Arthur

EdmondDantes

As per SofaScore Arthur completed 5 dribbles last night (out of 5 attempts). That's monster numbers for a CM, and the type of numbers he used to pull at the Libertadores, to see him do this in European football is outstanding.

Being press-resistant & a dribbling machine are two excellent traits to have in a Barcelona midfielder. His creativity is visibly improving as well.

30 million was an absolute steal.

Jombi

As per SofaScore Arthur completed 5 dribbles last night (out of 5 attempts). That's monster numbers for a CM, and the type of numbers he used to pull at the Libertadores, to see him do this in European football is outstanding.

Being press-resistant & a dribbling machine are two excellent traits to have in a Barcelona midfielder. His creativity is visibly improving as well.

Yes, its absurd to see people being so harsh on him when he's been a wonderful addition to our squad for 40m, while a guy who cost us 160m euros and were supposed to be instant impact has been so bad. With a huge transfer fee comes more responsibility.

De Jong and Arthur in front of a DM could be potential dynamite. They have the tools, intelligence, composure, confidence, technique to dominate any midfield and could be a great duo.

aceshigh

Yes, a steal. But then, Grêmio would not be able to sell a midfielder, untested in Europe, for more. If I am not mistaken, it was a record transfer fee for a Brazilian mid fielder.

Also, the final value is not 30 million euros. There are several performance clauses that increase the value, to a total of 45 million euros if I am not mistaken.

Like playing in the CL, starting in the CL, being called for the Brazilian national team, being called for the World Cup, etc, etc.

cro-man

He needs to be a bit more aggresive at defending and he should be more involved up front because i feel he is capable. That pass to malcom was not a lucky pass and he seems to be able to do that more times. Someone needs to do just the runs. Other than that he is great at controlling and holding the ball. Dont know how he is shielding the ball so well he seems to be very stong on his feets. Without fouling there is no chance to get the ball.

Cant believe how quick this guy did adapt and how he is getting better and better.

Senador Romario

He needs to be a bit more aggresive at defending and he should be more involved up front because i feel he is capable. That pass to malcom was not a lucky pass and he seems to be able to do that more times. Someone needs to do just the runs. Other than that he is great at controlling and holding the ball. Dont know how he is shielding the ball so well he seems to be very stong on his feets. Without fouling there is no chance to get the ball.

Cant believe how quick this guy did adapt and how he is getting better and better.

I think his mentality is of a defensive player. At Gremio he played in the double pivot of the 4-2-3-1, so he was a DM. In his last months there they started to put pressure on him to go up front, he did that and scored some beautiful goals. But i think his natural instinct is to be a DM. If he was taller i believe he would be a replacement for Busquets in the future.

Gnidrologist

No compilations of his performance on Sevilla online? Damn. I think it was best CM performance i've seen since xavi era. Was absolutely dominating the bread and butter play and had at least several close to genius moments that we were so used to with xaviesta (yes, he has learned some tricks from both of them). So hyped to see him and De Jong together in future. :fap:

Gnidrologist

The site says that number of allowed playbacks has exceeded allowed.;/
Wanted to watch comp as this was really absolutely top of the line performance for me from him on top of already great showings.

EdmondDantes

No compilations of his performance on Sevilla online? Damn. I think it was best CM performance i've seen since xavi era. Was absolutely dominating the bread and butter play and had at least several close to genius moments that we were so used to with xaviesta (yes, he has learned some tricks from both of them). So hyped to see him and De Jong together in future. :fap:

It's working now. These Google Drive comps are great because they aren't cropped to comply with youtube's TOS.

It was a great watch indeed. We found a diamond in Arthur.

Gnidrologist

Yes, watched it. They seem to exceed some limits for certain periods.
Indeed awesome to watch this comp as it resembles cops of our old legends. So many smart, useful and even penetrative actions is one match. And i don't think he was gassed by the second time, at least no more than our other players. He was still center piece of our most attacking actions in second time. He seemed to have the sort of confidence we see from players, who realize that they are the leaders, who need to step up and show the way. Obviously the makeshift lineup helped him in this regard a lot. It was obvious that he was the go to guy all along and he knew it. Don't know if how conscious if this is Valverede, but if he is and he did it on purpose, maybe he's learning. That would be actually great asset for us, as i doubt we can get better coach in summer. If Ernie is a learning animal and can evolve beyond his mid table overachiever teams upon the sound tactical base of getting results he already has, i'd be super excited even about last part of this season. Maybe repeating of Lucho's path.

Home of Barca Fans