Athletic Club de Bilbao

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Heynckes will retire after the season, though.

I hope Muníain takes the next step soon, he hasn't evolved much during the last 2 years.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think Heynckes said he wouldn't mind managing a different club. Though I may be mistaken. If Caparros were to come, Muniain would likely develop MUCH better than ever before and become a phenomenal player.

spark

:cry: Watching him at his best was amazing. He was a little Spanish wonder-kid and the future of Athletic and Spain. He has the agility, low center of gravity, and style of the Don and the never-say-die attitude of Puyol. I know he can come back and continue to progress as a great player but only after Athletic starts climbing out of this turmoil, hopefully this summer. There have to be a lot of managerial changes and squad changes and then hopefully some great early season form will start to turn things around. I pray that Caparros comes in as manager though because he's unbelievable at developing players and making teams gel. Heynckes wouldn't be bad either.

Never scored enough goals for me. 3 league on average per season is a waste of his talent and the forward positions he would find himself in per game. His shooting technique is good so i would say its composure he's lacking, which after 4 years you would say should be a little better at the very least. He might have to become a midfielder but his passing isnt consistent enough for that either. With more than a decade ahead of him , I'm sure he'll figure it out but Spanish football churns out new talent so quickly there is always a danger of being replaced if you stay stagnant too long. I wouldn't compare his attitude to Puyol, who has always been professional on the field. Muniain is more like the Soldado's of this world with all the mouthiness, kicks, general anger etc.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Iniesta doesn't score much either. That's not what Muniain brings to the game, it's not always about statistics. At his best he sparks attacks, draws defenders in, makes the team livelier, and dribbles into great positions very well. Muniain has the passion of Puyol, not the leadership and maturity. I'd say that under the right management and development, he'll have his breakout season soon and become very consistent and even statistically strong.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He is only 20. He is going through every player's worst and toughest time. No player at this age can show any type of consistency so it is understandable. They aren't nearly as developed, and if anything he needs to slow down a bit before he gets burnt out too quickly.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
To them he more than had it coming - and it had nothing to do with the World Cup. It had a lot to do with his on pitch behavior (far from angelic). I don't see you mentioning the standing ovation the same fans gave to Xavi last night.

Not everyone is going to worship all of Barca's players.

Ursegor

World Champion
They are booing him because of this incident from 10 / 11.

They believe Iniesta exaggerated. That's the official version. In reality everyone knows they are just booing the Spanish national team hero who scored the WC winning goal.

Fishdoll

Bakalao
They are booing him because of this incident from 10 / 11.

They believe Iniesta exaggerated. That's the official version. In reality everyone knows they are just booing the Spanish national team hero who scored the WC winning goal.

Um. No they are not. I was at the game yesterday and have a lot of friends who are Athletic socios. Iniesta is disliked because of the dive that got Amorebieta sent off and because of his contemptuous attitude toward the club, shown more than once.

Home of Barca Fans