Arthur

serghei

I don't understand why are we so bad in defense, considering Arthur doesn't play.

I was expecting us to be much better after he was out, because I was told how superior Rakitic is instead of Arthur in defense. So, can someone please tell me why we can't defend properly against the last placed team without Arthur?

I think we have received more goals with Rakitic on the field than with Arthur. I am confused.

Last edited:

serghei

8 goals received with Arthur on the field in 919 min.
9 goals received with Rakitic on the field in 805 min.

So it means we receive 1 goal per 114 min with Arthur playing
And 1 goal per 90 mins with Rakitic playing

So, we receive more goals when defending god Rakitic plays, than when Arthur does :lol:

I don't do stats often, but I see why it can be fun :lol:.

Vilarrubi

So, we receive more goals when defending god Rakitic plays, than when Arthur does :lol:

:lol: classic.

FinBarcelonafan

Nice find.

gasgas

Atta boy [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]

CatalinR10

Not only that but we've won only 11 games out of 18 that Rakitic played ( by next month it will be only half )

Arthur played in 12 games and we've won 9 of them.

It's absolutelly sickening that it's 2020 and Rakitic is still playing for us . Black sheep of the team.

serghei

Not only that but we've won only 11 games out of 18 that Rakitic played ( by next month it will be only half )

Arthur played in 12 games and we've won 9 of them.

It's absolutelly sickening that it's 2020 and Rakitic is still playing for us . Black sheep of the team.

I have to say, it's not that unbelievable that our defensive numbers are worse with Rakitic, probably because with Arthur we control the game more and allow the opponent less time on the ball. Less time on the ball means fewer opportunities to create danger in our box.

Once again, there is a common misconception among those who understand the game very little that tackles = defense. Very not true. Tackles and interceptions appear when you fail to control the game and the opponent has way too much time on the ball than normal. A very dominant team on the ball will by default be better defensively because the opponent has fewer chances to hurt us.

So, when somebody says Arthur is great at keeping possession, they actually mean he is an asset in the defensive aspect too, they're just too clueless to understand the defensive benefits related to keeping the ball.

Having players who keep the ball well by passing and movement, means the defense has fewer attacks to stop during 90 mins. Having players who give the ball away and have average technique when pressed means the back 4 have more attacks to stop.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I have to say, it's not that unbelievable that our defensive numbers are worse with Rakitic, probably because with Arthur we control the game more and allow the opponent less time on the ball. Less time on the ball means fewer opportunities to create danger in our box.

Once again, there is a common misconception among those who understand the game very little that tackles = defense. Very not true. Tackles and interceptions appear when you fail to control the game and the opponent has way too much time on the ball than normal. A very dominant team on the ball will by default be better defensively because the opponent has fewer chances to hurt us.

So, when somebody says Arthur is great at keeping possession, they actually mean he is an asset in the defensive aspect too, they're just too clueless to understand the defensive benefits related to keeping the ball.

Having players who keep the ball well by passing and movement, means the defense has fewer attacks to stop during 90 mins. Having players who give the ball away and have average technique when pressed means the back 4 have more attacks to stop.

Never understood how BBZ cannot grasp this concept. Fewer turnovers and shit passes under pressure = fewer attacks from the opposition caused and invited.

FinBarcelonafan

Btw.. I don't see us being successful in CL this season if our two starters are Raki and Busi. Arthur has to start AND play well. No other option!

bismp

Yeah the way it’s trending I’m starting to feel the same way.

There is time to turn it around but it seems like something drastic has to happen.

I’m afraid nothing will change.Retardo wasn’t fired after 2 consecutive CL humiliations and 2,5 years of terrible football,he won’t be fired now(unless we start losing every single match,which won’t happen).

What’s worse is that even if we fire Retardo,they’ll probably bring another puppet to manage the old and unmotivated squad.This way the natural progression of the team(considering Messi is going to retire fairly soon) will emulate that of Manchester United or even worse...Milan.

The only way to avoid this situation is a new board,a bold manager(like Klopp or Pep) and big changes in the locker room(looking at Rakitic,Suarez,Alba,Busquets,Vidal and maybe even Pique).

Home of Barca Fans