Barca 5-0 Madrid 11/29/2010 best goal?

nebeer

Love is All
Xavi's goal and Villa's 2nd goal are jointly best for me. Xavi's reaction and touch were sublime and in the other goal, Messi's pass was just orgasmic - followed by lethal finishing from Villa.

dalitis8

Banned
Iniesta had the best touches for the night.

Messi's second assist was sublime.

Villa's execution for the third goal was amazing.

Xavi all around brilliance.

Pedro awesome drive and stamina.Ditto Alves.

Busquets is ever improving.

Puyol as a rock at the back.

J

Jordzibob

You say Busquets is ever improving like he's missing something from his game........

dalitis8

Banned
So yes, even though I tend to lose my stream of thought when contemplating last night's performance, the third goal was prolly the best as execution.The fourth was best at its creation.

You say Busquets is ever improving like he's missing something from his game........

He is missing some strength for a DM.

J

Jordzibob

Yeh but that's his game, he's not a big powerhouse like Essien or Cambiasso who rules with an iron fist, that's Masch's job. Busquets is the quiet, subtle, behind the scenes working action hero.

Action figures should be released

dalitis8

Banned
But we only use either Masch or Biscuits. So I always am weary of that lack of steel in our midfield.

That said,Biscuits is infinitely superior technically to any Cambiasso or Essien...

J

Jordzibob

Technically he is, I'd put him as the second best DM in the world atm, Essien first, Busquets second, Cambiasso third.

BerkeleyBernie

I personally liked Xavi's goal the best :D....masterful pass from Iniesta and then the maestro with the god like over head flick....finished with another brilliant flick over "spains number one goalkeeper" Saint Iker!
So as I was typing this I watched the goal again...and im not sure if it was a deflection off Marcelo or a Xavi flick or a little combo of both...but either way Xavi's masterful control of the ball was just "orgasmic" as Ray hudson would say lol. The finish...brilliant. I lost my voice from that first goal alone...by the end of the game I could have sworn my throat was bleeding...hmm...

My favorite was also Xavi's, though it wasn't the best executed (which were the Villa goals- excellent off ball runs by Villa, perfectly weighted passes from Messi, and sharp finishes). And for my money, the best Barca goals in the last few weeks were from other games- the Messi-Pedro gem from the Villareal game, and the 3rd and 5th goals against Panathinaikos.

I actually went back and watched the Xavi goal in super slo-mo HD to figure out what happened. Here is my breakdown:

1. Xavi makes his sprint, long stride, looking over his left shoulder.
2. Iniesta releases the pass. Its trajectory is slightly behind Xavi.
3. Xavi shortens his stride and extends his right leg back to receive the ball.
4. Marcelo dives in and deflects the pass, slightly up and angled slightly more towards the goal than before.
5. The ball hits Xavi in the butt instead of on his outstretched leg.
6. Knowing the ball has hit him and not seeing it on his left side where he is looking, Xavi looks over his right shoulder and immediately spots the ball.
7. He puts on the brakes and aligns his body so the ball lands on his right foot for a soft volley.

If anything was lucky. it's that Iniesta was slightly off target, which allowed Marcelo to get the deflection. Had Iniesta put the ball on Xavi, Casillas would have had a much better go at blocking a more predictable direct shot (though given Iker's poor performance, he might not have done any better).

A shout-out to my fellow San Francisco Bay Area Barca fans. Anyone looking for a (way-over-30) Xavi-styled midfielder?

My latest Photoshop effort below. :)

What-Would-Xavi-Do.jpg

gingerless

My favorite was also Xavi's, though it wasn't the best executed (which were the Villa goals- excellent off ball runs by Villa, perfectly weighted passes from Messi, and sharp finishes). And for my money, the best Barca goals in the last few weeks were from other games- the Messi-Pedro gem from the Villareal game, and the 3rd and 5th goals against Panathinaikos.

I actually went back and watched the Xavi goal in super slo-mo HD to figure out what happened. Here is my breakdown:

1. Xavi makes his sprint, long stride, looking over his left shoulder.
2. Iniesta releases the pass. Its trajectory is slightly behind Xavi.
3. Xavi shortens his stride and extends his right leg back to receive the ball.
4. Marcelo dives in and deflects the pass, slightly up and angled slightly more towards the goal than before.
5. The ball hits Xavi in the butt instead of on his outstretched leg.
6. Knowing the ball has hit him and not seeing it on his left side where he is looking, Xavi looks over his right shoulder and immediately spots the ball.
7. He puts on the brakes and aligns his body so the ball lands on his right foot for a soft volley.

If anything was lucky. it's that Iniesta was slightly off target, which allowed Marcelo to get the deflection. Had Iniesta put the ball on Xavi, Casillas would have had a much better go at blocking a more predictable direct shot (though given Iker's poor performance, he might not have done any better).

A shout-out to my fellow San Francisco Bay Area Barca fans. Anyone looking for a (way-over-30) Xavi-styled midfielder?

My latest Photoshop effort below. :)

thanks for the analysis, interesting

nice photoshop btw

J

Jordzibob

I loved the spin aswell after he finished the ball (Xavi that is), it was like chip, turn, yeeeeeeeeh!

J

Jordzibob

Off topic, but what's wrong with Crash Bandicoot? The games were god damn awesome, I miss them.

Home of Barca Fans