Atletico de Madrid

JamDav1982

No idea if stats back this up at all but Spanish and Brazilian keepers seem to save loads of penalties compared to other nationalities.

vlad

so strong that atletico side is, cant see anyone in CL that can knock them out in 2 matches, in la liga it will be also though till the end

JamDav1982

so strong that atletico side is, cant see anyone in CL that can knock them out in 2 matches, in la liga it will be also though till the end

Bayern missed a load of chances against them the other night. I dont think Atletico will get past QF in CL.

Didnt think they were all that impressive v Barca either.

serghei

Bayern missed a load of chances against them the other night. I dont think Atletico will get past QF in CL.

Maybe this is also down to Atletico. A lot of teams miss more than usually against them also because they frustrate opponents and make them lose their focus. You spend so much time trying to get in front of their goal, that once you do get there, you're not as sharp as against other teams. They drain their opponents into making mistakes of all sorts, and poor finishing might be one of them. As a striker, you almost always shoot in a hurry when you play vs Atletico, because the markers are so close to you, ready to dispossess you if you take a long time before shooting. Less time to make a decision leads to more mistakes, which then leads more wasted chances and, naturally, less goals in your favour.

It is my belief that if a thing happens often against a certain team, then maybe they do something to favorize this situation, and it's not down to just pure coincidence.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

If Bayern missed a lot of chances, Atletico missed two times more. Really, Atleti should have trashed them at least 3-0, or are you talking about last season?

Bardh

Wanted to see their game against Bayern but Barca was playing at the same time. How did they do? I find their ultradefensive approach (at least against Barca) repulsive. It's unfitting for a team that wants to win La Liga/CL. They have found a system that works. They'll be up there at the end of the season.

gasgas

What match did you watch JamDav?
On screen where i was they were showing this match and the Arsenal match
And i saw Atletico dominate chances,and if it wasnt for Torres' profligacy they would have won by a lot more

I only remember one Bayern chance, by Muller

gasgas

Wanted to see their game against Bayern but Barca was playing at the same time. How did they do? I find their ultradefensive approach (at least against Barca) repulsive. It's unfitting for a team that wants to win La Liga/CL. They have found a system that works. They'll be up there at the end of the season.

They were not even that defensive
They had a good time in the final third

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Man I think that all of those who find their approach "ultradefensive" don't even watch their matches. They play like that only vs Barca(also last season's Pep's Bayern), they are not afraid to press Madrid home and away, for instance. They actually dominate almost all teams at home and play some really fluid short-passing football.

Bardh

Man I think that all of those who find their approach "ultradefensive" don't even watch their matches. They play like that only vs Barca(also last season's Pep's Bayern), they are not afraid to press Madrid home and away, for instance. They actually dominate almost all teams at home and play some really fluid short-passing football.

Sorry I should have qualified, I meant against Barca. They almost always play like that against us. It's annoying coming from a team that aspires to win La Liga and CL.

Home of Barca Fans