV
Alves-Bartra-Pique-Alba
Busi-Masch-Xavi
Alexis-Messi-Neymar.

I'll say a 2-2 draw for the first leg followed by a thumping at home.

I like this draw, should be a fun match to watch and as long as we play to our potential and have everyone 100% match fit, I don't see us losing this one.

tello

I think we should approach the away leg like Pep used to do. Xavi or Cesc as the most offensive midfielder and Iniesta in attack with Messi and one of Neymar/Alexis/Pedro. Try to control the ball at all times without attacking too much (and leaving space for City). I fear we'll get overrun if we show up with Busi, Xavi and Iniesta in midfield without being able to create much ourselves anyway.

+1

The tie I wanted personally.

I think City are the perfect team for us in the 16s: challenging enough to force us to raise our game but very beatable.

They struggled against Bayern without the ball and that was only 60-40. If we can hit 70s, game over. They aren't nearly solid enough to shut us out for 120 mins and since they are more offensive, they won't like chasing the ball which is what they are gonna do.

Would really like a more defensive MF in the away clash though. As long as we can score and either win, tie or only lose by 1 with an away goal, we are through. We just gotta sit deeper, keep the ball and limit the service to Navas and Aguero.

I'd play:

VV
Alves-Bartra-Pique-Alba
Busi-Masch-Xavi
Alexis-Messi-Neymar.

I'll say a 2-2 draw for the first leg followed by a thumping at home.

I like this draw, should be a fun match to watch and as long as we play to our potential and have everyone 100% match fit, I don't see us losing this one.

I like the lineup. Though Iniesta or Cesc instead of Xavi might be better.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
The height Man City have scares me, we seriously need to avoid corners and dangerous set pieces at all costs. I am confident if we start the away leg well we can draw or perhaps even get a 1 goal win at finish it off and Camp Nou. Also they have Pellegrini and he obviously knows us very well, he definitely has one over Tata in this contest.

F

Flavia

Of course Barta was not the only one playing and that he improved quite a lot but that is still not enough IMO agains such big strong sides like City. Puyi's god more physical power and tons of experience and authority in the squad.

Currently Puyol is sadly a shadow of himself. If he gets back to his best, maybe. But taking his last game into account, I would not play him against city.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
This is such a bad draw for Barcelona, Man City are such a threat going forward, and the midfield of City will simply overpower Barcelona's. They just put 6 goals past Arsenal (the premier leagues best defence) it's at this point in the season Barca are wishing they had a defender, On the plus side Aguero is out for 6 weeks and City do let goals in,

We don't face them until February, we could buy a center back in January.

Alik

Losing isn't an option for us. Can you imagine Barca out at this stage of the competition? It would be a disgrace!

Howes

Bartra still hasn't come through in a big game, hasn't even been tryed in a big game sines Bayern. Masha is so small and Man City are so tall :( they'll score at least once from a set piece

Jaguar

Flair Trait
tricky, but cant wait to see it.

first leg is gonna be tough, need to grab an away goal or two for sure.

I'm hoping for a similar start to the one we had against Arsenal 2009/10 season, Arsenal were so overwhelmed. Real Madrid absolutely outclassed City last season, we could do the same if we start strongly.

Djab

I'm hoping for a similar start to the one we had against Arsenal 2009/10 season, Arsenal were so overwhelmed. Real Madrid absolutely outclassed City last season, we could do the same if we start strongly.
They are just so much stronger than last season!

Tomchin

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Song - Busquets combo in midfield in the away-game. We definitely need some strength in midfield to handle the likes of Toure and co.

Home of Barca Fans