Arthur

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I wonder what our scouts saw in him initially. A misjudgment right from the gate or he regressed?

Imo he regressed. This was nowhere near the 18/19 Arthur.

We really are hopeless. :lol:

I think Arthur has (or had) potential for a better career. He even had a good start, looked natural. But thought his limitations were too big for us to build the midfield with him as an integral part. These are more obvious now.

Fully agree. Thought he would improve on those limitations the next season , instead he went on to collect STD's

Joan

Fair enough. :lol: :lol:

Do keep in mind that we are paying the bag of dicks double the wages the other bag of dicks was earning.

We really are hopeless. :lol:

I think Arthur has (or had) potential for a better career. He even had a good start, looked natural. But thought his limitations were too big for us to build the midfield with him as an integral part. These are more obvious now.

malvolio

My take is that we still got the worst deal. They can still sell their bag of dicks for 10 millions. We ain't getting jack shit for Pjanic, ever

vegitot

I wonder what our scouts saw in him initially. A misjudgment right from the gate or he regressed?

He was pretty good in 18/19 and start of 2019/2020 then declined massively. Probably only BBZ saw his flaws from beginning while all fans expected new Xavi.

KingLeo10

He stopped caring at some point after 18/19. He was actually more physically fit than he is now during parts of his Barca stint and had a shot/goal in him at times.

Guy got too full of himself with names like Barcelona and Juventus on his resume, without realizing that he only got into these sides when they were on down years.

Richard.H

My take is that we still got the worst deal. They can still sell their bag of dicks for 10 millions. We ain't getting jack shit for Pjanic, ever

Yes, also one thing to keep in mind is that Arthur is still relatively young (only 24) compared to Pjanic who's reaching the end of his career. That alone adds more value to Arthur.

Messi983

He's young but he looks like he's 50 years old, lol.

Offloading him was one of the best deals in Barca history.

vegitot

Yes, also one thing to keep in mind is that Arthur is still relatively young (only 24) compared to Pjanic who's reaching the end of his career. That alone adds more value to Arthur.

He is 24 but he is also a Brazilian which makes other teams will think about his discipline first.

BBZ8800

Some of you are writing that he had a good 18/19 season.

Since I hated his passing since the day1, this is how his two years looked like:
18/19, start: he needed 2 months to click with the team, he was meh in the beginning
October-February: he played well and people started insane hype
After february: he was exhausted. He had a mix of injuries and being tired all the time. EV started to sub him after 45 minutes at home matches and in a CDR final vs Valencia because he was beyond useless when we were 0:1 down.
(Lord EV figured that out 1 year before an average Barca fan).
Back then he dropped to a 5th place in the pecking order, even behind Alena.
So, even in his first season: he was shit in the attacking third, with horrible defensive stats, tired after 50 minutes.
He barely played from March-May.
Fans started to say how EV hates him and how he is not tired.

Arthur got angry after 18/19.
He went to Copa, played well against teams who run like headless chickens at him.
He returned to Barca, but needed a 2 Months rest because he played 5 matches at Copa and he was dead tired.
When he returned, he was angry and wanted to prove himself.
He played good for 7 matches and scored 2 goals and made some assists. Fans started to say: he is awesome in the attacking third.
But after 7 matches played, he got dead tired again, got injured, lost motivation and started to party.
After that, he missed almost the whole season and barely played.

So, in short, in 2 years at Barca:
1. He had 3 good Months in 2018/2019, then got exhausted and went MIA
2. In 2019/20, he had 7 good matches, then again got exhausted and went MIA

People got blinded by a one trick pony who is good only at press resistance and playing pig in the middle till death.

Insanely one dimensional and limited player.

KingLeo10

Some of you are writing that he had a good 18/19 season.

Since I hated his passing since the day1, this is how his two years looked like:
18/19, start: he needed 2 months to click with the team, he was meh in the beginning
October-February: he played well and people started insane hype
After february: he was exhausted. He had a mix of injuries and being tired all the time. EV started to sub him after 45 minutes at home matches and in a CDR final vs Valencia because he was beyond useless when we were 0:1 down.
(Lord EV figured that out 1 year before an average Barca fan).
Back then he dropped to a 5th place in the pecking order, even behind Alena.
So, even in his first season: he was shit in the attacking third, with horrible defensive stats, tired after 50 minutes.
He barely played from March-May.
Fans started to say how EV hates him and how he is not tired.

Arthur got angry after 18/19.
He went to Copa, played well against teams who run like headless chickens at him.
He returned to Barca, but needed a 2 Months rest because he played 5 matches at Copa and he was dead tired.
When he returned, he was angry and wanted to prove himself.
He played good for 7 matches and scored 2 goals and made some assists. Fans started to say: he is awesome in the attacking third.
But after 7 matches played, he got dead tired again, got injured, lost motivation and started to party.
After that, he missed almost the whole season and barely played.

So, in short, in 2 years at Barca:
1. He had 3 good Months in 2018/2019, then got exhausted and went MIA
2. In 2019/20, he had 7 good matches, then again got exhausted and went MIA

People got blinded by a one trick pony who is good only at press resistance and playing pig in the middle till death.

Insanely one dimensional and limited player.

We already gave you the W on this one, dawg. No need to go overboard.

Home of Barca Fans