Aymeric Laporte

ini4ever

How did they do after he left? He squeezed everything from those players and they still love him years after he left. Pretty sure more than players pined for pep.
He was a fantastic manager, probably the best out there, so there is no doubt in my mind Barca would have been successful under him too.

Again, more than happy we picked Pep but Mourinho's record speaks for itself.

Oh, and I would not welcome Barca being owned by some sugardaddy, least of all from those gulf states. Being a fan owned club is one of the big reasons I love this club.

Barca and some Bayern players would still praise Pep and love him although, no one is perfect if Pep is not as good as Mou to get all players' respect that's okay.
Im not arguing that sure, we would've been successful under Mou too but Pep made the history that's much different.
I wouldn't either, that's one of my reasons too. But club still can have money and be able to compete with City/PSG clubs while being owned by fans.

Martindn

Only £500m in 19 months, not including signing on fee's, agent fees, wages (plus high bonuses that city uses to dodge ffp) which will be almost as high as the transfer fees over the length of the contract as its multiple players. Showing his talent pretty early on is old bald pep.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If he compared Barca and City spending then he is out of his depth as our +/- balance is -90mil. and theirs -220mil. And we didn't enter this craziness by plan as PSG paid the release clausez broke the market and forced us to pay over the odds for replacement.

For the record, I do think it was Barca on his mind and not PSG as they are pretty much of the same sort and often targets of those spending questions.

Sorin

That 200 million youth training facility is such a conveyor belt of talents. I'm stunned!

The nerve of him to even say that City can't afford to spend 100 million on players. What a hypocrite!

Devils

City's spending is simply insane.

Barca's spending this past year isn't the new norm for the club, it was done because of the Neymar sale.

BBC are now reporting they are close to signing Mahrez for 55m.

It's become a joke. Ain't no one going to compete with that sort of financial power and leverage.

Martindn

Pep is just doing what he always has been doing, he has spent a lot at even Barca and Bayern yet Mourinho gets called the chequebook manager, got free reign at shitty.

The money spent isn't really the problem anyway its where it comes from. Most clubs have to spend within there means all around the world. Even United cant keep up with that which says it all how do you compete with a gulf backed club that can just sign a world record sponsorship deal with an in house sponsor.

ASordidGod

All good managers spend. Personally I love Pep, if only for the type of football he promotes, and will forever be grateful for what he did here. People say it's just about the players but obviously it was far more than that. Put Mourinho in charge, maybe we would have won a similar amount of trophies. Maybe. But not in the same, wonderful, revolutionising way. Genuinely surprised at the ingratitude Pep gets on here. So he left. So manages a club and prioritises them now. Doesn't undo everything good he did here.

JamDav1982

All good managers spend. Personally I love Pep, if only for the type of football he promotes, and will forever be grateful for what he did here. People say it's just about the players but obviously it was far more than that. Put Mourinho in charge, maybe we would have won a similar amount of trophies. Maybe. But not in the same, wonderful, revolutionising way. Genuinely surprised at the ingratitude Pep gets on here. So he left. So manages a club and prioritises them now. Doesn't undo everything good he did here.

Who is arguing about his time at the club?

Pep is a prick simple as that and he shows it time and again.

Can point that out and it doesnt have anything to do with him as manager of Barca and that time being looked on any differently.

Sorin

Pep is just doing what he always has been doing, he has spent a lot at even Barca and Bayern yet Mourinho gets called the chequebook manager, got free reign at shitty.

The money spent isn't really the problem anyway its where it comes from. Most clubs have to spend within there means all around the world. Even United cant keep up with that which says it all how do you compete with a gulf backed club that can just sign a world record sponsorship deal with an in house sponsor.

Mourinho is a checkbook manager. Stop being so offended that your manager is called that because it's the truth. He also spent loads at United, Real, Inter, Chelsea. Chelsea were crushing everything when the transfer window came, at the time. Would have liked to see your reactions to your current manager around 2006 or so.

Givenchy

Pep is not a chequebook manager :facepalm: ANY manager at City right now, including Mourinho, would be doing the exact same thing. UEFA decided to be pussies with PSG and FFP so its no suprise the other state backed club are blowing their load now. i guess all we can hope for is FFP 2.0 putting a stop to this shit.

JamDav1982

Pep is not a chequebook manager :facepalm: ANY manager at City right now, including Mourinho, would be doing the exact same thing. UEFA decided to be pussies with PSG and FFP so its no suprise the other state backed club are blowing their load now. i guess all we can hope for is FFP 2.0 putting a stop to this shit.

How have UEFA been 'pussies'?

Home of Barca Fans