Atletico de Madrid

Xtroverto

Koke is closing in on 600 games for Atlético de Madrid, he will be the first player in the clubs history to achieve this landmark and only the 18th player in Spanish football history. Atletico will also be the 7th club in Spain with a player reaching 600 games, so far only Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Deportivo La Coruña, Sevilla FC, Athletic Club and Sporting de Gijón has players with 600 or more games for the club.

Most games played for a single club i Spain

The 700 club

778 Lionel Messi FC Barcelona
767 Xavi Hernandez FC Barcelona
741 Raul Gonzalez Real Madrid
725 Iker Casillas Real Madrid
722 Sergio Burquets FC Barcelona
710 Manolo Sanchis Real Madrid
700 Fran Deportivo la Coruña

The 600 club

683 Jesús Navas Sevilla FC
674 Andres Iniesta FC Barcelona
671 Sergio Ramos Real Madrid
648 Karim Benzema Real Madrid
646 Joaquín Alonso Sporting de Gijon
645 Santillana Real Madrid
631 Koke Atletico Madrid
616 Gerard Pique FC Barcelona
614 Iribar Atletic Club
602 Hierro Real Madrid
600 Gento Real Madrid

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Club of imbeciles.

They are out there playing as if they up against Pep's Barca or something, could hardly even get out of their own half, when much smaller sides at least pose a challenge to Barca, and sometimes even wins.
Difference between them and Girona is Girona are composed. Atletico have fear of Barca for some reason under Xavi.

Xtroverto

Pathetico will always be Pathetico

There is no remedy for this club unless they kick Simeone out
so let me get this right, you want Atletico to get rid of their best manger in the clubs history, the one who has seen the club go from a bad joke that could not even finish in the top 3, 3 years in a row at any point in 50 years before he took over the club. Simeone has in his 12 years at the club managed to finish inside the top 3 in la liga 11 consecutive season in a row now, this with the same club that went 15 consecutive season outside of the top 3 in la liga before he took over. This is the same club that in the 30 years before Simeone took over only managed 6 top 3 finishes and also managed relegation and 2 years in the second division.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Atletico's issue isn't Simeone, but their poor recruitement. They need to sign better defenders first and foremost.

You're not getting far having Gabriel Paulista and Hermoso start for you.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Idk maybe, probably? I think Simeone's actually done well to reinvent himself somewhat. I think if they manage to successfully rebuild their backline, and CBs in particular, they can legitimately challenge for the title even with Morata as their starter.

The man has his deadly flaws though, with the deadliest of them being his long-time obsession with Stefan Savic that absolute fucking bum.

Birdy

so let me get this right, you want Atletico to get rid of their best manger in the clubs history, the one who has seen the club go from a bad joke that could not even finish in the top 3, 3 years in a row at any point in 50 years before he took over the club. Simeone has in his 12 years at the club managed to finish inside the top 3 in la liga 11 consecutive season in a row now, this with the same club that went 15 consecutive season outside of the top 3 in la liga before he took over. This is the same club that in the 30 years before Simeone took over only managed 6 top 3 finishes and also managed relegation and 2 years in the second division.

No one denies the totemic status he has for Pathetico and their fans. The board has only to thank him for establishing that club as part of the elite.

But, as it often happens, it has become a self-trap.
They can't sack him because of this status, but football has surpassed him, and there are promising coaches out there that might be able to align the football with the demands of the time
They will always be trapped until he himself decides to go

Xtroverto

No one denies the totemic status he has for Pathetico and their fans. The board has only to thank him for establishing that club as part of the elite.

But, as it often happens, it has become a self-trap.
They can't sack him because of this status, but football has surpassed him, and there are promising coaches out there that might be able to align the football with the demands of the time
They will always be trapped until he himself decides to go
Or they can spend the next 20 years cycling through new managers that fail at every step on the way, that is the way the club used to be run. I have a friend who is an Arsenal fan who celebrated like mad when Arsene Wenger left thinking now they would finally get a manager that could win them the PL, 6 years later and they are no where closer to win the PL today than they were 6-8-10 or 15 years ago. Or Inter Milan in the 90s, spending more money on player signings than the rest of Calcio combined and still failing to win the Serie A. Often the obvious and easy solution aren't getting you any closer to improvement and instead send you on a roller coaster of hopes and crushed dreams. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

Birdy

Or they can spend the next 20 years cycling through new managers that fail at every step on the way, that is the way the club used to be run. I have a friend who is an Arsenal fan who celebrated like mad when Arsene Wenger left thinking now they would finally get a manager that could win them the PL, 6 years later and they are no where closer to win the PL today than they were 6-8-10 or 15 years ago. Or Inter Milan in the 90s, spending more money on player signings than the rest of Calcio combined and still failing to win the Serie A. Often the obvious and easy solution aren't getting you any closer to improvement and instead send you on a roller coaster of hopes and crushed dreams. All I'm saying is be careful what you wish for.

Arsenal are not closer? Really?
Wenger stopped winning leagues in 2004, and after CL final 2006 he checked out of serious competition and coached basically an academy preparing talents for top clubs (Barca Madrid EPL etc) to snatch up when they were ready.
Yeah, I know there were other financial reasons they were not competing, but the last 10 or more years of Wenger were really demeaning and the team was being held back because of an emotional cling on the past and on Wenger's stature within their club

What happened when he left? It took only 2(!) appointments to find the guy that will take them to the next level. They trusted the process, and now they reap the benefits. And it's not that Emery was a random far-off appointment, it was also a great appointment

Now, you may have in mind UTD after Fergie, which is the opposite example: a mess with no plan, run by a bunch of crooks in suits, changing coach after coach, and belittling the history of their club.

Well, Atletico are in the Arsenal 2006-2018 era: they cling stubbornly to the past due to emotional reasons, and don't have the balls/courage/decisiveness to make a clean break, say goodbye to him, thank him for what he did in the past, and move forward.
After that they have two roads ahead: the UTD one, which only idiots will take, and the proper one which is the Arsenal one after Wenger
Of course, they can always become the new Arsenal 2006-2018, and also a laughing stock gradually, because they cannot solve their attachment issues.
It's their choice to make

Home of Barca Fans