Arthur

Felipetonelo

What a game, we played like gods first half, and like shit second half. We missed him a lot.

I see you are a Gremio fan. So? What's your say? Can he make it here? How would you describe him?

He is good and has all the skills: pass, ball control, movement with and without the ball, speed, strenght... But his decision making is what makes him so good here and it's his best thing.
He always does the right thing in the right time. He's always free to get the ball, because he moves when he has to. If he can't get the ball, he opens up the space for others.
It's unfair to compare him with Xavi or Iniesta, both are legends, but I would say he's more Xavi style.
Another thing I like about him, is that he doesn't "feel" the game. If we are losing or winning, if it's a league game, or a final, it doesn't matter, he will be playing at his best.
Arthur is a smart guy and I think he will adapt well. He works hard and is determined. I would be surprised if he start doing stupid things when he gets there.

xXKonan

46F11F6B00000578-0-image-m-94_1512309716992.jpg

This photograph was taken several months ago and it nearly fucked everything up but Robert has finally gotten his man.

If follow some of the most reliable sources during this saga, this deal was much more complex than the recent deals we have made on other players. a lot of it has to do with the third party stuff and just how much money we needed to allocate to the Club, Arthur and his family, his agency etc.

also 300k of the funds goes to Goiás, his original club he started out with before moving to Gremio. that 300k will help them out to stay afloat in the Brazilian second division. another interesting tidbit is Douglas also went through Goiás youth academy and First team as well before he moved to Sao Paulo.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
46F11F6B00000578-0-image-m-94_1512309716992.jpg

This photograph was taken several months ago and it nearly fucked everything up but Robert has finally gotten his man.

If follow some of the most reliable sources during this saga, this deal was much more complex than the recent deals we have made on other players. a lot of it has to do with the third party stuff and just how much money we needed to allocate to the Club, Arthur and his family, his agency etc.

also 300k of the funds goes to Goiás, his original club he started out with before moving to Gremio. that 300k will help them out to stay afloat in the Brazilian second division. another interesting tidbit is Douglas also went through Goiás youth academy and First team as well before he moved to Sao Paulo.

Oh crap! That's not interesting! It's shit scary

Jombi

Our management seem to be focusing on midfield which is good.

Some people claim we have a gazillion midfielders so none are needed, but the management clearly understands that this is deceptive and our midfield is clearly ageing. Midfield is the most important position and we need strength in depth

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He really doesn't have any better stats than Rakitic and leagues they play in are miles apart.

henias

He really doesn't have any better stats than Rakitic and leagues they play in are miles apart.

And the team they play in are miles apart as well. Everyone is interdependent in team sports like this, can't have assists without goals, or goals without assists. Arthur will do extremely well in a team like Barca.

Raketa10

To be fair, Raki has been fantastic in the second part of the season when he was given more deeper role. Arthur and Raki are also miles apart in age and experience. The truth is that this kid will need at least 6 month to adapt so it's way to early to give any conclusions on him.

I would be more than happy if at least one of our two young midfielders (Alena & Arthur) becomes integral part of our team but let's hope both of them do.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I see that everyone is mentioning him as a Cm.
What if he is bought to be a Cm and possibly Busi's replacement as a Cdm in 3-4 years?

khaled_a_d

I see that everyone is mentioning him as a Cm.
What if he is bought to be a Cm and possibly Busi's replacement as a Cdm in 3-4 years?

More than possible, one of the reasons I am actually patient judging the deal, he strike me as a guy who will do the dirty work and not just a technical player (if he was the later I am not impressed with his highlights)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So are we buying him in the summer and loan him back for 6 months or so until Coutinho gets his Portuguese passport? I was reading stuff saying that he won't get his passport until January 2019?

Home of Barca Fans