Arthur

behindbrowneyes

Some people even called him fat. Arthur has the type of body taller, physical players hate to face. He may be quite small but it is hard to unbalance him with body strength since he has a bulkier body than the average player at his height. He has a low center of gravity and is agile too. Players like Pogba will struggle against him.

Last edited:

aondoe

Wow. I DON'T WANT TO GET CARRIED AWAY. But this guy looks like he's ready to start. His vision and decision-making are 10 years older than his real age. I kept watching in bewilderment, like how come I never heard of this guy; He looks like a world class midfielder. I know it's preseason, but who else played like him in the preseason. And also the preseason should not be understated because the stakes aren't high for the club. The stakes are very high for the players who aren't expected to start and for new arrivals. Can't wait for the season to start.

EdmondDantes

I can't wait to see Arthur in competitive mode.

[youtube]rlATkieIMXg[/youtube]

I'm sure someone already posted this but this his performance in the second leg of the Libertadores final.

P.S. He was a little overweight. The club put him in an individualized diet to drop 3 KGs as per 3 different reports. He already looker slimmer and is beginning to show some muscular definition in his upper body, something he visibly never had when he first showed up for his medicals. He will be even better once he reaches his optimal physical condition.

He's naturally stocky and muscular but there's no need for that excessive body fat percentage for an elite athlete like him. He's probably nearing 11% now which is the recommended cut off for footballers but many stay well below that, and if Arthur can get to 10% it would be perfect.

BBZ8800

You put him the "light, technical" category just few posts ago.:lol: And i pointed out his physicality. But yeah he also seems a tough nut not to be messing with. Very good.

He is short and technical.
Iniesta is short, light and technical.
Busi is tall, light and technical.
Arthur is not a pushover.
Iniesta and Busi are.

You can watch all skills separately.

I called him light due to height and not being a tall workhorse.
So, in a black and white world of either tal workhorses or short, technical players, he is closer to the second group.
But still, his mentality is more brave than of classical Barca's short, physically weak, technical, zero level of being thugs, players.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Helps that Arthur played in the Copa Libertadores where you face a number of different teams especially Argentina teams which are known for being full of nutters and shithouses.

I mean look at Vidal, dude is the posterboy of South American football when it comes to being a fucking Hardman. Dude isn't going to let anyone take advantage of him nor his teammates and Arthur learned that early on as well.

Jombi

He is short and technical.
Iniesta is short, light and technical.
Busi is tall, light and technical.
Arthur is not a pushover.
Iniesta and Busi are.

You can watch all skills separately.

I called him light due to height and not being a tall workhorse.
So, in a black and white world of either tal workhorses or short, technical players, he is closer to the second group.
But still, his mentality is more brave than of classical Barca's short, physically weak, technical, zero level of being thugs, players.

You clearly put him in your "schoolboy" category though, no point denying that. When you refuse to look at players individually, or even watch them play before judging you end up with stuff like that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Arthur is not a schoolboy.
He is willing to kick and fight, he is not a pushover like majority of our current team.

That part is surely good.

Arthur has finally won the BBZ seal of approval :worthy:

we are all allowed to praise him now that we know thug's blood runs in his veins

PhilS

We are going to get the chance to talk about how he should lose a few kilos for many years of him starting for trophy-winning Barca teams.

GroneDanone

...........Arthur
......De Jong...Puig

Can't wait [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

For when, 2023? Until then, we have Sergi at that position as well. Also, I don't see why there is such an obsession with De Jong. Unless he plays CB, this is exactly the position for which we have our own talents from La Masia and should first wait to see how they develop before buying young talent from other clubs. Not only Puig but also Oriol, Alena and a bunch of other talented guys who played Juvenil A last year (Collado, Monchu, Orellana).

Arthur will be great for us going forward but give this guy a chance to acclimate himself before burdening him with expectations. For now, our midfield has a number of players who are more likely to be key players for us next year – even beyond Busquets and Rakitic, namely Coutinho, Sergi and probably Vidal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I hope he starts vs Sevilla in the Supercup. I think he deserves it after the performances in Pre-Season. The internationals also just recently got back in training.

Vidal has been training for longer too. If he's fit and ready to play they could start: Vidal - Busquets - Arthur

Or Roberto instead of Vidal and then bring on Coutinho/Rakitic in the 2nd half.

Home of Barca Fans