Arturo Vidal

God Serena

I'm going to force myself to be optimistic on this one. He's clearly several steps above Paulinho. If he can help bring some grit and muscle to our midfield, I wouldn't mind so much.

Just for the love of god, don't pair him with Rakitic.

EdmondDantes

Where's Mandrake; I've got a few inquisitive questions for our intermittent fan.

I saw BBZ was fanboying over Raki again (comparing him to Messi, etc, on another thread; or something like that) and it prompted me to ask you something a little more relevant and stylistically pertinent since both play in midfield unlike Rakitic and Messi who are worlds apart and nothing alike:

1- Who do you think is the better player, peak Vidal or peak Rakitic?

2 - Who do you think has had the better career our of the two?

3 - Who do you think will have the better season for us?

4 - Do you think Vidal will eventually bench Raki once he settles in here?

q2SqJP.gif

Last edited:

Andrew M

[MENTION=19659]EdmondDantes[/MENTION]

This is Mandrake we're talking about:

1 - Vidal

2 - Vidal

3 - Vidal

4 - Vidal

EdmondDantes

[MENTION=19659]EdmondDantes[/MENTION]

This is Mandrake we're talking about:

1 - Vidal

2 - Vidal

3 - Vidal

4 - Vidal

haha

I know! I still want him to answer though. I think both Mandrake and BBZ would have a point saying who was/is better out of the two, I'm just curious as to how they'd articulate it.

I like both players but I have a feeling peak Vidal was slightly better personally.

So, BBZ if you see this, considered yourself invited to answer them as well - if you feel like it.

KingLeo10

peak vidal was better than peak rakitic. both were world class at their peak, but vidal was more dynamic and for a while (2015-some of 2016) chile were the best/2nd best national team in the world thanks to him and alexis

Centauri B

Vidal has been a world-class midfielder for years on end. Only question is how fit and how much does he still have left in the tank. The fact that Bayern sold him relatively cheaply to us, makes me a bit suspicious.

Hektor

Those of you that do not like Vidal's signing because of age, physical conditioning, or ability as a player do not know anything about the player. He is a top-notch DM, among the top 3 in the world! The reason for Bayern to sell Vidal so cheap is another. I won't say anything to give Vidal the opportunity to make it with Barça without any hindrance or baggage.

Hektor

He's played in Europe for more than a decade and still no EU status. WTF.

He did not stay in one country. To be eligible in Germany you have to be atleast 8 years in Germany, speak German and have to pass a test. He does not fulfil any of this. I think he even would have had to live in Italy 10 years.

Home of Barca Fans