Aurelien Tchouameni

El Gato

Villarato!
It's really not difficult
If the Qatari did right thing policing it, it wouldn't happen

I get it people would like some measure of justice by mentioning west does send rich cunts to build and make a buck. Which it does.
But it is quite an odd way of wanting to force symmetry of blame into it (or even more ridiculously shirk blame altogether like Jair tries for some reason) when it's the Qatari who control what is done and how it's done

El Gato

Villarato!
Can't speak to how the Middle Eastern folk see this, but I would say one thing, while trying to sound the least pretentious I can - I do always hope there is some good that comes from any involvement of the west over there, even if much of the time far too many liberties are taken. Autocracies dont really give a fuck about things like this, but 10-20 years ago it'd be impossible to have a female presenter out there in Jeddah during F1 race for instance. Or have female WWE wrestlers out there in front of live audience. Naive of me but would hope exposure to tech and involvement of the west at the social level I always saw as a small measure of good in those parts of the world. Hardly a reason to hold Europe as the hallmark of civilization considering most of it still gets confused at the sight of any non-white person on the street, but I like to think cooperating is better than resorting to the old ways where both sides tell one another to fuck themselves and mind their own business.

Jair Ventura

It's really not difficult
If the Qatari did right thing policing it, it wouldn't happen

I get it people would like some measure of justice by mentioning west does send rich cunts to build and make a buck. Which it does.
But it is quite an odd way of wanting to force symmetry of blame into it (or even more ridiculously shirk blame altogether like Jair tries for some reason) when it's the Qatari who control what is done and how it's done

You have me mistaken. I can comfortably acknowledge the human rights abuses in Qatar because unlike you, I don?t need to sensationalize the problem to justify my biases. Qatar is a developing country that needs stronger regulations and stricter oversight where it concerns migrant workers and labor exploitation, but that doesn?t make them the U.S.A., Britain, or Spain.

If you and others were truly concerned with human rights, the fervor of your disdain would extend to your own countries. But it doesn?t, for reasons that are all too obvious. The labor exploitation in Qatar is merely the tree that shadows your prejudice.

Jair Ventura

Can't speak to how the Middle Eastern folk see this, but I would say one thing, while trying to sound the least pretentious I can - I do always hope there is some good that comes from any involvement of the west over there, even if much of the time far too many liberties are taken. Autocracies dont really give a fuck about things like this, but 10-20 years ago it'd be impossible to have a female presenter out there in Jeddah during F1 race for instance. Or have female WWE wrestlers out there in front of live audience. Naive of me but would hope exposure to tech and involvement of the west at the social level I always saw as a small measure of good in those parts of the world. Hardly a reason to hold Europe as the hallmark of civilization considering most of it still gets confused at the sight of any non-white person on the street, but I like to think cooperating is better than resorting to the old ways where both sides tell one another to fuck themselves and mind their own business.

I think it?s difficult for you to understand just how pretentious you sound:

Israeli forces have shot dead Al Jazeera?s journalist Shireen Abu Akleh in the occupied West Bank, according to witnesses and the Palestinian health ministry.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/11/shireen-abu-akleh-israeli-forces-kill-al-jazeera-journalist

As Israel and the Palestinians wrangle As Israel and the Palestinians wrangle over the investigation into the killing of Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, several independent groups have launched their own probes. One open-source research team said its initial findings lent support to Palestinian witnesses who said she was killed by Israeli fire.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/16/1099...nts-to-israeli-gunfire-in-death-of-journalist

I truly do not understand why any of you presume to stand upon some moral or ethical high ground. I wish we could keep football football, but some of you cannot help yourselves from insulting PSG and it?s supporters because of the clubs owners. As if all you?ve ever spread about the globe were peace and happiness.

El Gato

Villarato!
Lovely way to say nothing
Came into a thread, missed the point, made a pointless political statement trying to shift blame and still prove can't read other people's positions. Fantastic.
Nobody sensationalized anything. Only in your head mate

How would you like me to criticise USA, Britain or Spain with respect to modern-day slavery adjacent to the case of Qatar?

Bringing up Israel now as if there's one person on this forum who isn't critical of their actions :lol:

Im oot on this one
Jair truly an intellectual marvel

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

Lovely way to say nothing
Came into a thread, missed the point, made a pointless political statement trying to shift blame and still prove can't read other people's positions. Fantastic.
Nobody sensationalized anything. Only in your head mate

How would you like me to criticise USA, Britain or Spain with respect to modern-day slavery adjacent to the case of Qatar?

Bringing up Israel now as if there's one person on this forum who isn't critical of their actions :lol:

Im oot on this one
Jair truly an intellectual marvel

You’re doing a whole lot of dancing. I imagine it’d be easier to stop throwing stones. You know what they say about glass houses.

Total-Football

The west has nothing to teach to anyone buddy. Western values produced two world worlds Killing hundreds of millions of people and on the verge of doing it a third time. That's one teacher I wouldn't want for my society and I'm not even a middle easterner. Backwardness is highly subjective. To me the person living in the desert in peace with his fellow humans is less backward than persons who have hundreds of millions of deaths on their body count.

Barcilliant

The west has nothing to teach to anyone buddy. Western values produced two world worlds Killing hundreds of millions of people and on the verge of doing it a third time. That's one teacher I wouldn't want for my society and I'm not even a middle easterner. Backwardness is highly subjective. To me the person living in the desert in peace with his fellow humans is less backward than persons who have hundreds of millions of deaths on their body count.

Not a fan of Qatar but well said.

Barcilliant

If we look at say Britain for example since they invented football and are considered the epitome of the West. The **** and pillage of India by the British would overshadow anything done by anyone,anywhere. In terms of just famines engineered by the British we are talking thirty five million people dead. Women would prostitute themselves for food for their kids. Canabilism was rife because of no food. The British colonization was the worst ever in global history. There are estimates of 500-1 billion Indians dying due to British rule. The Indian holocaust is always overlooked by Europeans and even justified. In today's money the British stole 45 trillion pounds of wealth from India. Think about it.

iniestaGOAT

If we look at say Britain for example since they invented football and are considered the epitome of the West. The **** and pillage of India by the British would overshadow anything done by anyone,anywhere. In terms of just famines engineered by the British we are talking thirty five million people dead. Women would prostitute themselves for food for their kids. Canabilism was rife because of no food. The British colonization was the worst ever in global history. There are estimates of 500-1 billion Indians dying due to British rule. The Indian holocaust is always overlooked by Europeans and even justified. In today's money the British stole 45 trillion pounds of wealth from India. Think about it.

Come on man nobody believes that 45 trillion bullshit. Thats a number that person pulled out of his ass.
The british colony was bad in terms of death, but so was the mughals and the mongols.

Another crap post from the professional shit poster.

Ustari

Mou, res!

Imagine how much wealth the British got from the whole Commonwealth countries?

El Gato

Villarato!

Nobody said they didn't. Backwardness isn't unique to any culture. Like I said, history isn't kind to the west. But present day? Either way nobody is going to endorse putting the west in position of a teacher without acknowledging the past problems. Don't need to bit the wrong end of that stick.

shockey80

Everywhere is bad…some places just have more money than other places. The end.

So, tchou tchou, huh! Good player!

Home of Barca Fans