Arturo Vidal

BBZ8800

Just emphasising that is so much more committed and mobile than Rakitic and deserves to start ahead of him IMHO .

Fine.
Btw, how would you compare Vidal's mobility and commitment compared to other midfielders, let's say Arthur and Busi?
Would you say that Arthur and Busi are more mobile and committed than Vidal, but Vidal is more mobile and committed only than Rakitic?
Or do you have some other formula?

I see, in that action which you mentioned, Vidal played 100 times better than Rakitic in both ways.
As I have asked yesterday, where was Arthur during that action?
Was he also outran by Vidal, or Arthur ran alongside Vidal, so BOTH Vidal and Arthur have outran poor guy Raki twice in a space of 20 seconds?
How would you compare Vidal's match to Arthur's yesterday for example?
Does Vidal deserves his place at Anfield also?
Or only Rakitic's? As always... :sherlock:

Last edited:

Tekkers

Fine.
Btw, how would you compare Vidal's mobility and commitment compared to other midfielders, let's say Arthur and Busi?
Would you say that Arthur and Busi are more mobile and committed than Vidal, but Vidal is more mobile and committed only than Rakitic?
Or do you have some other formula?

I see, in that action which you mentioned, Vidal played 100 times better than Rakitic in both ways.
As I have asked yesterday, where was Arthur during that action?
Was he also outran by Vidal, or Arthur ran alongside Vidal, so BOTH Vidal and Arthur have outran poor guy Raki twice in a space of 20 seconds?
How would you compare Vidal's match to Arthur's yesterday for example?
Does Vidal deserves his place at Anfield also?
Or only Rakitic's? As always... :sherlock:

"only Rakitic... As always" because they're the most similar midfielder players profile wise. vidal cannot provide what busquets and arthur do, but he can damn sure do fulfill rakitic's role in this team a whole lot better than rakitic can

BBZ8800

"only Rakitic... As always" because they're the most similar midfielder players profile wise. vidal cannot provide what busquets and arthur do, but he can damn sure do fulfill rakitic's role in this team a whole lot better than rakitic can

So, we won 2 La Ligas with very high amount of wins and extremely rare defeats, and EV lost only once in 2 years in a CL.
And now, suddenly, after those "bad results", it is a time for a huge change, to kick out a guy who plays the most in midfield.

Let me guess, next season, you will write a similar post, but then it will be a time to play Frenkie-Arthur-Busi and kick Rakitic and Vidal out.
Even better, the 4th pick should be Alena/Puig from the next season, right?
I mean, nobody can offer what Arthur, Frenkie, Puig, Alena are offering, while Rakitic and in the next season, Vidal, are easily replacable?
Am I right?

Since a last year's World cup, in how many BIG GAMES has Rakitic failed and flopped?

Last edited:

xXKonan

According to Sport, the club wants to add another year to his contract.

Currently, it sits at 2021 when it expires.

wisconsincule

I really like his play but I would not extend him. When players get into their 30s and are mercenaries like he is he should be year to year after the initial contract. If he is even playing here in 3 years.

Barcilliant

I'm a fan of his and I wouldn't extend his contract.
Sadly age does play a part in football. I'm not sure he will last the full three years here so why extend him?

Mandrake

2021 and we want to extend him? What?! SOUNDS crazy

It does sound strange. Maybe he wasnt happy with what he was making and the club agreed to a raise and asked him for another year? He’s a
Superhuman physycally, I think he’ll be fine at 35. And definitely adds something to the midfield that the others dont.

Joan

Just realized he's about to win his 8th league in a row. Three different countries. Will his success be celebrated like the Ronaldo's achievement? :thinking:

Arizona Scott

Just realized he's about to win his 8th league in a row. Three different countries. Will his success be celebrated like the Ronaldo's achievement? :thinking:

No, it only matters if you win the league occasionally rather than consistently. The fact it is occasional proves it is harder to do than if you win the league all or most of the time like Vidal and Messi has done the last decade.

Barcilliant

No wonder he's so desperate to win the cl. It's the missing trophy in his cabinet.

Eight in a row in three different countries. That's outstanding. The media won't hype it up like Ronaldo though.

Home of Barca Fans