Arthur

PhilS

OK, now it is time to rotate in the #5 and #6 midfielders, as soon as this next game. Must try Alena and Roberto (at different times), for better or worse.

Raketa10

OK, now it is time to rotate in the #5 and #6 midfielders, as soon as this next game. Must try Alena and Roberto (at different times), for better or worse.

Roberto? No thank you. We have enough midfielders he is our RB and that's it.

Potroh

I see that people are starting to use an alibi:
1. EV and his system is guilty for everything
2. and our players are static and not moving at all=are guilty for everything

So, when Semedo doesn't know what to do in attack: it is EV's system and lazy teammates.
When Arthur is playing backpasses like a scared girl, it is again on EV and lazy, slow teammates.
Yet again, Messi is able to play 60-70% of forward passes inspite of EV and lazy, old, granny teammates, hmm...

Why am I the regular recent victim that needs to argue with you??? Anyway...
But first of all: I agree with your Arthur assessment.

- I don't wish to start the Semedo-Roberto page again, but hope you have observed yesterday (just as an example) that Roberto played with Malcom as a RW in front of him. It's NOT the same situation when Semedo plays with NO RW in front, that happens 95% of such occasions.
When Roberto plays there is a leak on the right, because he is a bad defender, when Semedo plays there is no winger in front of him.

(Tell me pls: was it a serious tactical mistake that EV DID NOT send Semedo in to replace Umtiti when yesterday he saw that both central defenders had half of the speed compared to the opponent's fast forwards?)

- EV is partially guilty for NOT having a CREATOR-type midfielder.
- The Barca system worked as a system when Iniesta played that role. The club bought Coutinho for that, but either he is not a fit for the role or the system doesn't fit his type. The coach found him a different position, which is definitely NOT his, but rarely or never tested him as a creator midfielder.
- Therefore there are NO creators in midfield and Messi has to partially play also that.
- Arthur is fine for possession-based dullness, but that area is over once and forever.
- The Barca players are NOT static, the almost non-existing tactics are static, with fixed positions - apart from Messi.
- 90% of what EV does is sending a particular line-up to the field, but he is not able to SURPRISE even the weakest opponent with ANY premium tactical scenario.
- You are only partially right mentioning Messi as being the brave risk-taker, because imagine a hypothetical scene where there were two Messis playing. One is him, one is a creator midfielder. Sooner or later EV wouldn't play the midfielder Messi, because he would be unsatisfied with his contribution in defense...

Last edited:

El Barcelona

He definitely needs to work hard and improve his game and take some more risks in his passing when needed. De Jong paired with Arthur is something where I really looking forward to.

CatalinR10

Why not? He's partying with Neyboy, we know where this all leads in the end.

:)

Wanted to say this.

Wasn't he at Neymar's birthday party not long ago ? As soon as people start hanging out with Neymar , they're DONE , either in the field or off the field.

French Theo Walcott started diving like a bitch and now Arthur is not being himself.

We're lucky Neymar left in time or we don't know what would have happened with Messi.

I mean look at how he was before and the extreme changes after he started hanging out with Neymar.

messi.jpg

Havesaks

Wanted to say this.

Wasn't he at Neymar's birthday party not long ago ? As soon as people start hanging out with Neymar , they're DONE , either in the field or off the field.

French Theo Walcott started diving like a bitch and now Arthur is not being himself.

We're lucky Neymar left in time or we don't know what would have happened with Messi.

I mean look at how he was before and the extreme changes after he started hanging out with Neymar.

messi.jpg

hahaha yes neymar is the worst human influence, dragging decent people down into his hole. white hair geez

fergus90

He was decent, true his level has dropped a bit since returning from injury but his first season in Europe for a club the stature of Barca has been great.

Home of Barca Fans