Aymeric Laporte

L

linetty

I thought he was solid and trust me hummels isn't super either, subotic makes him look good. Heard he costed 36 mil though? everyone has their own opinion and that's okay.
You clearly don't follow Dortmund. He's been almost great troughout the whole season & he's been partnering Papastatopulous, not Subotic.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I like Hummels, but he is slow. And we already have Pique. Laporte would be a much better fit.

I think that's a wrong argument. You assume that because Hummels is comfortable on the ball he is a German Pique. He is actually very good positionally, in the air and has leadership skills. We can get him for around 30 million.

Also he ain't that slow. He has average speed for a CB, if the back four and Busquets maintain their positions and the others press properly then counters are avoided.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Coming from the guy who said that Amorebieta would be a good addition to the squad.

Mr. Word Twister returns. Tell me again how saying that getting a tall guy on a free transfer could give depth is worth noting? I didn't even care enough to pursue that suggestion, yet you figure that it's important enough to remember for well over a year now. Dat strain :xavi:

Zebulun

You clearly don't follow Dortmund. He's been almost great troughout the whole season & he's been partnering Papastatopulous, not Subotic.

This season naw. I watched all their big CL games last season and I didn't find him anything special.

F

Flavia

I think that's a wrong argument. You assume that because Hummels is comfortable on the ball he is a German Pique. He is actually very good positionally, in the air and has leadership skills. We can get him for around 30 million.

Also he ain't that slow. He has average speed for a CB, if the back four and Busquets maintain their positions and the others press properly then counters are avoided.

Too many if's. I'd rather have a fast CB to partner Pique/Bartra.

JamDav1982

Mr. Word Twister returns. Tell me again how saying that getting a tall guy on a free transfer could give depth is worth noting? I didn't even care enough to pursue that suggestion, yet you figure that it's important enough to remember for well over a year now. Dat strain :xavi:

The price is irrelevant really, you dont sign a player that is not good enough just because he is free!

Ignore his fee and the simple question is - 'is Amorebieta good enough for Barca?'

You thought so. unbelievable.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Too many if's. I'd rather have a fast CB to partner Pique/Bartra.

That sounds nice but I think the main thing in stopping counters is good pressing and positioning. Even with Javier we have done this. Javier actually has good qualities (good on the ball, leadership, aggression) but he lacks height and positioning, which is why we are schooled when it comes to crosses. Having Hummels gets rid of this.

We don't need a fast CB. If it comes to a situation where we need a fast CB to sprint back on a counter and make a last ditch effort we're probably already fucked and will concede. You stop the problem before it comes to that stage with pressing and positioning. So no a fast CB is not needed.

BTW Laporte fits the bill too but Hummels is cheaper and more proven. He also better on the ball and is a leader which our defence lacks. Also you have the idea that Laporte is fast. I don't know where that comes from, Hummels is probably quicker.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The price is irrelevant really, you dont sign a player that is not good enough just because he is free!

Ignore his fee and the simple question is - 'is Amorebieta good enough for Barca?'

You thought so. unbelievable.

Man you are so strung up, get a hobby or something :lol:

You act like I begged for us to spend 80 mil on Amorebieta to make him lead starter at Barcelona.

This was a year ago, when our defense was more of a disaster than it is now, when we had no indication of ANY effort for a World Class defensive transfer being made (other than Silva). Pique and Masch were starters, Tito was our coach, Puyol crippled, and Bartra never played. That amounted to 2 semi-dependable CB's, one almost in a wheelchair, and one who spent more time in the stands than the bench even.

So excuse me for not giving extreme significance to a statement that reads as "Hey, this player wins 3 aerial duels per game, he's free and we have no depth anyway, what do we have to lose?" It was a half-assed statement in a time of desperation, little to no meaning behind it, and not even something I cared about pursuing.

You really do need to learn to let go of some things that don't matter. So tightly wound :lol:

Home of Barca Fans