Arthur

Jcar

I see a lot of people asking how this kid assimilated the barça's style so fast while many experienced europeans players failed. To me is not his own style and talent alone, i believe that Gremio has a big role in that: Gremio is playing possession football. Gremio is trying to do his own interpretation of the tiki-taka, and is having sucess at that. They are once again, almost getting in the finals of the Libertadores (south-american UCL). They won against River-Plate in Argentina (first match of the semis). I said it one time and i wil say it again: From now on, we will see more and more Gremio players wearing our shirts in the next years.

Their youth-teams are also playing possession football, they are also coming to the professionals learning our way.

Bobsin is one of those that i would bet my money for the future.

This goal from 2015 (before Arthur) shows what i am saying:

[youtube]RURksn__rtU[/youtube]

xXKonan

Talking about Gremio players we were also linked with Luan back in 2016 as a potential backup for Suarez, but nothing ever came out of it.

Edit: Found this off twitter.

Dqo3OTBXQAAyc8-.jpg

Last edited:

biraboyz

Banned
Arthur had some shaky problems in the second half But I don't think he was the problem really.

Rafinha's problem was he despite being a good defensive player wasn't providing much on the ball. He looked a step behind offensively compared to the rest. It was easy for Real to just stick 5-6 Dudes in the Midfield to counter what he brought.

Just subbing off Arthur for Vidal wasn't really going to work yet. If anything it would have probably been a disaster since you lose a lot of control and forcing Rakitic and Busi into tough positions that they aren't comfortable with.

What helped fixed our problems was both the Semedo and Dembele subs. Semedo being subbed on allowed to push Roberto who was much better than Rafinha into the Midfield to help negate Real's advantage. Dembele with his pace and amount of space help exploit Real's weaknesses in the 3-5-2.

Valverde was basically playing a Chess match and when he finally made the killer move it was over For Real and in this case, the Semedo-Dembele subs were spot on which allowed us to get two more goals and brought on Vidal to basically close it out with a goal.

not saying he s the problem, but calling great performance is being over used in his every game. He is good actually very good at times, perfectly fit his role. Great buy by Barca

Porque

Great first Clasico by Arthur. It seems he was defensively asked to fill the AMC spot and press the forwards with Raki and Busquets as double pivot.

Shaky first 20 of the second half because Madrid upped the intensity and overloaded the middle and wings. Madrid have alot of quality and it was basically Lope last hurrah. All or nothing from him. Against top quality teams you can not dominate for 90 minutes.

Gaudi

He couldn't get 5 minutes then suddenly he looks irreplaceable in our firts 11. Question now is: did EV prepare him greatly for this or just pushed him in and he looked great? This question goes for Malcom then.

Devils

Watched the highlights and on our third goal (Suarez header), the play starts with Alba making a pass to Arthur who invites 3 Madrid players to press him which leaves Dembele wide open to receive the ball after Arthur makes the return pass back to Alba.

It's just brilliant play all around.

xXKonan

He couldn't get 5 minutes then suddenly he looks irreplaceable in our firts 11. Question now is: did EV prepare him greatly for this or just pushed him in and he looked great? This question goes for Malcom then.
Considering how good he was in preseason and how bad we looked during the start of the season I think EV said fuck it and rolled the dice and it worked.

I wished he had rolled the dice a bit earlier though. We probably would have had a pretty big gap between first and second now. :lol:

danielamorim85

Well, as I have already readed here before, Arthur was improving his physical atributes in gym, and losing some fat. So for me makes sense his absense in beginning of the season due to gym's fatigue, and maybe he is still not 100% physically, that would explain his performances drops in 2nd halfs and also his subs...
I'm just speculating...

cro-man

I like arthur especially the way he is shielding the ball. He seems to be very strong and intellegent and is always available for a pass because of his positioning.

Sometimes he does hold the ball for too long and find himself into complicating situations and is forced to play the wrong pass.

One thing i very feared about him was that he wont be able contribute up front to support our attack because he is lacking skills to do that.

Conclusion so far is that he is more than just a player who can just hold the ball he seems to be a good a distance shooter and is always able to play a killer pass. I am surprised how quick he adapted and how much potential is hidden in him. I wish he would be a bit faster but you cant have everything. Season is long and its just the beginning so its too early to judge and to praise too much. I wish him good luck.

Home of Barca Fans