Ballon d'Or 2014

Doobs

The Messiah
Victor Valdes was sweeper keeper before it was cool. Neuer wont win anyway. Question is will Ronaldo still win after last year after he had Platini basically apologize to him by giving him the award.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Victor Valdes was sweeper keeper before it was cool.

That again. #facepalm
Yashin was a sweeper keeper before Valdes was even born.

Yet none of them did it to that level of perfection as Neuer does it, let alone put all aspects of goalkeeping together to such adeptness as Neuer.

Doobs

The Messiah
LOL thats besides the point. The point is he's doing nothing out of the ordinary or something never done before. Yes, he's doing it at a high level, and is by far the best goalkeeper in the world. All that doesn't warrant a ballon d'or IMO. I mean he couldn't even keep a clean sheet in the most one sided wc semi final ever. And as far as winning titles goes, there have been others who have been there done that.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

He won't win anyways. So what's the point? He does deserve to be up there as one of the last 3 however.

nnao

LOL thats besides the point. The point is he's doing nothing out of the ordinary or something never done before. Yes, he's doing it at a high level, and is by far the best goalkeeper in the world. All that doesn't warrant a ballon d'or IMO. I mean he couldn't even keep a clean sheet in the most one sided wc semi final ever. And as far as winning titles goes, there have been others who have been there done that.

That's besides the point too. Playing wise what is Ronaldo doing that's out of the ordinary? Or Messi right now?

Doing things at a high-level is the very point. That's what makes a player good: playing at a high level, being the best. Being consistent makes a player great.

By your logic, I could say: Ronaldo doesn't play very differently than other players before him. So what if he's by far the best LW in the world right now? That doesn't warrant a Ballon d'Or. Who cares if he won the CL? Other players have won it before.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

That's besides the point too. Playing wise what is Ronaldo doing that's out of the ordinary? Or Messi right now?

Doing things at a high-level is the very point. That's what makes a player good: playing at a high level, being the best. Being consistent makes a player great.

By your logic, I could say: Ronaldo doesn't play very differently than other players before him. So what if he's by far the best LW in the world right now? That doesn't warrant a Ballon d'Or. Who cares if he won the CL? Other players have won it before.

You sir, are a scholar, however you will find little appreciation here ;)

F

Flavia

Ribery sounds more bitter over the ballon dor than Ronaldo ever has been in the past.

He has all the right to be. The reopening of votes to make cr win was a scandal, pure corruption.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I hope Neuer wins it just to see CR's expression after all the campaigning from RM

L

linetty

This shit have lost any credibility. I don't even care anymore.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I hope Neuer wins it just to see CR's expression after all the campaigning from RM
That would be rather funny actually, I'd have no beef with Neuer winning it tbh, but it'll probably be Ronaldo. If anything, Neuer winning it would be good for the award itself, splitting up the duopoly of the Ballon d'snore and bringing back a little bit of value, at least. That would be fitting for 2014, no? Simeone breaking up the La Liga duopoly as well as making the CL final with former serial failures, Atletico, then winning the coach award, and Neuer doing the same for the player award.

After thinking about that, I now campaign for Simeone and Neuer to win. :D

R

Ryu Hayabusa

That would be rather funny actually, I'd have no beef with Neuer winning it tbh, but it'll probably be Ronaldo. If anything, Neuer winning it would be good for the award itself, splitting up the duopoly of the Ballon d'snore and bringing back a little bit of value, at least. That would be fitting for 2014, no? Simeone breaking up the La Liga duopoly as well as making the CL final with former serial failures, Atletico, then winning the coach award, and Neuer doing the same for the player award.

After thinking about that, I now campaign for Simeone and Neuer to win. :D

hear, hear. ;)

Alik

Those hoping Neuer to win are basically admitting that Messi shouldn't/will not win.

Home of Barca Fans