Arthur

KingLeo10

BBZ using dailymail and the mirror to make his case against arthur. stop being so stubborn, he was our best midfielder tonight. :lol:

Havesaks

Great game, really brings some needed movement and fluency to The midfield when he plays like that - looked more lean today?
He can be even better. All midfielders were good today. I liked Sergio best. Bbz is right, Arthur sometime gets overrated reviews. Probably because he is young and spiritfull, but raki and bussis Routine shouldnt be overlooked.

Arizona Scott

I have a feeling that Barcaforum fans are quite biased and soft towards Arthur.

This is true. Part of it is because he is the new guy (also see Semedo, Malcom) and part of it is because he does remind them of when Barca played the best football ever played.

Despite the sun shining from the young mans hind region to many, still he has been the signing of the year. A very solid player already (almost mind blowing for someone new to European professional football) and fixture for the future.

I personally think from the recent hamstring and length/intensity of the season caught up to him for a while (rookie wall) but maybe he now looks at out that phase. I want to see him conserved a bit more now, so he is as fresh and in form as possible for starting the CDR final and CL matches. I really like this player and all in all better than Vidal for 65 minutes.

aceshigh

I agree with BBZ. Arthur sucks. Only viable solution is for Barça to loan him for free to Gremio, before next Wednesday,so we,I mean, they, can recover in the Libertadores and win it.

Joan

This is true. Part of it is because he is the new guy (also see Semedo, Malcom) and part of it is because he does remind them of when Barca played the best football ever played.
There is no bias on Barcaforum which doesn't apply to Arthur. :lol: It's almost too easy for him.

Agree with the rest. Lenglet and him were the best signings done this summer.

Arizona Scott

I agree with BBZ. Arthur sucks. Only viable solution is for Barça to loan him for free to Gremio, before next Wednesday,so we,I mean, they, can recover in the Libertadores and win it.

BBZ just showed he performed a tad better than Sergio Busquets and only a tad behind Ivan Rakitic. Only in Barcaforum would a young midfielder already being rated in these two company (after demolishing United 4-nil in a tie) be considered "suck"ing.

aceshigh

BBZ just showed he performed a tad better than Sergio Busquets and only a tad behind Ivan Rakitic. Only in Barcaforum would a young midfielder already being rated in these two company (after demolishing United 4-nil in a tie) be considered "suck"ing.

please, re-read the second part of my post, so you may notice it was ironic. You may also notice I am above all a Grêmio fan.

serghei

Man is right. Fine irony actually, almost fell for it too.

underoath

Banned
Lol.
A lot of people questioned him in August and September.
Then he played well in October, November, December, January and February.
He was bad to meh in March and April till today.
This is 8 Months for you, cool story.

I have already commented on this after previous matches.
I have a feeling that Barcaforum fans are quite biased and soft towards Arthur.

People here say that Arthur stood out in our midfield, let's see what neutral viewers from papers said:
Daily Mail:
Raki 7
Busi 9
Arthur 7

Mirror:
Rakitic 7
Busi 7
Arthur 7

INews
Raki 7
Busi 7
Arthur 7

SkySports:
Raki 7
Busi 7
Arthur 7

90Min:
Raki 7
Busi 6
Arthur 7

Independent:
Raki 7
Busi 7
Arthur 7

Espn:
Raki 8
Busi 6
Arthur 7

Barcablaugranes:
Raki 8
Busi 7
Arthur 8

Total:
Raki 7,25
Arthur 7,13
Bui 7,00

For example, out of 8 currently available reviews on these popular pages, Arthur didn't get better ratings than Rakitic on any of those.
On BarcaForum though, Arthur is always MOTM in midfield.

My friend [MENTION=22178]YodaMaster[/MENTION] would still bench Rakitic before both Arthur and Busi, since Rakitic is the worst out of three, of course.

Well Barcaforum consensus will always be, either Raki and Busi are trash or Arthur doesn't play good because he's surrounded by trash midfield :lol:

Arizona Scott

Well Barcaforum consensus will always be, either Raki and Busi are trash or Arthur doesn't play good because he's surrounded by trash midfield :lol:

I would say loud minority, certainly not consensus.

FYI I had picked up the irony and was aware of main message. Like I said Arthur is in great company, as BBZ analysis showed--there was none of "Arthur sucks" position to agree to in the 1st place. Like it is a problem here to say none of Rakitic, Busi and Arthur suck, nor are flawless midfielders at this stage in their career.

Home of Barca Fans